Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Aug 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

Day 8 - Back once again like a Floriday Master - HS/The Knife

We all slept well again and although we were up, we really struggled to leave the house on time. I think a later morning yesterday took its toll today! The villa is working so well for us, we are loving the space.

Our plan was to leave by 8.20, it was a little closer to 8.40. We headed over to Hollywood Studios and after paying $25 for parking – a new experience this holiday – we went into the park. Han and Josiah went on a tram that had just pulled up and Eliana & I walked. Their tram still hadn’t set off by the time we got to bag check! Ooops.

As we were starting with Rock n Roller Eliana and I went through bag check and straight up to RNR, stopping for a MemoryMaker photo on the way. The standby queue was stated as 40 minutes and it was only 9.35. We decided to go in the single rider line which looked pretty quick. We reached the indoor area with the video within about 10 minutes. It took a further 20 minutes to get to the front of the queue. The ride was great and we loved this. Eliana knew what was coming this time, unlike last time when I ‘forgot’ about the inversions. As we left the ride the standby line had reached 90 minutes, so it was a good decision to go for the single rider as we were through in 35 minutes.

We headed over to Toy Story Land to meet the others as Han had got a return time for TSM once she got into the park. Josiah and Han had gone on Star Tours using their fastpass (another different film although with some of the same sequences) and were in the queue to meet Minnie and Mickey which took longer than they thought it would.

While we were waiting outside TSM Eliana spotted a lady who was in a scooter in the sun, rather than the shade. She was very worried about her, why she was in the sun and whether she had a drink with her. As we were waiting for them to arrive for 15 minutes or so, Eliana continued to be concerned and pestered me to check that the lady was OK. I duly went over and asked whether she was OK and if she needed a drink as Eliana was worried and we had some iced water in our bag. She was very touched that Eliana was so concerned and assured me she was OK and was waiting for someone. Her drink had just been finished and she was absolutely fine so not to worry.

Once Han and Josiah arrived we headed into TSM, but just as we went in, the lady called Eliana over and gave her $5, thanking her for her concern. Eliana was made up.

TSM was great fun as always, I won in the vehicle but only beat Josiah by 900 points. Han got 61% accuracy, although she got a lower score (she had been instructed to ‘not try’ by Eliana so set herself a different challenge) she was really pleased.

I went to get a return time for SDD as the queue was around 95 minutes. The return time was 12.26. We went to our next Fastpass at Alien Swirling Saucers, another good ride and great fun although it really is short! I’m not sure I would wait the 50min standby time for this one.

We were feeling a little peckish and, as we weren’t eating until 2pm we needed a little snack to tide us over. We had heard good things about the food stand in Toy Story Land so popped in there. Han was going to use mobile order but, as Eliana’s food needed many alterations, she went to the counter instead.

I got the ‘Totchos’ which are basically Tater Tots with chilli, cheese, spring onion and sour cream. Very tasty! Han and Josiah got one each of the season specialilty ‘pop tarts’ A lemon & Blueberry one and the Chocolate Hazelnut with candied bacon one and Eliana got the kids meal with a Turkey Sandwich which came with a milk, tangerine and a small pot of tots. The food came to $26.16 and not only filled a hole but was very tasty.

We went round to the main area to watch the Star Wars show which I enjoyed as a big SW fan. Han went to the shops (she was trying to find some ‘Cars’ merch for our godson who is Lightning McQueen obsessed – SPOILER – there isn’t any!) while we watched and was perfectly placed to get a good video of everyone involved as they headed towards Launch Bay after the show.

One Man’s Dream was our next stop and we headed over there and had a walk round looking at the story of Walt Disney. Once we had looked at the various displays we went into the theatre to watch the film about his life. It really is incredible to think that everything we now know as ‘Disney’ came from his head and, many times, almost didn’t happen due to financial constraints or other stumbling blocks. I’d like to have met him. Han has a photo from when she took Josiah to a drama exam in a little village near us called Norton Disney which has a display in the village hall from when Walt and Lillian visited to look through their records for family information. It was fun to see where that fitted in the timeline!

After this we headed over to Slinky Dog Dash which was as good as always. Josiah thinks it is one of his favourite rides, which is saying something as he usually doesn’t like roller coasters at all.

We left at this point and headed back to the car as we were meeting some of our friends from home who are here on holiday too and are heading home soon. We met them at The Knife, opposite Disney Springs, the all you can eat Brazilian steakhouse.

It was great to see Steve, Kelly and the kids and find out about their adventures. They had done a bit of a road trip and been busy doing a lot of the non theme park adventures. We really enjoyed the food and had plenty of good steak, sausage and chicken. The salad bar there is also good and I also tried some of the grilled cheese – very tasty. We also got desserts, mainly crepe with dulce de leche and tiramisu.

Han had an Eat and Play Card which gave us a 10% discount. Our portion of the meal came to about $75 and we tipped $15. Good food, although Eliana didn’t enjoy the steak as much as last time! We said our goodbyes and wished them a safe journey home – guys it was great to catch up with you!

Once we got home we chilled out and had a look at our plans for the night and also when we were going to fit the firework displays in that we hadn’t seen yet. We were due to watch the Star Wars firework show tonight but the weather looked horrible for the evening and the weather app we are using, Fox 35, showed thunderstorms and heavy rain from about 8pm through to at least 10pm. We decided that we would watch tomorrow night instead and spend the evening chilling out.

We had another ‘cupboard tea’ and then Josiah and Han decided that the rubbish weather was probably going to mean a quieter shopping experience at the outlets and Josiah was desperate to get his Vans (and we owed him a $20 gift as we had bought Eliana her books a few days ago and thought he might like a Vans t-shirt).

They headed over to the outlets on Vineland and went straight to the Vans shop where Josiah picked up a pair in navy and burgundy for $49.95 and a long-sleeve top for back at home for $20. He is very happy with both and showed us when he got back.

They went next to the Disney Character Outlet but were very disappointed as there really wasn’t much there and again, no Cars stuff.
On their way back they stopped off at Supertarget and Han saw a bargain of her favourite Shea Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner - $9.99 each for a double size bottle. Usually £12.99 for a smaller bottle in the UK.

She also found the High Pulp Orange Juice so I was very happy when she got back.

They went across the road to Dollar Tree to get Josiah some shower gel as our stock from home was running low and picked up some tumble dryer sheets that make your clothes smell lovely and then, on a whim, went next door to Ross Dress for Less and there found the Holy Grail – a Lightning McQueen remote control car!

They came home happy…and tired as it was 10.05pm! I had just sent a text asking if they were OK as they pulled up.

Bed was calling and we needed a good sleep as tomorrow is Animal Kingdom, Mrs Potato and Star Wars Fireworks.

Eliana’s Brilliant Spectacular Amazing report:

Today I went to Hollywood Studios, The Knife and The Pool. We began by leaving 8:40am and arriving at 9:05am, me and Dad went on Rock n’ Roller Coaster and had to go in the single rider queue because the wait was 45minutes, we only took 30minutes to finish it. Then we went to Toy Story Mania to wait for Mum and Josiah and I saw a woman in the heat with no drink and I was very concerned so I got dad to ask her if she was alright and if she had a drink. I told him not to mention me , so he did. Then Josiah and Mum came and just as I was entering the pastpass queue the woman called me over and gave me $5.00 for an Ice Cream, I said thank you then got on my way.

Then we got some food and I got a turkey sandwich. After food we went on more rides and I watched a Star Wars Show, also One Mans Dream. After more rides we came back to the villa and I swam for the rest of day while mum and josiah were out. Then I slept.
Trip 4: 3 weeks Villa with Parks 2023
Man v Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Suzieee
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Josiah! I love the vans and top! Great choice! 😁👍🏼
Suzieee is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Vlally
New Poster (2)

Mobile

Loving your reports, looking for tips for our trip next year 😉 Had no idea about the Lincolnshire link with the Disney family, that's brilliant. X
Vlally is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_H
New Poster (5)

We live in a village just south of Lincoln and know Norton Disney.
I always joke as we head down the a46 ‘shall we go to Disney today?🙊
Loving your trippy, enjoy!
Mrs_H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List