Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Aug 18, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

If your teeth chatter and you stay in for a few minutes, you will adjust. It's getting in and hopping out in a minute that isn't helpful.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
If your teeth chatter and you stay in for a few minutes, you will adjust. It's getting in and hopping out in a minute that isn't helpful.
We were in for 45 minutes, by the end of it, couldn’t feel my toes. I think my point here is, did anyone else find the pools cold or was it just due to time of year, and do they still heat then at all, I’m not asking for Disney to run me a bath each time I want to go for a swim lol
Old 13 Aug 18, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
The sea was 30c at Clearwater last week - could be a better option!
Oh that’s lovely, may definitely add it to the schedule lol

Edited at 05:02 PM.
aladdin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

If they are heated to 82 degrees and you still find that cold, it's you. 82 is pretty warm and I cannot imagine it being warmer.

So to answer your questions, yes they are heated to 82. Obviously there are others who find that too cold but I would guess the majority are fine with it. Disney is very much into pleasing guests so I suspect they have found a temperature that works for most guests.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post

God yes 27 degrees should be perfect?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
If they are heated to 82 degrees and you still find that cold, it's you. 82 is pretty warm and I cannot imagine it being warmer.

So to answer your questions, yes they are heated to 82. Obviously there are others who find that too cold but I would guess the majority are fine with it. Disney is very much into pleasing guests so I suspect they have found a temperature that works for most guests.

Coming from the UK, 28c is a very warm temperature. Therefore, the prompt for my question. Because it didn’t feel that warm.

Edited at 01:10 AM.
aladdin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dubgirl45 View Post
God yes 27 degrees should be perfect?
We’ll see that’s what I thought! But certainly didn’t feel that warm, the water was very cold 😂 just wondered if it was only me
Old 14 Aug 18, 01:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

I have found the pools chilly also but then I get cold very quickly. It takes a lot for me to get into/stay in the water.
Old 19 Aug 18, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

They do heat them and this hasn't changed. In the height of summer the sun adds to the heat quite a bit and of course the air temperature is also warmer which means it does not feel as cold when you are swimming on top of the water or on the side of the pool. 28c is about the average for a public swimming pool in the UK, which is what Disney heat all of their pools too.

28c is ideal swimming temperature. But unfortunately if its cold out, and your just bathing and you 'feel the cold' then it's probably going to feel a little chilly.

Edited at 07:12 PM.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aladdin View Post
Coming from the UK, 28c is a very warm temperature. Therefore, the prompt for my question. Because it didn’t feel that warm.
28 doesn't feel as warm in water as it does in the air.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List