Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11 Jul 19, 03:09 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Scottishnellies 5th Element 2019. Day 19, Blizzard Beach, Lilly‘s On The Lake (minneola)

Up at 7:30 this morning and sat by the pool. Very quiet this morning. I did spot the alligator sunning himself but too far down the lake to get a good pic.

Beautiful sunny day predicted today so the plan is a water park.

Packed the coolbag for lunch and out of interest kevin weighed it. 9kg! So that's what he is humphing about each day until we start eating and drinking the contents. Just as well he's a big strong boy eh?

We set off at 9:20 for blizzard beach and arrived at 9:40. We reached the rope at 9:50 and waited to get through. While waiting we were wondering about why there are no security bag checks at the water parks? You could take anything in there at all. I wonder why they think there's no risk here when they are SO strict at the 4 theme parks?

set ourselves up at a row of beds with a mixture of some sun and some shade. The boys went off to do some rides while us girls settled down.

It was lovely and chilled lying here with the soft reggae and steel drum music. Read my kindle, had a wee snooze... ahhhhh. So nice after yesterday's busy day.

The boys went off to do some rides and came back saying they had done loads with no queues but that school groups were now poring in and it looked like it was getting busier

I'm not sure how anyone can do this slide but Kieran did!

We had a coolbag lunch at about 12. Then Kieran went off to do more slides while the rest of us chilled. I read my kindle, I had a snooze, I read my kindle, I had a snooze...

Kieran then bought himself a massive sugary donut

But he remembered to ask for free iced water!

At 2:45 kieran Kevin and I went out to the summer/winter mini golf course. Hannah thought it would be too hot and Caitlin hates mini golf.

It was a 29 minute wait for both courses so we played winter

This is another mini golf that you get free on your ultimate tickets but if you don't have that the prices are above

We got stuck behind this American woman and her 2 teenage daughters who were as slow as a week in jail.

The Mum took a shot, they recorded a 1 on their card, daughter 1 took a shot, they recorded a 1 on their card, daughter 2 took a shot, they recorded a 1 on their card. Mum took her second shot and they recorded a 1 on their card. I kid you not.

By hole 3 I said to kevin we would need to skip that hole and move in front of them. That level of inefficiency for the next 15 holes would make me burst into flames.

In the end the family who had been behind us had to skip them too. By the time we were on hole 11, they were still on hole 5!

In the end Kevin won but Kieran and I think he might've cheated when he marked up the score sheet.he is not to be trusted!

Now the rest of this report is about to get a lot less wordy as I have just managed to delete the ENTIRE days notes by dropping a blob of Haagen Dazs on my phone. Oh the shame..,.

But we came home and showered to get ready to go out. Hannah curled my hair

We were heading to Lilly's on the lake as I had a restaurant.com for it.

We said hello to jasmine on the way out. She is the 2 year old dog that lives next door. She is very good - you never hear her

Arrived at lake Minneola and had a look around and a walk along the pier.

Its open Mike night in a Wednesday so when we arrived they were playing new country music (which I love) until a guitarist and singer started up

I had a pina colada and we ordered our food

The food was really nice. Then we paid the check. Now look carefully. You will notice they already added 18% gratuity before the total.

Then they have the standard bit at the bottom with the suggested tip on top of that. If you weren't checking properly, and got used to the Florida checks you might just add it again. That's why you need to check your checks folks.

We headed outside and sat on their beach while the sun set. It was lovely! No more chat though. I'm too tired to retype this whole night ! But I will leave you with the photos...

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List