Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Nov 21, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Anyone have a hive thermostat …please help me !

Bought a hive thermostat and hub and it was installed on Friday by the plumber we always use.

I just can’t seem to get it to work. I am reasonably tech savvy. The app is installed and the thermostat is on, both show that the heating is off and when I programme the schedule the information is correct on the thermostat. In realty the boiler is on constant and doesn’t seem to recognising the schedule or thermostat. I keep trying to reconnect both. We are having to switch the combi boiler off at the wall as the house is getting like a furnace !

Hope I have explained this so you can understand what I mean. Hate these tech things getting the better of me !
If anyone can help that would be great, thanks !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve got hive, never had that issue but have had to use their customer services for help and they were very good.

I think I contacted them via the app.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We had Hive installed many years ago now but do remember that the installation was included with the price of the kit and a British Gas engineer fitted it.

We also had some initial problems with connectivity and British Gas customer service was very good. They ended up sending another engineer out and he sorted the problem. The first engineer hadn't finished it off correctly so it was a fitting problem, rather than anything I could have sorted.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
We had Hive installed many years ago now but do remember that the installation was included with the price of the kit and a British Gas engineer fitted it.

We also had some initial problems with connectivity and British Gas customer service was very good. They ended up sending another engineer out and he sorted the problem. The first engineer hadn't finished it off correctly so it was a fitting problem, rather than anything I could have sorted.
I think it’s an installation issue too. Husband will call him tomorrow. The thermostat and the app are showing the same information . I keep trying to pair the devices in the app but it isn’t finding anything. I hate these things defeating me but we’ll have to get the plumber back round.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I’ve only once had an issue and rang them and they were very helpful. They talked me through everything. I’d ring them today and get it sorted. It’s freezing! 🥶🥶
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
newstewart
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve had issues previously, contacted them using webchat and problem resolved
newstewart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

Have you got a thing on the wall near the boiler with a green light on it? Sorry, rubbish description I know! I think that has a button to press and hold which then resets everything?

I've only just had Hive installed by BG so I'm no expert as yet!
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by mouskevik View Post
Have you got a thing on the wall near the boiler with a green light on it? Sorry, rubbish description I know! I think that has a button to press and hold which then resets everything?

I've only just had Hive installed by BG so I'm no expert as yet!
Yes. I have gone through the instructions a few times now and keep trying to reset. To me everything seems to be connected on the app and the wall thermostat but the boiler isn’t switching on and off. The boiler is on constant and I’m switching it on and off with the isolation switch on the boiler. The house is getting boiling hot !
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

I know this may sound silly but on your app when you go into the heating section. The grey box at the bottom of the page is highlighted white over the schedule part and not Manual.
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
I know this may sound silly but on your app when you go into the heating section. The grey box at the bottom of the page is highlighted white over the schedule part and not Manual.
Thank you. Yes it’s on schedule. I’m sure it’s something simple. I’ve had enough for this weekend 😂

Edited at 12:54 PM.