Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Nov 21, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

January weather and discovery cove

We’ve just booked dc but going 2nd week in jan, will we regret it with any possible cold weather and what happens if its really bad rainy stormy weather etc do they allow you to change days or you just miss out?
glenandem is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
PeachyLemons
Excited about Disney

We are going in Jan too and I’ve been unsure whether to buy DC tickets, they are such a good price in the Black Friday sales.

They do have a bad weather
policy, here is the link: discoverycove/orlando/he...eather-policy/

Edited at 09:09 AM.
PeachyLemons is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
WindyMiller2
Very Serious Dibber

WindyMiller2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We have DC booked for January and have booked it earlier in our holiday, then if a cold front comes through which it can in January, we can hopefully look to change to a later date in the holiday.

In the past, we have just called into DC and they have always been very helpful in trying to accommodate any changes for us with certainly one complimentary change free of charge. Bear in mind they are not usually open all week either at this time of year so your options to change may be a bit more limited.

Edited at 09:15 AM.
WindyMiller2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by PeachyLemons View Post
We are going in Jan too and I’ve been unsure whether to buy DC tickets, they are such a good price in the Black Friday sales.

They do have a bad weather
policy, here is the link: discoverycove/orlando/he...eather-policy/
cool, cheapest we found then was undercover tourist.
we've just paid £450 for 5 of us for the ultimate tickets with seaworld Busch.
we was going to do those parks anyway and the 3 park ticket was coming in slightly more than doing I this with dc so result, hopefully gonna be a good day out and the kids can fill they're faces
glenandem is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

we booked for middle of January in the black friday sale was £96 each for ultimate ticket (non swim)! we've been in Jan before and was a hot day (well for us brits anyway!) so hoping for the same
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
PeachyLemons
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
we booked for middle of January in the black friday sale was £96 each for ultimate ticket (non swim)! we've been in Jan before and was a hot day (well for us brits anyway!) so hoping for the same
Prices are really good for next year I found £93 non swim and £127 swim for my dates in Jan.

How did you find the weather in Jan overall?
PeachyLemons is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by PeachyLemons View Post
Prices are really good for next year I found £93 non swim and £127 swim for my dates in Jan.

How did you find the weather in Jan overall?
We went January 2020 and had a scoricho 10 days however the day after we left a cold front came in and they had some of their coldest January weather, so is kinda hit or miss! I think that cold snap was unusual tho.we also went for Christmas and new year 2016/17 and that was pretty hot, we stayed in daytona so had plenty breakfasts on the beach! ☀
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
We went January 2020 and had a scoricho 10 days however the day after we left a cold front came in and they had some of their coldest January weather, so is kinda hit or miss! I think that cold snap was unusual tho.we also went for Christmas and new year 2016/17 and that was pretty hot, we stayed in daytona so had plenty breakfasts on the beach! ☀
We was there for that hot weather in jan 20 too, me and the wife got a quick week in away from the kids and could t believe the weather, said we’d start doing it more as we’d never been away without the sprogs and next thing covid happened lol
Fingers crossed we all get to go jan and weathers as good as it was then🤞
Old 18 Nov 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DJMC
Trying for More Ears

Going Christmas day hopefully we get plenty of Sun
Old 18 Nov 21, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Always book as early in your holiday as you can so you can reschedule if you had to, we've had some lovely hot January days over the years,but also some big jacket days 😳
We're booked for December 17th and hoping for sunshine.This was January 2nd😎
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List