Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 12 Aug 18, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Northtim
Excited about Disney

Mobile Old ticket cards work with new bookings?

Any one know if old ticket cards work with new bookings the same way magic bands do?

I have booked MNSSHP and it shows on MDE app. We all should have magic bands from a trip last year and I know we can just tap in with those.

Trouble is one magic band is missing. We do have cards that were sent when we had our 14 day tickets last year. On MDE each person seems to have a card and a magic band allocated to them, so if we can’t find the magic band I wondered if the same persons card would work to tap in?
Northtim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Yes they do. They will show on the app and will work unless you have deactivated them.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Have you bought passes for this year? As I understand it the "card" shouldn't work because it's an expired pass, if you have bought new passes then you would need a new "hard" ticket to scan. I'm actually surprised that your old pass is still showing because none of mine are, I have never deactivated any of them, they have just gone as the pass has expired.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Have you bought passes for this year? As I understand it the "card" shouldn't work because it's an expired pass, if you have bought new passes then you would need a new "hard" ticket to scan. I'm actually surprised that your old pass is still showing because none of mine are, I have never deactivated any of them, they have just gone as the pass has expired.
SD
This is correct. The card itself is no longer valid, if it is for an expired ticket. You can definitely still use the old bands, but if you have lost one then you will need to go to Guest Services and get a new 'card' for that person, or buy and link a new Magic Band.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
The cards do still work. The tickets that were originally on it would have expired but it is still on your account as active and will work unless you expressly turn it off in your account.

A card is exactly the same as a magic band. It is just another identifier to your account. The tickets are not on the card they are in your MDE account. Anything that can identify that MDE account will work. If it is active on MDE it will work.

Edited at 09:29 AM.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
As Simon says above, the plastic card acts just like a MagicBand. In the same way that there's nothing stored on the MagicBand, there's nothing stored on the plastic card. It just links to your MDE account which lists whether or not you have a valid ticket linked to your account. And, just like a MagicBand, you can use the plastic card again and again.

See the following FAQ on Disney's website:

disneyworld.disney.go/en...ure-visit-use/

"Can I reuse my MagicBand or card the next time I visit Walt Disney World Resort?

Yes. If you have a MagicBand or card that you like, and it is in working condition, you can continue to use it when you return to Walt Disney World Resort.

If you have multiple MagicBands or cards, you can manage which ones are active in the MagicBand section of My Profile.
"

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 05:06 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List