Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Aug 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

pool heat, CSR

this year in may, when we went to POFQ, the pool was freeeeeezing, like teeth chattering. do disney not heat the pools anymore? we'll be going late september/early oct this time and dreading the pool at CSR in case its also just as cold! it's so strange because i remember going when younger and the pools were always nice and toasty.

are all disney pools just cold now or is it just the time of year I went?
Old 12 Aug 18, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm guessing it's the time of year. We've just returned from POFQ - found the pool temp to be good, even at pool opening at 9am, but it was very warm weather even at that time. The water also got warmer as the day went on.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

We went to AKL last may and the pool was absolutely freezing! We only stayed in for about 10 minutes then had to get out!
I haven't used any of the hotel pools before so I wasn't sure if that was normal (I usually only swim at the waterparks!) glad it's not only me!
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
hattyho
Getting Excited

Mobile

We stayed at Saratoga Springs in October and their pools were freezing too. We’d previously stayed in May 2014 and the pools were lovely then. I did overhear a DVC member complaining that Disney have stopped heating their pools - not sure if there’s any true in that?
We’re staying at the Beach Club in February & I’m a bit worried if we’ll be able to use the pool.
hattyho is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I really hope they’ve not stopped heating them! My daughter loves the pool but won’t go in if it’s freezing, don’t blame her! Hahah
Old 13 Aug 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh no, we are going in October next and we were looking froward to the pool!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

It states they are heated to 28c throughout the year but I very much doubt it still is, my last two encounters have been met with teeth chattering!
aladdin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The sea was 30c at Clearwater last week - could be a better option!
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

28 C is 82 F. Given the threads on pool heating, this may be cool to some people. I nolonger go to WDW in the summer, but if I did I'd like the pool to be cool and refreshing, not a bath.

Knowing WDW I am sure they have surveyed guests to come up with that temperature.

Also, I wonder how bateria growth is effected by overheating. I am also sure WDW is conscious of the amount of chemicals needed.

Edited at 04:11 PM.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
28 C is 82 F. Given the threads on pool heating, this may be cool to some people. I nolonger go to WDW in the summer, but if I did I'd like the pool to be cool and refreshing, not a bath.

Knowing WDW I am sure they have surveyed guests to come up with that temperature.

Also, I wonder how bateria growth is effected by overheating. I am also sure WDW is conscious of the amount of chemicals needed.
not wanting a bath but teeth chattering isn't exactly welcoming either!