Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 May 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

What a lovely idea. I’m sure they will appreciate the gesture.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

It’s a perfect idea!

We had our non wedding day last week. It was the best day we could have made it given the circumstances. We had chocolates, flowers and cakes off my bridesmaids and our friends.

The messages we got from other people really helped that day and I’m sure the couple will absolutely love your gift - honestly it makes everything seem a tiny bit better when you get unexpected things and realise you’re not alone.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
joxxxxx
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

So sorry to hear your wedding has been affected - I hope your new wedding day is even better.

Unfortunately one of the unwed couple has just let everyone know she is running a fever and has a COVID test at 11 today so if anyone has some pixie dust to spare for her i'm sure it would be appreciated.
joxxxxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
joxxxxx

Well luckily the test came back -ve so we surprised them this afternoon with 3 types of cake, flowers, Prosecco, chocolates Loads of cards and over £100 to treat themselves with. We had live music (cello and guitar) and about 20 of the neighbours turned out.

They were over the moon and very touched - so that was good.
joxxxxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
joxxxxx

And before anyone says anything it was a very long thin party as we socially distanced down both sides of the street 😉
Old 17 May 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Sounds fantastic! That’s so lovely of you all!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

It sounds an almost perfect day for them in these unusual times.
What a wonderful thing all of you have done, it must of been so touching for them.
If anything positive that has come out of the devastation this virus has caused us, is that human kindness to one another is still there. I sincerely hope we have all learnt life can be better caring for one another
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

How lovely
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
joxxxxx

EXTRA GOOD NEWS - at the unwedding the heavily pregnant lady from up the hill was saying how she had been trying everything to get the baby moving as she didn't want to be induced. After the party finished her waters broke and she has a beautiful baby boy (unnamed as yet).

So we are planning a socially distanced "wet the baby's head" drink in the street on Friday
Old 19 May 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Double celebrations sounds like you live in a lovely street with lovely community spirit 😊
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List