Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 4 Aug 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have tried them all 😀

Our home resort is SSR which is great for the proximity to DS.

The Boardwalk, loved the room we had and the location.

The Poly, love having not to share a bathroom when DD is with us.

We would probably not stay at AK, BC, GF, or BLT again but any of the others.
Old 5 Aug 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
We own at OKW and have only stayed there, SSR and AKV. In Sept, we're staying at Boulder Ridge so that'll be a new one.

In reality, we defo prefer SSR and OKW as they have the 'quiet' pools dotted around.
Old 5 Aug 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
I really love the Poly still. We’ve stayed at boardwalk, copper creek, OKW, SSR, Poly and AKV (Jambo & Kidani). I actually really liked SSR last time which is funny as first time we went I didn’t. I’d go back to any of the resorts bar OKW. I’m hoping to do GF and BLT next time as I just want to try them all!
Hey! What didn't you like about OKW out of interest?
Old 5 Aug 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sara_toga View Post
We have tried them all 😀

Our home resort is SSR which is great for the proximity to DS.

The Boardwalk, loved the room we had and the location.

The Poly, love having not to share a bathroom when DD is with us.

We would probably not stay at AK, BC, GF, or BLT again but any of the others.
Can I ask why you wouldn't stay at GF or BC again?
Old 5 Aug 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

My favourite of all the DVC resorts we have stayed at is going to be split between Copper Creek and Boardwalk.

Last year we spent 5 nights in a studio at Copper Creek and absolutely loved the rooms and the feel of the resort.

We hadn't planned a Boardwalk stay but at 7 months we couldn't get our first choice so booked a Pool/Garden view room (Luckily away from the clown). Being so close to both the International Gateway and a short walk from Hollywood Studios made this stay perfect.
Old 6 Aug 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Can I ask why you wouldn't stay at GF or BC again?
The only reason that we would not stay at GF is the points. We stayed in a 1 bed lake view and it was lovely, can't fault room at all but just too many points.

BC was the first resort we stayed in after purchasing DVC. I had requested a pool view room (I know not guaranteed). When we arrived we were told we had a room with a huge balcony, great I though as I don't always go to the parks and like to sit out on the balcony but it was at the back, on the road and it had no view for trees. the room was also very run down and the patio doors would hardly open or close (I know they have all been upgraded since then)We were unaware that DVC owners are not allowed to change rooms, or you are but have to pay and I went to ask to change rooms. I said I was happy to pay as we were there for 7 days. We were offered a pool view room the following day so had to check out and in the following day and they did not charge us. I just wasn't impressed with the resort and far prefer BWV.

All just personal choices
Old 6 Aug 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Hey! What didn't you like about OKW out of interest?
It was really old fashioned when we went but I think it’s been redone now. I just didn’t like the vibe. I felt like I was at a retirement village. Also no top floor lifts was a BA and where you board the boat was like a small walkway about a stroller width with no edges at all and deep water, made me super nervous as right next to pool. The balcony was very easy to open, my daughter could do it one handed which I really disliked - I just didn’t feel it was very kid friendly not for mine anyway haha. I think we had a rubbish location though which tainted it and I am sure it’s had a refurb now and if you go it’ll be lovely if you can get one with a lift.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
It was really old fashioned when we went but I think it’s been redone now. I just didn’t like the vibe. I felt like I was at a retirement village. Also no top floor lifts was a BA and where you board the boat was like a small walkway about a stroller width with no edges at all and deep water, made me super nervous as right next to pool. The balcony was very easy to open, my daughter could do it one handed which I really disliked - I just didn’t feel it was very kid friendly not for mine anyway haha. I think we had a rubbish location though which tainted it and I am sure it’s had a refurb now and if you go it’ll be lovely if you can get one with a lift.
That made me laugh! 😂
Old 6 Aug 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Up to now my favourites are;

AKL- I love the theming, Savannah and the atmosphere here. It really doesnt bother me that its a bit out of the way. I also love the proximity to Sherberth Road an the off site restaurants and shops there.

BLT - TOTWL, I love wandering home from MK after the fireworks and having a night cap here. I love how easy it is to get to MK as well as the other parks and I also love the contemporary feel to it.

OKW - I love how relaxed it is, you can go Disney mental if you want but you can also chill and take time out from it all. I love the large rooms. I love the landscaping and sitting watching golfers in the morning while we have a coffee.

I haven't stayed in any of the Wideness lodge resorts, VGF or Beach club yet. We own at AKL.

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 03:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida-Sarah
Apprentice Imagineer

Florida-Sarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Polynesian for me. I love the split bathroom and size of the studios. I also love the vibe of the resort and the two pools. The quick service location a Captain Cooks is also one of my favourite on property.

I also liked Boulder Ridge although the rooms there are in need of an update.

I feel that each resort has something different to offer and I wouldn’t be disappointed if my next stay was in any of the DVC accommodations.

WDW: 1992, 1993, 1996, 1998, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 x2, 2017, 2018, 2019 x 2

DCL: Disney Dream 2017, Disney Fantasy 2019
Florida-Sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List