Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 21 May 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona3103
Imagineer

fiona3103's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have a seasonal pass, due to expire early august, only been used for 3 days in December. We have been offered 30 days from whenever we get there next year, remaining as an annual pass with the option to renew it at the reduced offer. Very happy with that, just need to go to guest services when we arrive, give our reference number & they’ll amend the expiry. I’m desperately hoping Disney will do something similar for us overseas guests.
fiona3103 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 04:37 AM  
Link to this Post
steph1
Imagineer

steph1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by excitedbunny79 View Post
It definitely seems to depend on who you get then, we did exactly the same as you and planned on going back this year and I had a reply saying they would give me a 7 day pass when I return. I’ve emailed back and asked for a 14 day pass as we always dip in and out of the parks. To be honest, it would have been a great result if they’d offered to refund our passes!
It really is a minefield, there should be some kind of procedure they follow so everyone is treated the same. I know these are unprecidented circumstances but a few weeks into this they would have known these requests for refunds would be coming. I can’t complain at all as they are giving me back just what I can’t use, and next time we go (whenever this all calms down) we’ll buy 14 day tickets again and upgrade them.

I hope they reply and offer you the 14 day pass.
steph1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Hope Disney do this for foreign passholders.
I asked Disney to do exactly the same as what universal have offered the OP.
This was response

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort and for being one of our valued Annual Passholders!

At this time it is hard to say what we will be able to do regarding extensions and special circumstances for our Guests.

I would recommend keeping an eye on our operational updates page as we are posting new information there as it becomes available to us.

Click here to view our Operational Updates Page

Once we have determined a re-opening date for our Theme Parks and Walt Disney World® resorts, I would recommend giving a call to our Passholder Help Desk Cast Members for assistance with this special request.

Our Passholder Help Desk Cast Members can be reached at (407)939-7277. Cast Members are available from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time, seven days a week.

Please stay safe and we look forward to seeing you real soon!
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
excitedbunny79
Imagineer

Originally Posted by steph1 View Post
It really is a minefield, there should be some kind of procedure they follow so everyone is treated the same. I know these are unprecidented circumstances but a few weeks into this they would have known these requests for refunds would be coming. I can’t complain at all as they are giving me back just what I can’t use, and next time we go (whenever this all calms down) we’ll buy 14 day tickets again and upgrade them.

Great Customer service by Universal, they honoured my request and gave me a reference number so I have a 14 day ticket when we next go back, whenever that may be!

excitedbunny79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by steph1 View Post

I agree. Really can't complain as I wasn't expecting to get anything back from Universal but it does seem slightly unfair that everyone is being offered different things! We are very happy with the 5-day 3-park passes they have offered us as we will probably stay onsite for the 1st few days of our next holiday (whenever that may be!) but usually we would spread our ~3 Universal days out over a 14 day holiday.
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I asked Disney to do exactly the same as what universal have offered the OP.
This was response

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort and for being one of our valued Annual Passholders!

At this time it is hard to say what we will be able to do regarding extensions and special circumstances for our Guests.

I would recommend keeping an eye on our operational updates page as we are posting new information there as it becomes available to us.

Click here to view our Operational Updates Page

Once we have determined a re-opening date for our Theme Parks and Walt Disney World® resorts, I would recommend giving a call to our Passholder Help Desk Cast Members for assistance with this special request.

Our Passholder Help Desk Cast Members can be reached at (407)939-7277. Cast Members are available from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time, seven days a week.

Please stay safe and we look forward to seeing you real soon!
Thanks for posting, at least I know there's no point contacting Disney about our WDW passes at the moment then

Fingers crossed they might make some exceptions for non-US passholders.
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
steph1
Imagineer

steph1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by excitedbunny79 View Post
Great Customer service by Universal, they honoured my request and gave me a reference number so I have a 14 day ticket when we next go back, whenever that may be!
Oh thats fantastic, great news!
steph1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by RockTheDots View Post
Thanks for posting, at least I know there's no point contacting Disney about our WDW passes at the moment then

Fingers crossed they might make some exceptions for non-US passholders.
Was really hoping they would do something as we are in the U.K. like universal have. We only used 9 days last year and were supposed to be there right now. Such a colossal waste of money. Everything is better with hindsight though
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
We have also only used 10 days of our WDW AP and were due to be going this Summer. I have spoken to them and emailed them several times and they are only offering the extension/refund. We are due to go at Christmas and the pass would currently be extended that far out BUT our dates will be black out dates for our pass so they gave me an option to pay for an upgrade! I hope they will change their stance on this eventually and will offer something similar to Universal for international guests.
Buggles94 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Okwgirl
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Many thanks to everyone on this thread. We renewed our Universal AP’s in August last year for two trips this year (both already cancelled) We expected the sunk cost to be lost even though we wouldn’t have used the renewed passes at all. We dropped an email to Universal using the email suggested here and they replied last night offering that whenever we were ready to return our AP’s would be effective again from that date for a further 12 months. This offer had no expiry date. This was an unexpected and generous offer from them and we were very grateful to accept.
Okwgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List