minnie1981
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Following with interest 😁

HOLIDAY INN 2007
GRANDE VILLAS LBV 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019
WINDSOR HILLS 2018
ROSEN INN POINTE MARCH, OCT 2023
minnie1981 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RockTheDots View Post
Really can't complain as I wasn't expecting to get anything back from Universal but it does seem slightly unfair that everyone is being offered different things!
on the contrary, I think it would have been unfair to offer the same thing for everyone, regardless of their situations.

first of all, the "one size fits all" offer was supposed to be "we extend the AP by the number of days we were closed"

but, if we call on fairness, here are 2 examples at both end of the spectrum :

- Guest #1 has purchased an AP, used it last August for a fair number of visits, and was expecting to use it again this year before expiration, say in July. July not happening, and even though pass will be extended for time of closure, the guest will not be able to return in time and will lose their "second trip use of their AP"

- Guest #2 was there last year, with an AP that have since expired, and have renewed their AP early early this year (my case) and would never get a chance to use their AP one single time before it expires.

how fair would it be to offer the same "compensation" to both guests

let's say a 5 days complimentary ticket.
guest #1 will get their initial visits + 5 days
guest #2 will only get 5 days

both guests were there for both stays, except that, for the same number of visits, guest #2 has paid 2 APs while guest #1 guests the same number of visits for "half the price" (= on the same AP)

same goes if both guests are offered a 30 days extension from their next visit start.

the main difference here, is that, in one case, guest #1's AP has been used during its validity period, and guest #2"s AP has not.

think of it as ordering an item.
due to delays in delivery, guest #1 receives a compensation gift on top of their item because their package was late
guest #2 never received the package, and only received the gift, but not what they had ordered and paid for.

right, that would not be fair at all.

now, those are just 2 examples. There are many more situations, and specific stuff

and that's the reason why I'm glad UO took into consideration wether an AP had been partially used or not, before making their offer

in my case, I initially was offered 30 days, no time limit to redeem, for whenever I could come back
then UO contacted me again to say it would be better if they offered me a 11 months AP, no time limit to redeem, because I had used (or so they said) my AP for one month, so they offered me the time I did not get
turns out I hadn't use that AP and the TM had made a confusion with another case they were reviewing, so noting my AP was not used at all since renewal, they offered me 12 months

now that's what I call "fair"
because when offereing everyone the same thing, regardless of what they have already used, means not everyone gets the same in the end.

if you get 30 days extra, you don't get the same from your AP, if you've already have used 30 days, compared to someone who have not used a single day

hope it makes sense
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
muzland
Getting Excited

muzland's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Emailed universal and got a reply offering me 5 day two park tickets for next year. Absolutely delighted and a big shout out to Universal.

Also spoke with Disney and confirmed I would like a partial refund rather than extension on our AP's. Another smooth process and also very happy with this too, not far off covering new tickets for next summer.
Jul05 2wk Jul07 3wk Aug09 Oak Isl. 3wk Jul12 Emerald Isl. 3wk Dec13 Indian Cr. 2wk Jul14 Lindfields 3wk Dec15 Tranquility Villa, Lindfields 3wk Jul16 Miami & Tuscan Rdg 3wk Aug17 & Dec17 Villa Sunrise 3wk & 2wk May18 Tranquility 2wk Aug19 Treefield Villa, 3wks Dec19 Davenport Lakes 2wk Aug22 BA Villa AOA 3wk
muzland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by muzland View Post
Emailed universal and got a reply offering me 5 day two park tickets for next year. Absolutely delighted and a big shout out to Universal.

Also spoke with Disney and confirmed I would like a partial refund rather than extension on our AP's. Another smooth process and also very happy with this too, not far off covering new tickets for next summer.
Did Disney say how much they were refunding you
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
jrm
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by muzland View Post

May I ask when you emailed Universal? I emailed them about our passes last Monday and haven't had a reply yet. I'm sure they are really busy trying to sort so much out but I was just wondering how long it is taking for them to reply?
jrm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Ultraviolet
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jrm View Post
May I ask when you emailed Universal? I emailed them about our passes last Monday and haven't had a reply yet. I'm sure they are really busy trying to sort so much out but I was just wondering how long it is taking for them to reply?
I emailed Universal last Wednesday about my AP's and haven't received a reply yet either, apart from the auto reply saying they would respond within 5 days.

I suspect they have a mountain of emails to get through at the moment though!

Aug 23 RPR
Oct 22 ES Dockside RPR / Apr 2022 PBH POFQ
Aug 21 Disney Magic / Aug 19 Pop BCV HRH Bakers Cay
Aug 18 Pop RPR Playa Largo / Aug 17 Pop Solterra RPR Playa Largo Atlanta
Aug 16 AoA RPR Windsor Hills Hyatt@Coconut Point Hilton@Key Largo Atlanta
Aug 15 Mondrian@Miami Hilton@Key Largo Legacy Park & Atlanta
Aug 14 Watersong PBH & Andaz@NYC / Apr 13 Hyatt@Clearwater & Floridays
Dec 11 Floridays & RPR / Dec 10 LBV Palace & RPR / Jun 08 Hilton@WDW & RPR
Ultraviolet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Okwgirl
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

After our first email we didn’t hear anything for a couple of weeks so we (politely) asked them again. They then came back within 24 hours asking for a bit more info before offering an extension which we thanked them for and accepted. We since received a further email confirming the offer and apologising profusely for our wait in initial response. It really wasn’t needed as they must be snowed under but terrific customer service, can’t fault them.
Okwgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thank you to OP! We’ve just heard from Universal to say that we can have the equivalent annual passes for 3 months when we choose to return. I’m really pleased with this as one of the reasons we got the preferred AP was for the free parking and the discounts.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List