Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 11 Sep 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
baggie boy
Helping Minnie

baggie boy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Cheapest Way

Can anyone suggest the cheapest way of getting to Disneyland Paris please.
Is it Flight or Euro? Stay in Disney or not?
Appreciate your help
baggie boy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post

It generally depends on how many of you there are, and where in the UK you are based.

For us driving always tends to be the cheapest. The ferry can be had for around £80 if you book ahead, tolls are around €22 each way and then fuel on top.

Just ensure you factor in all the costs when comparing. For example if you fly add on airport parking if you need it and then transfers from the airport to Disney which will be extra.

As a rule booking a package that includes travel tends to work out more expensive than booking it separately yourself.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

We always drive over. We’ve never looked at how much flights or Eurostar are but I’m guessing it would cost a lot more than it does to drive as there are 5 of us.
The cheapest onsite stay we’ve had is when we booked 13 months out.
Look around at different country’s sites as they have different offers on. We’ve always got the best price ourselves by booking direct with DLP though.
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Book travel separately. Eurostar can be relatively inexpensive if you manage to catch the cheap tickets - particularly if you get those going to Marne la Vallee and changing at Lille. Alternatively you can get the Eurostar to Gare du Nord and get an RER train to Marne la Vallee. GdN tickets are sometimes £29 per person each way in their sales (but times may not be great).

Onsite is great (and includes tickets for length of stay). However, there are lots of inexpensive offsite hotels just a few minutes journey away.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Pollita
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I'm in the South West and it worked out cheaper for me to fly and book off-site separately. I managed to get flights from Bristol and 2 nights at the Hipark for me and my son for £270 total this December. It's only a 10-15 min walk from the parks and I figured that I won't be in the room too much anyway

I've flown all but once to DLP. The time we drove it was just too far from where I am. It was about 11 hours I think with the crossing

We're going to spend what we saved on the room on food and toys
Old 12 Sep 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We always find driving to be cheapest, and for us, staying onsite has been cheaper than staying offsite and buying tickets separately. Having said that, I’ve never looked closely into the best bargains for offsite (although prices do seem to be very low anyway) or tickets (which I’ve only come across expensive tickets for school holidays.) I do spend a while finding the best package prices for onsite hotel & tickets (cheapest was £600 for five days for four of us in Santa Fe in the school holidays last year, and most expensive was £1200 for the DLH for five days for four of us in school holidays.) I don’t think I could have beaten the Santa Fe price by staying offsite, not for four nights and after adding on tickets. I could probably have beaten the DLH price, but missed out on a great experience.

For us, driving only adds on the cost of petrol and around €40 toll costs, plus some Tesco clubcard vouchers to cover the crossing.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025

Edited at 05:31 PM.
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

Depends entirely where you live. Flying is usually cheaper for us.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We have 2 ferry crossings included in our trip so which ever way we priced up the travel always came out expensive hence why we have never been to DLP.

Doing our first trip next March for £299 each for 3 nights at Santa Fe includes park tickets and all travel.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

It depends where you live and how many of you are going. My sister, 2 friends and I looked at flying from London. It would have cost £600 for four flights, but we booked the Eurotunnel for £120. The stuff that needs to be in the car (extra bulbs, high vis for each passenger etc) has cost about £20, the tolls will be around £40 and we should be able to do the journey on one tank of fuel which will be around £60. £240 or £60 each. Even if there were only two of us it would still work out cheaper than the flights. We are going from central Kent.
With the flights you also have to factor in travel costs to the airport and transfers at the other end to DLP.

Worth looking into for your dates and see what works out best for your needs.
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List