Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 5 Sep 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

Parking Disneyland Paris

Hello just back from DLRP and I thought I'd share the results of my parking quandary in case it's helpful to anybody else.

Parking at DLRP (for those who are not staying onsite) is €30 per entry (not per day).

On out visit the travelators from the car park were all switched off necessitating a very long walk for my wife, who has had a knee replacement and therefore has reduced mobility.

Our solution was to park at Val 'd Europe and walk to the RER station and then catching the train the 1 stop to Marne-la-Vallée–Chessy.

This (for us) had the following benefits;

Cost - It was cheaper - A carnet of 10 tickets for the 1 stop train ride was €15.80. For our party of 4 visiting for 3 days this would have equated to €39 against a cost of €90 for 3 days parking at DLRP. There is no cost for parking at Val 'd Europe and as the Auchen petrol station on the lower level of the car park is signed as 24/7 I believe that you can always exit the car park.

Convenience - One of the main reasons I have seen for paying to park at Disney is convenience. For us due to the travelators not working, parking at Disney was an inconvenience (due to the distance from the parking lot to the park entrance) arriving at the railway station vastly reduced this distance.

The only disadvantages (that I can see);

Not withstanding that I believe that once you get to your car you will always be able to exit the car park, I wouldn't want to try and return to my car once the Val 'd Europe had closed it's doors (the stores open until 21:00 and the restaurants until 00:00).

It's a shopping center, you know that even at their most tired whilst in the parks, the sight of shops will give them at least an extra hour of go.
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
vickiell
slightly serious Dibber

There is a Disney Village car park, you have to pay for this as well but it is cheaper than the Disney car park and it’s a lot shorter walk, we normally park there when we go in the winter. It’s opposite five guys and open I think 24 hours if it’s not 24 hours then it’s open til very late as Disney Village is open til late.
We also have just returned and although we do not have to pay for parking as we have annual passes we also found it frustrating that the travelators were not working, they were all blocked off in may so we assumed they were being fixed.
Old 5 Sep 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by vickiell View Post
There is a Disney Village car park, you have to pay for this as well but it is cheaper than the Disney car park and it’s a lot shorter walk, we normally park there when we go in the winter. It’s opposite five guys and open I think 24 hours if it’s not 24 hours then it’s open til very late as Disney Village is open til late.
We also have just returned and although we do not have to pay for parking as we have annual passes we also found it frustrating that the travelators were not working, they were all blocked off in may so we assumed they were being fixed.
I did see that parking lot whilst we were there, but by that time I had already decided that Val 'd Europe was;

A. Cheaper
B. Probably just as convenient
C. Saved me driving to the shops as I was already parked at the shops.

Did toy with the idea of an AP, but even just buying 1 for the perks didn't justify the cost and living in Yorkshire means multiple trips in one 12 month period are out of the question.
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamsOfOrlando
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by vickiell View Post
Sorry to jump on this thread! Can you remember roughly how much it cost for the car park near Disney village? And do you pay by cash/card? Going next weekend for our first visit. Thanks!
DreamsOfOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

It would seem that getting information from any official sources regarding this car-park is more difficult than obtaining the launch codes for the nuclear missiles.

The car-park is branded as an indigo car-park, but strangely enough isn’t listed on their site.

If you search car-parking Marne la Vallee you only get the car-park at the railway station.
Old 5 Sep 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamsOfOrlando
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Raggyavn View Post
It would seem that getting information from any official sources regarding this car-park is more difficult than obtaining the launch codes for the nuclear missiles.

The car-park is branded as an indigo car-park, but strangely enough isn’t listed on their site.

If you search car-parking Marne la Vallee you only get the car-park at the railway station.
Do you know if you can park in the railway station car park if you’re visiting Disney?

And I completely agree, very annoying there’s no official information out there!
DreamsOfOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

You can certainly book a space on their website, although I can't vouch for how busy it gets.

It would also seem that anything lower than 12 hours is also cheaper (and more convenient) than Disney's offering.

Edited at 08:06 AM.
Old 6 Sep 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
T33
First POST

Mobile

Hi, these were the Indigo Disney Village car park charges from my visit last year.

15 mins. 90€
30 mins. 1,80€
45 mins. 2,70€
1hr. 3,60€
3hrs. 10,00€
24hrs. 24,00€
T33 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamsOfOrlando
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by T33 View Post
Hi, these were the Indigo Disney Village car park charges from my visit last year.

15 mins. 90€
30 mins. 1,80€
45 mins. 2,70€
1hr. 3,60€
3hrs. 10,00€
24hrs. 24,00€
Thanks