Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 6 Aug 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ashilda
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

4 people, 2 weeks, 1 room! Offsite trip report, travel day.

Well I wasnt going to do a report as I didn't think I'd have time but the rest of the family are on their devices and I'm in premier inn with nothing to do so thought why not!
We are not doing Disney, we are doing universal, SeaWorld, Aquatica and have tickets for icon, sealife and waxworks, plan on going to old town and outlets/mall. Staying at baymont celebration, everything booked with virgin holidays, we have done the twilight check in tonight so hopefully tomorrow will be stress free!

Who we are...
Me 38yr old mom, nickname is Ethel, not a fan of scary rides and you couldn't pay me to go on a waterslide! Most looking forward to the food! Not looking forward to walking in the rain, queuing and getting humid hair! Chief purse string holder & bargain hunter.

Hubby, nickname is Cecil (honestly, dont ask!) Was 41 yesterday, bit of a show off and a big kid, he'll be first on all the rides, not scared of anything, could eat for England, will freak out if accidentally eats a tiny piece of sweetcorn, chief moneymaker, frivolous spender.

DS 13 usually found with his nose in front of phone/switch/ps4/TV, looks lost if no wifi, loves everything marvel and Harry Potter, brain box of the family, witty prankster, laugh is infectious, quiet but daring, he will go on everything! He has a list of foods he wants to try!

DD 12 YouTube obsessive, taller than me (not difficult tbf I'm only 5ft) short tempered but smart and thoughtful too, my fashion critic, generous and grateful, wont do the big rides or water flumes but gets braver every year, pretends we're embarrassing but loves us really, football player, she cant sit still for long!

So...food! We all love it and I'll try my best to keep up with log even though I'm not sure how to do it!

Today we stopped at services and had a Gregg's sausage roll and a cookie, no pic cos surely everyone has seen that before!

Dinner was at Miller & Carter.
Cocktail was French martini, it was pineapple martini, pineapple juice and strawberry powder it was delicious.

Dinner was fillet steak medium with red wine sauce, fries, onion loaf, lettuce wedge with garlic mayo & pecorino and an extra side of battered lobster and ki g prawns which was annoying because I actually ordered lobster thermidore mac n cheese but it was the servers first night and it had taken her ages to get the order already, I didn't want to say as I could see she was nervous and struggling and I was starving but it was double the price of what I ordered and not what I wanted and only 1 peice of lobster.
Cecil had 20oz t bone steak with surf n turf too, ds had burger and dd had mac n cheese which I tried and loved, they both had cheesy garlic bread too.
We were going to have dessert but were too full!

I had a £10 voucher emailed to me for dh birthday so meal was £92.20. Gregg's at services was £10.30

Travel day food spend £102.50.

Edited at 09:55 PM.
ashilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Great start.Miller and Carters looks lovely.Looking forward to reading along and safe travels x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Great start, looking forward to reading along

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle88
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Currently sat in premier inn too 😊 looking forward to following among!
Belle88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Thank you for posting I could just eat that steak it sounds yummy. You were very kind towards the server in not saying anything. I hope you have a wonderful holiday by here are some good countdowns here.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Great start with Miller and carter! Did you let her know her mistake? I am the first to be very british and ignore this type of thing, but I am also a tight a&se and wouldn’t want to pay for her mistake. Only one way for her to learn sadly!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
looking forward to following along!
Old 8 Aug 19, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
ashilda
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

We have finally arrived and are in sat in denny's! Its 7pm but my body says its midnight and waay past bedtime!
I took pics of most my plane food and will take pics tonight but probably won't get round to posting for a day or so, islands of adventure tomorrow so fingers crossed the weather picks up! The lightening was entertaining when we arrived it struck a street light right by us as we left the airport!

Oh, I didn't tell the young girl about her mistake with side tbh her English wasnt great and day 1 in a job is awful I didn't have the heart to complain as I knew she would have to tell the manager. I hope she has a better 2nd day, we didn't leave much of a tip though!

Thanks everyone for reading, I'll be back soon 😊
ashilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List