Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Aug 18, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
beaky2808
Very Serious Dibber

Anyone have experience changing/cancelling a Virgin package?

So the amazing news is I’ve just found out I’m pregnant! We are of course over the moon but...

I have a trip booked to New York and Orlando in April next year the week before I’ll be due! So obviously that’s not going to happen...

Has anyone had experience changing the dates through Virgin? We may be able to bring it forward but if not may have to postpone significantly or cancel altogether! I feel awful because it’s with my best friend and whilst I know she will be very excited about baby I know she will be gutted if we do have to cancel!

Edited at 08:06 PM.
beaky2808 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
beaky2808
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Oh and also would you contact Virgin now or wait till 12 weeks and all going ok?
beaky2808 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

No advice sorry but wanted to say Congratulations. That's a great reason to be postponing 😀
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Congratulations, what lovely news.

We booked with Virgin for April but then got a much better price diy.

I called the contact centre to cancel understanding that we would lose our deposit of £750. The advisor I spoke to said to have a think about things and that from now until payment of the full holiday was due we could amend the holiday (just once) for a fee of £35pp. So we are hanging on until February 2020 prices come out then we will amend our booking. So to cancel it’s loss of deposit or amending just once is £35 pp. Hope this helps.
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
If you have to cancel your insurance should cover it completely as you will obviously be not fit to fly at that point. Congratulations!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by beaky2808 View Post
So the amazing news is I’ve just found out I’m pregnant! We are of course over the moon but...

I have a trip booked to New York and Orlando in April next year the week before I’ll be due! So obviously that’s not going to happen...

Has anyone had experience changing the dates through Virgin? We may be able to bring it forward but if not may have to postpone significantly or cancel altogether! I feel awful because it’s with my best friend and whilst I know she will be very excited about baby I know she will be gutted if we do have to cancel!
Congratulations!

I find Virgin are quite good with changing dates, although I think it’s a £35pp amendment fee usually.
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I have changed dates before as well as the airport I flew from. A small charge was all I had to pay, they were very good.

Congratulations!
Sandraoh40 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
SaratogaSp2015
Apprentice Imagineer

This happened to us in 2016. We'd just booked flights with Virgin in the Black Friday sale and were feeling very smug. We got an amazing price for business seats and a week later I found out I was pregnant.

Virgin were great. We thought we'd need to go through insurance but the customer service advisor was so helpful. She said we shouldn't be waiting months for a refund when we had a baby to buy for and found a loophole with the zika virus which meant we got a full refund in about 5 days so our experience was very good. They were really helpful.
SaratogaSp2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I had to move my holiday for the same reason and we were able to change the dates and took the baby with us
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

First of all great news but you need to contact your insurance for all trips we loved he Far East but I'd be super cautious about going on a cruise and to Hong Kong and we've been a few times and had a medical emergency a nightmare once no matter what you decide you need to amend your insurance cover for your at stage dates
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List