Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Aug 19, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

Day 21 - Back once again like a Floriday Master - IHOP/Shopping/AMC Dine In

Today was supposed to be a much needed slow day, giving us a chance to get our last few days reports uploaded. They have been written, but the uploading process with the photos takes a while!

I woke really early, about 5am, and just couldn’t get back to sleep, so I got up and chilled, taking some time to play a few mindless games on my phone – absolute bliss!

Josiah was next up at about 7.45am with us having to wake Han and Eliana at about 9am. The aim for today was to do a little shopping – literally 1 shop as it opened, get an IHOP breakfast and then head back to chill. Han would maybe go shopping in the afternoon. It did not go to plan.

We were later out the house than we had hoped and made it to the Vineland Outlets by about 10.10am. The car park was pretty quiet and we headed straight in to the Disney store – this was manic – while the rest of the shops were really quiet at that time. They get new deliveries everyday and the queues in the morning are pretty crazy.

After a quick look round we picked up a few bits (still no bag for Han which is the main reason we went) and I waited outside with the kids while Han paid – this took quite a while and the queue went all the way to the back of the shop – apparently there was a new release of a special edition Mickey and Minnie set reduced to $9.99 which was why it was so busy.

While Han paid, the kids and I went for a little walk around and I thought I’d look for some new trainers as my ones at home are pretty wrecked. I have no idea how old they are! After quite a long look round New Balance, Vans, Converse etc we headed back and Han had only just emerged from the shop. I had spotted some I liked but didn’t think they’d go with much at home so decided to leave them.

While Eliana and Han went to have a little look in Crocs, Josiah and I went to the Skechers shop to see what they had in there. I managed to find a couple of pairs of trainers, with the help of Josiah and Han, which I liked the look of and so we bought these. The second pair you buy is half price so that meant two new pairs of trainers for around $85, bargain!

At this point we were all very hungry so went for much later breakfast than anticipated, arriving at the IHOP near Disney Springs at about 11.40am. It was crazy busy! We checked in and even though we were told we would have a 15 minute wait, we were called through after only 5 mins.

Our server, Ms Diane, was lovely, but rushed off her feet. We felt like just one or two more servers and they would have been able to properly look after tables. She was great, but the whole thing felt like she was stretched very thin!

After a little while we ordered drinks, Mocha Cold Brew for me, Vanilla Cold Brew for Josiah, Hot Chocolate for Eliana and lemonade iced tea for Han. Unfortunately, they had run out of Vanilla syrup so Josiah changed over to regular coffee. For breakfast Josiah went for the Pancake sliders, Eliana had kids 5 dollar pancakes while Han and I both went for the Breakfast Sampler with our eggs Over Easy. Han and Josiah swapped her hashbrowns for his fresh fruit – everyone a winner.

It took a while for the food to arrive, when it did, we realised that although it was nice , we had really been spoiled for Breakfast at Keke’s. Just our opinion but it was head and shoulders above IHOP.

We munched our way through and after asking for some extra drinks we got the check and paid out bill of $50.73, giving a $10 tip. Ms Diane had done the best she could and I don’t think it was her fault she hadn’t been as attentive as she would have liked. We could see her working so hard, covering so many tables. Too few cooks can spoil the broth too you know!

As we left we went to the cheap Disney gift shops opposite to get a final couple of little gifts we needed. I would mention what these are, but as they are gifts I don’t want to spoil the surprise if they are for any one reading!

Now, when Han had set off she had wanted to get some kind of Disney momento as well as the Pandora, fine by me as I’d got 3 new tops and 2 pairs of trainers out of our visit. So instead of the villa we popped up the road to the Lake Buena Vista Outlets. We had also decided that she needed some new sandals to see her through the rest of the holidays as, much as hers were really comfy, they didn’t give much support and she was getting some pain after all the thousands of steps we were doing.

After parking up, Han and Josiah went off so that Han could look for something while I entertained Eliana, who was desperate for some villa chill time. We looked at some suitcases as I keep feeling like we’ll need an extra one for when we go home! However, I think I’ll wait until we start packing to see how short of space we are.

Han and Josiah went and had a look in Rack Room Shoes where they found Han a pair of sturdier sandals and here was get second pair half price so Eliana got some canvas style shoes she loves. As Eliana and I went to get the car, Han and Josiah went to Old Navy where Han bought a dress she can wear for school and a lipstick.

We headed home after this and once we had emptied the car of our purchases and had a drink stop Han and Josiah popped out to Target and Publix to get any food we wanted to take home with us as well as go into TJ Maxx to get Josiah a t-shirt. They got some good shopping done and were home after filling the car with fuel, another $25.

Eliana and I had a chill for a while, then had some pool time. This is where they found us once they got home! It was only a short stop though as we needed to head out to our Fork & Screen showing of the Lion King at Disney Springs. So much for a chilled out day!

We headed out and parked at the Lime Garage se we could hit a couple of shops first and in World of Disney, Han found a little bag she liked – and at $30 rather than the $120 the Dooney & Burke one she had seen (and that was reduced dramatically) I persuaded her to get it!

After World of Disney we stopped at Sephora to pick up some make up for a friend (Hi Pam!) and headed to the cinema.

On the way over we passed the Coca Cola store and Han picked up her phone messages, one of which was telling us that Josiah had passed his Grade 3 Drama exam with a distinction! Although this holiday had been booked over 500 days ago, both kids have had an incredible year and we are just so proud of them and so pleased this holiday can be a treat for them and their hard work. Josiah worked hard for the drama exam and also kept on top of his school work so much that he got the Headteacher’s Award at the end of term, and Eliana has had an amazing first year at secondary school, coming out with top ‘Behaviour for Learning’ scores across every subject and getting some of the highest scores for her work in her year. They both also performed solos in their theatre school end of year show at our local theatre and got prizes – Eliana for singing and Josiah for Dance. A bit of an unashamed #prouddad paragraph but they make our hearts glad to see how they are growing up.

Anyway, back to the report and back to The Lion King!

When we booked, we had been told that we couldn’t have seats together so we went for a 2/2 configuration with Han & Eliana in the seats in front of mine and Josiah’s – but no one was next to any of us?

We all checked out the menu and placed our order by pressing the red button to call the waitress. We made sure to do this during the trailers so that we didn’t disturb the film. Meals ordered (Han – Asian steak & Shrimp bowl with sticky rice, Eliana – plain burger, Josiah – dry rub wings and me – BBQ burger) we all reclined our seats, some (not me) put on the heated seat button and waited.

10 minutes into the film, a large party of around 12 came in and noisily took their seats – next to us. The talked, coughed, shuffled, switched phones on and off until Eliana turned round with a huge ‘shhhhhhhh’ which pretty much stopped the noise for the rest of the film – the teacher in me was proud!

The food came and it was delicious. Unfortunately the ketchup we asked for didn’t come on first or second time of asking, it was only on the third ask it came which is pretty awkward when you’re in a film and don’t want to disturb the film. Then we had the same with drinks. Our initial order of drinks didn’t come until we had finished our plates of food, and the refills we asked for, again 3 times, never came.

Here is an attempt at taking a picture of the food without using the flash - it was very dark.

The film was amazing and if you haven’t seen the real action Lion King, please do. The cinematography was ace and generally it was done beautifully. We also loved the cinema itself – the seats were fab, reclining almost fully and it was the most comfortable movie theatre I have watched in. Likewise the food was great but on this occasion, and for the first time this holiday and possibly ever in the USA, we didn’t tip the suggested 16%, 18% or 20% but instead went for 10%.

Han went to find the manager after as she wanted to explain so they can make sure it doesn’t happen again – we know in America they rely heavily on tips so completely adhere to the tipping culture but we couldn’t justify it at all, however didn’t want to leave it with no feedback. She politely explained the reason for the low tip and he thanked her for tipping at all and apologised. He left, just as another family were starting to have a go at him about the same thing – bad night for AMC 

We headed straight for the Lime Garage, discussing our favourite bits of the film, and went home to get ready for our second, and final, day at Busch Gardens – which holds a surprise for the kids!
Trip 4: 3 weeks Villa with Parks 2023
Man v Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List