Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 30 Oct 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile NYC 20 Years Later - Day 5 Jersey Mills Mall & Empire State Building

Tuesday October 29th

I was awake at 5.40am and knowing I would struggle to settle back down spent the time online. Mona woke briefly at around 7am but was able to settle back asleep.

The plan today is shopping at Jersey Mills and so no hurry.

Once Alex was up we booked onto the Ride, an attraction covered by our Go New York pass. We had originally planned the One World attraction but we were happy just visiting the memorial.

All showered and ready we headed for breakfast. I’m feeling so full so fruit and a boiled egg, it’s hard passing up on an included breakfast as I know if I don’t eat I will have the shakes later!

We packed up our drinks and headed for the port authority bus station which is a short walk from the hotel. We stopped en route at a bank. A colleague at work had zipped a $20 bill into her purse whilst in Barbados this summer. The banks in Barbados would not change and said she had to change back in the UK. The UK bank would also not switch this out and so she had asked if I would change it in Florida this summer but I didn’t get a chance so said I’d hang on and change it in New York. The staff at the bank were fab and switched it out in seconds.

Port Authority Bus Station

We bought our tickets from a machine inside the station and then headed up to our gate. It reminded me a little of Victoria station in London. We were at the head of the line and then the back as we were all lining up in the wrong direction! The buses were back to back so it didn’t really matter! As we climbed on Ramona was heading toward the back of the bus! I think in her head she was off on a school trip! She had been being an absolute little so and so to put it politely earlier on but all of a sudden switched telling us that she loved us and that we were the best parents. She thinks we were born yesterday! She doesn’t have much money left!

We ended up on the 10.45 bus to New Jersey.

On our way!

We were off the bus at 11.10 so just under a half an hour drive. I stopped at the restrooms. We could see the other bus passengers lining up at guest services. I think they were in line for a coupon booklet or the line. We headed to The Lego Store first. Prices were not good so we moved on to game stop where I bought a gift for one of the big kids. I could see Bath and Bodyworks and knew the Christmas candles were on offer today, I also had a 20% off coupon still good (it was out of date but I hadn’t realised! It was still honoured) so bought 3 candles and some more hand held that Mona chose and 5 Christmas foaming soaps.

We went into a shoe store to look and then to Hot Topic buying more gifts and then Alex went to get some air. Mona and myself carried on upstairs I popped into Disney Store and then we headed to Aeropostale. Ramona bought some face masks and I bought a couple of gifts. I looked in Gap and then Alex met up with us, he’d popped to Timberland and wanted to show me a jacket so we went back to look and he did buy. We went back around to look properly in the Disney Store and then had a restroom break before heading out and across the road to the IHOP we had spotted on the way in.

IHOP have some Addams Family specials and so that is what I ordered. Wednesday’s pancakes with hash browns and eggs. It was delicious.

Once finished we headed back across the road to the mall this time to shop on the ground floor. We went into Ralph Lauren first, I saw a lovely sweatshirt but left it. We went into Tommy Hilfiger, I was looking for the big kids but couldn’t find sizes. Alex got a shirt and jumper for work, he loves a label! We continued around the last ground floor popping into Abercrombie and Justice. Ramona bought something in Justice and then made our way back to where we began. Our feet were hurting! We restroomed and got in line for the bus. It was 4.15pm when we got on glad of a seat. It was a longer drive back due to traffic. We were back in the room at 5.50pm.

The plan was to visit the Empire State this evening. It was difficult getting ready to go back out after a relax but by 7.15 we were getting sorted to leave.

Visibility wise it wasn’t a great evening to visit the Empire State as there was a lot of mist and a light drizzle. Crowd wise it was perfect and we walked straight through taking pictures at our own speed. Each time we visit the whole exhibition area has changed. They’ve done a fab job with historic pictures and interactive walls and a new King Kong prop.

I loved this window of the 80’s I used to collect Swatch watches!

We enjoyed the misty views and then headed back down.

Can just see the Chrysler building in this misty picture.

I stopped to buy a couple of water bottles in the Walgreens at the base. We walked back to the hotel and decided on pizza for dinner. 1 whole cheese pizza from our closest pizzeria was $8.

We were back in the room to eat for 9pm and then had Cinnabon’s bought at the mall for desert.

Pizza and Cinnabon back in the room went down a treat!

Mona had bought 2 face masks today in Aeropostale and so once ready we put these on which was really relaxing.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List