Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 May 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
cartwheel
Proud to wear my Ears

I have received my S75 chargeback from AMEX!

I raised a dispute on Friday with American Express as I had not received my refund from VAA from a flight in middle of March. Attached emails and texts from Virgin, stating i would receive a refund in 14 days. I have today been credited the full amount from AMEX. I have to say I'm extremely impressed with AMEX overall, I pay an annual fee for the credit card but I can use the miles across loads of airlines and they sit in my amex account until I decide where I want them to go.
cartwheel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cartwheel View Post
I raised a dispute on Friday with American Express as I had not received my refund from VAA from a flight in middle of March. Attached emails and texts from Virgin, stating i would receive a refund in 14 days. I have today been credited the full amount from AMEX. I have to say I'm extremely impressed with AMEX overall, I pay an annual fee for the credit card but I can use the miles across loads of airlines and they sit in my amex account until I decide where I want them to go.
Yes when someone at Amex looks at it they sort quick. I’ve had 5k back now.
Old 18 May 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Great news!
Was this a credit card or charge card?
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

I love my amex we have the nectar amex.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Amex are coming out quite well in this.
The ideal holiday for 2021 onwards is booking with Jet 2 on Amex!
Old 18 May 20, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Me too. I raised mine on Wednesday and the money was credited on Saturday morning. Thank you Amex.
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

I have the BA Amex

BA & Amex are 2 of my favourite companies and both have been amazing with refunds, chargebacks etc.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
BeastnBeauty
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Hey fantastic to hear, do you mind sharing the process as we bank with Amex so would be good to know how to initiate a s75 charge back?

We are really considering cancelling down our September trip (we know we’d lose the deposit) but we’ve paid £8k already. I know we would need to login to my booking to raise a cancellation request as we can’t contact them and they will likely say 90 days refund due to exceptional circumstances, but I’m not sure I’m comfortable sat in limbo for 90 days between not having a holiday nor the cash as an unsecured creditor.

Thanks in advance!
BeastnBeauty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweeney_Todd
Imagineer

After YorkshireT's excellent advice on others threads I am also going to raise a claim through Amex. I'm just waiting for a response from VA after my last text message a couple of days ago when I threatened to raise a chargeback if they didn't refund. Our flight was also in March.
Unfortunately, my messages from that time have gone as my phone went kaputt; so, I can't recall if they quoted me fourteen days.

"Right love, shut up and listen - an ADR for two at Crystal Palace, name of Regan. Got it?"

40?...Face?...Bovvered? ...-...Our Feb 2008 Trippies
Sweeney_Todd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
cartwheel
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Great news!
Was this a credit card or charge card?
It’s an Gold credit card
cartwheel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List