Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Aug 18, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TICH1952 View Post
So here we are in August and Disney have decided that it is time to start celebrating Haloween. The park is decorated and if you do not have an extra ticket for the special evening party then you have to leave!
In all the years we have been coming and staying at Disney this is a first, I mean Haloween in the middle of August. So far we have not been able to stay at the Magic Kingdom until closing twice in eleven nights, not a happy bunny right now.
To be fair, I would feel the same as you.
Halloween in August is far to early. If I was to hazard a guess it might be due to high demand like others have said.

Try not to let it bother you too much. Hope you have a great time for the rest of your holiday.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

The way I see it is that more people take holidays in the summer than October.

Disney "needs" their party money, Disney needs to fill the last 2 weeks of August - everyone on here quotes them as being a bit quieter - they already have the decorations - so to them it is cheap to set up.

People want something special (though god knows a trip to Disney should be special enough) - so often will delay a trip til Sept/October til the decorations are up

and everyone is complaining how busy Disney is getting in October nowadays - perhaps this is just their "crowd level smoothing" in action.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stephy View Post
Sorry I didn’t mean ghouls and goblins it was just a general statement however there were bats and other quirky Halloween bits but when I think about Halloween i think of cold, dark autumn nights with lots of autumn colours around and i just don’t want to see that on my summer holiday. I agree that its very popular but i just think august is far too early
Oh my goodness, no need to apologise! I didn't realise you'd been at that time, and thought you may have had visions of it being draped about everywhere like you see American houses on tv and just wanted to try and reassure that although there is a "presence" (hee hee no pun intended!) It wasnt really in your face on every corner and it was (I thought) easy to overlook/not focus on. I thought the stuff starting to appear at universal, who I don't think have the scare nights in August were far more obvious and spooky, giant spiders on the walls and skeletons on fire escapes! I agree that it seemed odd to be in blazing heat and see Halloween things, but I guess thats our conditioning and if I was there at Christmas it would feel the same?

Edited at 08:12 AM.
littlelish0544 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Agree with you. Why should you have to pay for park tickets then have to leave, you don't set a reduction in prices do you
I think if you buy a 14 or 21 day park ticket and you visit over the mnsshp then it should include 1 night to this event.
I remember when we first started going the disney character breakfast was included with the price of the tickets
2016 Boardwalk Villas
2015 Pop Century
2014 Old Key West
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
Agree with you. Why should you have to pay for park tickets then have to leave, you don't set a reduction in prices do you
I think if you buy a 14 or 21 day park ticket and you visit over the mnsshp then it should include 1 night to this event.
I remember when we first started going the disney character breakfast was included with the price of the tickets

I disagree about that it should be included there are advertised park times that is what your ticket entitles you to not to an additional event. Last year we had a family (English) go absoloutly ape after the fireworks show at Epcot as they could not go in soarin in EMH as they were not staying onsite.

What is included now and what used to be included has changed a lot, parking at the parks and now the hotels I wonder how long before a resort fee is added. But you do get the photpass now.
However we feel we are no longer getting what we think is value and cpjust like everyone else have the right to vote with our feet. Disney owe me nothing and me them they make an offering and we choose to take it or not.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
That could be quite difficult to administer as they are valid for a year and dont activate untill your first visit, (as of course you know being seasoned visitor ☺)so unlike breakfast everyday, (and photopass everyday) its not that straight forward, I suppose they could add a voucher or disney dollars to your mde account on activating, but then what if you booked tickets after the first day, (unlikely as they sell out) and had spent said dollars? Im sure there would be a way around it, but I cant think off the top of my head. I suppose their justification is that its not on everyday, hours are well advertised so you can plan accordingly. And they have other parks to go to instead. They will suck the money out of your pocket somehow, thats for sure.

Edited at 08:22 AM.
littlelish0544 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
stephy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by littlelish0544 View Post
Oh my goodness, no need to apologise! I didn't realise you'd been at that time, and thought you may have had visions of it being draped about everywhere like you see American houses on tv and just wanted to try and reassure that although there is a "presence" (hee hee no pun intended!) It wasnt really in your face on every corner and it was (I thought) easy to overlook/not focus on. I thought the stuff starting to appear at universal, who I don't think have the scare nights in August were far more obvious and spooky, giant spiders on the walls and skeletons on fire escapes! I agree that it seemed odd to be in blazing heat and see Halloween things, but I guess thats our conditioning and if I was there at Christmas it would feel the same?
Yes it does seem odd being in such heat with Halloween stuff around but i do get why they do it. I’ll just have to try and position my children for their photos where there’s no Halloween decorations lol. I agree that Universal has alot more up than Disney does.
stephy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Similar to supermarkets selling Easter Eggs just after Christmas.
No worse as they are not allowing people in the park after a certain time unless they pay more money for a separate event.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
No worse as they are not allowing people in the park after a certain time unless they pay more money for a separate event.
Which I agree with, if you’ve paid for the ticket, you don’t want those who haven’t, hanging around and being able to enjoy the event. Plenty of people try to stay on Main Street so they can see the parade and fireworks and I’m really glad Disney seem to be tightening that this year.

The Halloween stuff in August doesn’t bother me. It’s never been very in your face to me and if MK closes at 6 we just go elsewhere for the evening.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
disneygirl1985
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Party nights in August are too early in my opinion but I get why Disney do this.

As i understand it the parks close at 6pm to normal guests on party nights so no HEA, here is a list of the dates that will be affected:

August 17, 24, 28, 31;
September 3, 7, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28, 30;
October 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 25, 26, 28, 30, 31.

Hope the dates help plan your trip whether you intend to attend MNSSHP or not.