Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Aug 18, 03:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Dollymixture
Excited about Disney

5 WEEKS IN FLORIDA! Autism, gymnastics and a little bit of everything! Day 27 - Hollywood Studios

Hiya

Today the plan was Hollywood Studios. There isn't much at this park that we wanted to do again, so knew it would be a quick visit in the morning and then back in the evening to see the Star Wars fireworks.

We didn't bother bringing in loads of drinks and snacks in cooler bags today, and it was really nice not to have lots of bags to carry. Lila wasn't impressed that she actually had to walk though - she's getting far too lazy with the buggy! She shouldn't be using it at all really, but it's been useful to hang all the bags on!

Our first FP was at 8.20am! I would have bet money that we weren't going to make it on time as we have had so much trouble getting up in the mornings the last few days. However, despite a few presses off the snooze button, we had an easy journey and parked quickly and JUST made our FP for Tower of Terror! On the way past i always got a return time for Rock and Rollercoaster as it's right next door and we could ride it after our FP then.

Tower of Terror wasn't as good as we remembered, but knowing that each ride is different in terms of drops, we wondered if we had just had a 'bad' one! We still really enjoyed the theming and atmosphere - the cast members were fantastic!

Rock n Rollercoast was FAB! Lila was so excited to get to ride it, although it was a bit touch and go, they measured her three times! She just about measured up, but everyone in the queue was giggling at how tall she tried to make herself when she was taken for a height check! This is definitely one of my favourite rides - i love the first bit when it zooms off! Lila loved it to and was shouting 'can we go on again?' before we had even stopped!

Our next FP was for Toy Story Mania. I hadn't managed to get one for Slinky Dog, so hoped i could get a return time for that and ride Mania in the meantime. The queue for Slinky was horrendous... i couldn't help but feel for the people having to wait in the heat all that time. There is very little shade in the new toy story land, and no shops or places you can pop into for air con, which i think considering it's a newly designed area, is a bit poor! Anyway, we did get a return time - a good 90minutes later. So we rode Mania, which was great fun as always, even though Koolie beat us all - boo!

We had a while to go til our Slinky dog return time, so wandered back out of Toy Story Land, where it was just too hot to wait. We decided to get some Mickey Ice creams - not normally something we would indulge in as it's expensive for 6 of us at $5 each, but had to be done at least once! They were nice enough, but were melting all over the place before we could finish them.

Eventually it was time to go on Slinky Dog, so we returned and joined the FP queue. We had a bout a 20 minute wait and we were on. It's a good ride, i thought it was more intense than it looked, but as always, over very quickly! Lila wanted to ride again, but that was a firm no as the wait time had gone up even more.

We decided we had done everything we wanted - we weren't bothered about the shows this time round, so left the park at midday and went back to the villa.

The girls went in the pool and the rest of us watched a bit of TV.

In the evening we went for dinner at Golden Corral - we chose to go to the one near Vineland rather than on the 192, as we thought it would be quieter. It was a good choice as it was very quiet and no queuing like the other one.
Elliott was excited to find spaghetti on offer - he has been going on and on about spaghetti since we arrived in the US for some reason!

We went back to Hollywood Studios, were i had managed to get another FP for Rock n Roller, and a return time for Tower of Terror. So we went straight there and did one after the other. Tower of Terror was much better this time, not just because it was dark, but the actual drop sequence was much better!

After this we found somewhere to sit for the Star Wars fireworks. None of us had enjoyed Fantasmic in 2016, so we weren't bothered by that one.
The Star Wars show was ok - but they have cut a lot of the fireworks and added more projection, so it doesn't seem as impressive anymore. I'm still glad to have seen it though

We left straight after the show and on the way back to the villa we stopped at Target to get Koolie and the boys some food for lunch tomorrow. They are doing the Firearms Adventure and need to bring a packed lunch.

Edited at 03:32 AM.
Dollymixture is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day

Joan
Old 16 Aug 18, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

What a bunch of thrill seekers you have, I'm really glad Lila was able to ride RnRC.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Just catching up - great day - Hollywood Studios is my favourite park.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Another great day; you do seem to be packing a lot in.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

A great studios day!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Another fab day x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List