Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Aug 18, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
Guess what... I saw Christmas cards in a shop yesterday. Its ridiculous, gets earlier and earlier every year. 😉

Joking aside, it doesn't bother me. If there is demand for a premium product, then Disney will do it. It's not like there are not alternatives if you don't want to pay for the party. 🎃 Happy Halloween everyone.

I saw Christmas cards over 10 days ago in a local shop - a whole wall of them .

I do feel sorry for people who have perhaps planned their Disney stay only to find out that they have to perhaps make alternative arrangements due to the early Halloween start.

Perhaps the next question will be when does Christmas arrive in Disney? - as if we didn't already know.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I think August is too early. It’s quiet clear they are doing this to fill up the park during the off peak season (13/8 onwards)

Surely they could think of another party idea for the period mid-August to end of September?
And somebody would complain about that.
Old 18 Aug 18, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
ricardotorero
Trying for More Ears

Couldn't agree more. I'm not that into Halloween, but even if I was, definitely not 2.5 months early. It's not Halloween time, so I don't get why anyone would want to go to the parties
ricardotorero is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Plato
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ricardotorero View Post
Couldn't agree more. I'm not that into Halloween, but even if I was, definitely not 2.5 months early. It's not Halloween time, so I don't get why anyone would want to go to the parties
...because it's fun and we enjoy the feeling and theme of MNSSHP. Can't wait for our September dose of Hallowe'en
Plato is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

If they have planned then they will know what time each park is closing ... and plan accordingly surely ?

I'm impacted by this next month ... we have simply planned to be at one of the other three parks those evenings. It's those who haven't planned who are most impacted.

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
I saw Christmas cards over 10 days ago in a local shop - a whole wall of them .

I do feel sorry for people who have perhaps planned their Disney stay only to find out that they have to perhaps make alternative arrangements due to the early Halloween start.

Perhaps the next question will be when does Christmas arrive in Disney? - as if we didn't already know.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
They should wait until the very end of August so that the celebrations start in Sept.

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Plato
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mrs Valentine View Post
They should wait until the very end of August so that the celebrations start in Sept.
Why? Why not wait to the end of July and start in August?
Plato is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

I’m also in the “it’s starting way too early camp”.

We’re going for a last minute trip Sept 3rd till Sept 10th and there is a party on 3 nights out of the 7 nights we are there. Now as seasoned visitors we know to make plans to visit another park.

However personally I feel that what Disney ought to do is give one of the other parks a late EMH on party nights so guests do have somewhere else to go. At the moment both HS and AK both close at 8:30pm and EPCOT at 9pm so that really does limit park time everywhere.
Mymemories is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

I think it's early too however I could never be fed up in Disney!
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Halloween in August is ludicrous I agree. Not being able to stay in MK after 7 for a couple of days of holiday is annoying. All of this is pre known and can be planned around. If it’s really such a show stopper just don’t go to Disney!
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List