Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Shopping in Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.
Florida Tix
Unread 5 Nov 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Excited about Disney

Vineland outlets - parking for disabled

Can anyone tell me if there is a specific area to park at the Vineland outlets for disabled people? I can't find any mention of it but there are veteran and pregnant women areas so I was hoping there would be somewhere specific we could park.

TIA
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Christmas Escape
Unread 5 Nov 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

There are various areas close to the shops as long as you have a temporary Florida Disabled Badge. Unfortunately they are often full.
Unread 5 Nov 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

I don'[t know about Vineland, but according to one of the vloggers, there's accessible parking at the valet section in the International outlets. Guess it depends which shops you want, if that's any use!

/Mo
Mo&Chris is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Let the planning begin!
Unread 5 Nov 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
I think there always has to be disabled bay in parking lots in FL, like there is here.

We have never not found disabled bays, sometimes they are full, but they are always there. We usually drop the person with disabilities off right where they need to be, park up, and then the rest of us walk over. I know this wont always work, depending on disabilities, distance, group size etc. Just an idea though.

Sticking to a budget Oct 18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to Aventura for HHN
Unread 6 Nov 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

In the US disabled parking spaces are required so there should be some whereever you go. If there is a car without a disabled plate or hanger parked in a space, you can notify the lot attendant, security or a someone in a shop. The fines are very high for those who park illegally and it's my feeling that they should be punished.

Veterans, new mother, employee of the month etc. are not required to have spaces but many of the larger lots offer them.

My son has a gas/electric hybrid and willparkin electric car spaces where he can recharge. There was a non electric hybrid in one and he was telling me that even this offence can get you towed.

The Florida population is on average older so spaces may be full but my experience has been there tend to be lots.

Also, dropping off and then parking can work,just be careful where you drop ioff and that there is easy acess to where you want to go (I was disabled for a while and almost became much more disabled when my then young daughter dropped me off at the hosptial front doors and I was almost trampled going in.)
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote