Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 16 Sep 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile Would you do it?

So...I’ve been to WDW in Florida a dozen times and adore it. We have a toddler and took him to DLP for the first time in May and we all absolutely loved it. So close, so easy and still full of Disney Magic 😊

We were supposed to be taking DS for his first trip to WDW next Autumn but unfortunately it’s looking like we won’t be able to go ahead due to problems with the dates we’d planned clashing with my University submission dates and we can’t really change dates for various reasons so looking to push it back to September 2021.

So... we have enough in savings to pay in full for a 3nt/4 day trip in December, staying at Sequoia Lodge with free half board plus.

Do we do it?
Will it be miserable, cold and wet?
Will it be sad for DS to spend his Birthday in DLP rather than a party at home? (Although to be fair he’ll be turning 2 and has no friends 😆&#128514

I just can’t decide if we’ll regret spending so much money on such a short trip.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Will it be cold? Probably. Wet? Maybe? Miserable? Up to you. Remember, there is no such thing as bad weather, only wrong clothing!

Our first WDW trip was spent in thick winter coats with temps of minus 2C and we loved every minute.

I have done the Christmas season twice at DLP and twice at WDW - and in some ways DLP’s is better. Not least because you are more likely to get Christmassy weather!

Sequoia Lodge is lovely and cosy, and only 10 minutes to walk from the parks.

I would be there like a shot!

By the way - how much are they charging? Don’t forget it can be cheaper midweek, and always look at different countries’ offers. And usually it is cheaper to book travel separately. I don’t know where you are but Eurostar can be £29 per person each way with their offers.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
wdwsurprise
Trying for More Ears

Do it, do it, do it! We did Christmas at DLP a few years back and are going back this year for 4 nights! When we went before it was cold and occasionally wet, but that just added to the Christmas feeling! Christmas IS cold - not boiling hot like in Florida!
The decorations, along with the parade and the Christmas tree lighting were magical. We have been to DLP 4 times now and can honestly say that Christmas was the most memorable trip and I can't wait for this year!
wdwsurprise is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lexilooby
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We went last year at the end of November and have just booked to go this year mid December...,I can’t wait!
Our little ones will be 1 and 5 - we’ll just put thermals on them.

It was fairly dry last year and we had an amazing time. It’s so magical! I think the Christmas parade is better than the normal one!
I’d do it!
Lexilooby is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m going on the 9th Dec. Perfect timing before the madness starts! Been this time of year before, it wasn’t freezing but we did have a wet day out of 4 but we just carried on. Christmas is definitely the best time of year to go, so much on & full of excitement & magic❤️

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Aww thank you for all the lovely and positive replies everyone! You’re definitely selling it xx

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Will it be cold? Probably. Wet? Maybe? Miserable? Up to you. Remember, there is no such thing as bad weather, only wrong clothing!

Our first WDW trip was spent in thick winter coats with temps of minus 2C and we loved every minute.

I have done the Christmas season twice at DLP and twice at WDW - and in some ways DLP’s is better. Not least because you are more likely to get Christmassy weather!

Sequoia Lodge is lovely and cosy, and only 10 minutes to walk from the parks.

I would be there like a shot!

By the way - how much are they charging? Don’t forget it can be cheaper midweek, and always look at different countries’ offers. And usually it is cheaper to book travel separately. I don’t know where you are but Eurostar can be £29 per person each way with their offers.
Gill I was hoping you’d reply as know you have lots of experience with DLP. I guess wet bothers me more than cold but we generally tend to be “get on with it” people! I couldn’t give a monkeys if my hair gets wet for example and our favourite holiday ever was Iceland and that was freezing!

Unfortunately we’ve got no choice of when to go! We’re off to CenterParcs next week, then DH has a day off for his Birthday in October and then a day on 6/12 - if he uses his last days leave for the day before we’d be able to go 7am Thurs morning from Edinburgh, then come home 9.30pm on the Sunday evening giving us 4 days there, plus we’d get to celebrate DS’s 2nd Birthday there then too.
EasyJet flights for 3 with bags/seats are £250. Sequoia Lodge, 3nts, 4 days park passes and free half board plus is £795 (ish) through Magic Breaks.
Does that sound ok? Xx

Edited to add - we’re a 10.5hr drive so too far for a short trip! X

Edited at 07:50 PM.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Pollita
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I'm taking my 18 month old start of December, we're just stocking up on thermals and a waterproof snowsuit Go, enjoy!
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

We visited over the Christmas holiday many years ago and it was amazing. We'd expected cold weather and took thermal clothes, gloves, hats etc but actually it was quite warm and most of the time the children didn't even wear their coats. Would we have enjoyed it if it was cold and raining - absoloutely. Of all our trips to Florida, Disney in Anaheim and DLP, it's christmas at DLP that they remember most. Staying at the Disneyland Hotel made it extra special but there were so many magical things on that trip.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

We love going December time. Weather doesn't put us off at all. My daughter has spent 3 birthdays at DLP and wants to go for her 18th.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Christmas is the most magical time at DLP and I couldn't think of a better place to spend a birthday! It might be wet, it might be cold but as long as you prepare for it it will be more than bearable!
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List