Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 May 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

If either of you manage to get there this year, will you let me know how you get on with the villa now it is in new hands. I am thinking of booking for next year, and would be interested to know. Thanks.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
leee
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by JanetteP View Post
If either of you manage to get there this year, will you let me know how you get on with the villa now it is in new hands. I am thinking of booking for next year, and would be interested to know. Thanks.
IF we do get to go and use the villa then I will update that experience in the future.

However, I can update you on my present situation. We have always been happy with the previous (DIBB) owners, however, I do feel a bit let down that they didn't make contact to pre booked guests to let them know that the property was for sale. If it had gone to a residential buyer then (pre COVID) we would have had 7 months to find another suitable villa (doable I know, but the ball ache of it). I feel in limbo at the moment with the T&C's, as the new owner is an Orlando local.

So, the flip side is that the new owner has been very forth coming with communications, and has even allowed us to push back the balance due date, which has been a great relief. I think he knows that's it better to have a booking in place rather than just cancel it and keep the deposit, as basically he can keep that anyway.

Hope that helps for now.

Edited at 07:26 PM.
leee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by leee View Post
IF we do get to go and use the villa then I will update that experience in the future.

However, I can update you on my present situation. We have always been happy with the previous (DIBB) owners, however, I do feel a bit let down that they didn't make to contact pre booked guests to let them know that the property was for sale. If it had gone to a residential buyer then (pre COVID) we would have had 7 months to find another suitable villa (doable I know, but the ball ache of it). I feel in limbo at the moment with the T&C's, as the new owner is an Orlando local.

So, the flip side is that the new owner has been very forth coming with communications, and has even allowed us to push back the balance due date, which has been a great relief. I think he knows that's it better to have a booking in place rather than just cancel it and keep the deposit, as basically he can keep that anyway.

Hope that helps for now.
Yes, that's great, thank you. I have emailed the new owner as we do love the villa, especially the location. He has been quick in responding, so far so good. Just wondered what the new pricing is going to be, and if he is making/made any upgrades etc. I do hope you get to go.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Just a quick update. I've had a quote for next year, at twice the price I paid for last year. £1395 per week - a huge increase. Leee -your dates are £1525 per week.

Janette
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
Old 9 Jun 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
leee
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Just a quick update. I've had a quote for next year, at twice the price I paid for last year. £1395 per week - a huge increase. Leee -your dates are £1525 per week.
WOW, 60% is a large increase for the peak price, their rates are still showing on their website as £925 here . It doesn't help that the new owner is from the US so the exchange rate will have a massive impact.

The new owner though seems very nice and understandable and has allowed us to defer our balance payment to closer to the rental date. However if phase 3 of Florida's reopening plan is not achieved he wouldn't be able to rent to us anyway.

I always thought that the villa has always been excellent value for money, but at those prices they maybe pushing the limit for this villa. There are villas on Sunset Lakes that are in that price bracket, so it could be achievable.
leee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just a thought
Are you sure those prices are in British pounds?
US owners are more likely to advertise in $
Which would sound a more reasonable price?
Just a thought...
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Susan Coleman View Post
Just a thought
Are you sure those prices are in British pounds?
US owners are more likely to advertise in $
Which would sound a more reasonable price?
Just a thought...
Hi Susan, the new owner gave me both $ and £. It is a huge jump in price and different to the website, which I have pointed out to him.

Janette
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018