Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 15 Aug 18, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We had a mixed bag. Just back on Sunday. We stayed 4 nights Naples, 7 nights BC (not on dining plan) and 5 nights HRH.

Positives: Naples - all good. Ate at Brookes Burgers, just a diner but cheap and so tasty, Citros fish restaurant on 5th Avenue best fish restaurant we have eaten in ever, Italian Campiello lovely dinner here too. Can't wait to go back to Naples. All good.

Disney: Brunch at Contemporary, this was so good. The view, staff & food 5*. Yacht Club, again superb. Lovely food and staff. On the verandah in Nomad Lounge Animal Kingdom. Small cheese and meat plates with a bottle of red wine

HRH: So best meals there probably The Palm in HRH and Cowfish. Not amazing but best out of what we had. Would I eat there at home, no. I've had better meals locally but hey it's Orlando.

The worst: In order of worst to least worst:

Okay not Orlando but our meal in JFK in the airport, massive tables with ipads in the middle for ordering food, and the worst food ever!

Chef Art Smiths Homecomin. Bland, tastleless, rushed. Never again.

The Kitchen in HRH. It was our last meal and we still had to pack so wanted somewhere close. What a bad choice. Smoked salmon soup (had to be out of a tin, definitely not fresh), chicken caesar salad drowned in horrible sauce and chicken not pleasant, DH had Quesadillas then shrimp tacos which were awful.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 02:25 AM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks again for the positive feedback. If I ever own a restaurant il give you all a complimentary drink. But only if you don't order of the menu
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m so confused by this thread and the OPs insistence that you should be able to get a complimentary drink. Where in the U.K. can you go in and order a drink and not pay for it? Whether the drink is on the menu or not I’ve never known this to be a thing so I can’t see where the expectation of complimentary drinks came from. The owner of our local pub is a friend of my family and a neighbor, I don’t really drink so I often join friends and just ask for a glass of orange but I’m always charged and never thought that it should be free even though the owner knows me since I was in nappies. If your expectation of good service is getting free beverages and being allowing to swap drinks at no cost you’re going to disappointed almost everywhere.

And as for the complaint about everything being itemised to get a bigger tip... that’s so daft I’m not going to touch it.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
I do agree that some of this is about managing expectations. Disney magic isn’t all about giving away things free. $6 for a soft drink seems a lot but I assume the price was on the menu?
Character buffets are expensive because they are on Disney property and much of what you’re paying for is experience. Unfortunately they don’t offer “sides” as they wouldn’t then be able to police whether or not those guests also ate from the buffet. I can imagine it’s frustrating when paying OOP and someone only has a small plate.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 04:19 AM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Mobile

Hopefully put this to bed. Surprised at the criticism on here for putting a personal point if view across about my experience which I think the dibb was about.
Yes my expectations are probably more in line of how Disney was compared to how it is now. When all that seems to matter is the bottom line and not making the guest happy.
The server's are mercenary in their attitude IMO. I think if you went into any restaurant and spent $250 on 2 adults and 2 children and questioned a soft drink you can guarantee a deduction would be made. It's good customer service. I paid the bill in full and left a tip. Yes fair enough all goods should be paid for including 2 adult meal credits for both our children's fries and nuggets. That's the rules
We have had good service in restaurants. Our picky eater was even allowed to take pizza into yak and yeti whilst we ate of their menu. Again I didn't post this to be critised by Disney blinkered fans more putting my opinion of how I felt we were treated .
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Hopefully put this to bed. Surprised at the criticism on here for putting a personal point if view across about my experience which I think the dibb was about.
Yes my expectations are probably more in line of how Disney was compared to how it is now. When all that seems to matter is the bottom line and not making the guest happy.
The server's are mercenary in their attitude IMO. I think if you went into any restaurant and spent $250 on 2 adults and 2 children and questioned a soft drink you can guarantee a deduction would be made. It's good customer service. I paid the bill in full and left a tip. Yes fair enough all goods should be paid for including 2 adult meal credits for both our children's fries and nuggets. That's the rules
We have had good service in restaurants. Our picky eater was even allowed to take pizza into yak and yeti whilst we ate of their menu. Again I didn't post this to be critised by Disney blinkered fans more putting my opinion of how I felt we were treated .
It’s not about being “Disney blinkered”. I still don’t understand why you expected the soft drink to be comped unless there’s more to the story than you’ve said. Your comment suggests you paid so much money you expected part of the meal free.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
In short, I am entitled to my opinion and nobody is allowed to disagree with it or they are "Disney blinkered".

If your children eat just nuggets and fries (although originally it was just fries) at a buffet, you will pay the buffet price. If two children over 9 don't eat anything more than nuggets, fries and pizza then maybe you should avoid the buffets and stick to McDonalds and Pizza Hut

In all seriousness, you have a choice. We find Disney food over-priced generally and the dining plan is not a good fit for our family. So we don't do the dining plan. We rent a car and eat offsite. We very rarely have complaints about the food or service and we talk with our feet - if we get poor service or bad food, we don't go back. We have eaten at Disney restaurants and had good service, we have (occasionally) got poor service and we have had (mostly) excellent service. We know we will pay more for similar food to that we would eat offsite, but it is a choice. You chose to go to a buffet, knowing your children are picky. You chose to go to Morimoto and allow a child to choose a $5 lemonade (yes, with tax it would have been a little over $5 but it certainly isn't the $6 that you originally claimed). You should have expected to be charged for that, so should NOT have been surprised or upset when you were.

The point is, yes the Dibb is about being able to post your opinion and have discussions, but it doesn't mean people are always going to agree with you. And it certainly doesn't mean that those who do agree with you are incapable of seeing anything but good in Disney, it just means that they don't agree with you.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Slinky Dog
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by redspottyowl View Post
I thought Crystal Palace was a one credit restaurant?
I thought this too?
Slinky Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Slinky Dog View Post
I thought this too?
It absolutely is one credit per person. The price covers not only your plate of chips but also access to some great characters from Winnie the Pooh.

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Originally Posted by Slinky Dog View Post
I thought this too?
It is one credit. I presume what the OP meant was they were charged two credits for both children, who only ate fries (and now nuggets too apparently)

Edited at 05:00 PM.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List