Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 25 Feb 17, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lady A
Earning More Ears

UK travelers booking through US TA?

Hi my husband and I travelled on the Dream in September 16 and loved it so much we are planning to book the Fantasy for September 18.
I have heard a lot of people get better deals going through a US travel agent rather than direct to DCL.
Is this the case? And can UK residents book through a US travel agent?
If so does anyone have any recommendations?

A lot of questions I know, sorry
Old 27 Feb 17, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Hi Andrea,

We've always booked through Tracy Whipple at Travel on a Dream, and she's excellent. They offer pretty good on board credits, and you can even utilise the rebooking offer on board next time you cruise.

I've literally used them every time (this year is 5!) and they are excellent - normally very quick to respond and great with room queries etc

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lady A
Earning More Ears

Thank you Diane. I have completed a request form and included your name. I will now wait in anticipation of their reply. 😉👍🏻
Old 1 Mar 17, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

I've always used Jess Hayes at Pixie Vacations if you want another quote. She's fantastic and although she doesn't do referral bonuses or anything she does offer OBC and has great customer service. jess@pixievacations com

Edited at 08:25 PM.
gismo1554 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lady A
Earning More Ears

Hi Sarah, thanks for the suggestion however, I was quoted the same amount as Disney Cruise Line direct from the previous company I was recommended and I didn't want to loose the cabin I wanted as there are only a limited amount of concierge so I have booked direct with DCL. Not sure what extra benefit booking through a TA would be if the same price including the onboard credit they offer? 🤔
Old 3 Mar 17, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lady A View Post
Hi Sarah, thanks for the suggestion however, I was quoted the same amount as Disney Cruise Line direct from the previous company I was recommended and I didn't want to loose the cabin I wanted as there are only a limited amount of concierge so I have booked direct with DCL. Not sure what extra benefit booking through a TA would be if the same price including the onboard credit they offer? 🤔
No worries. All TA's will have the same price as DCL its just the additional OBC and service you get from them that makes people book with them. I've done both options (direct and through a TA) and I like both for different reasons. Being concierge I don't think it actually makes a difference having a TA personally as for me (who sales solo and books inside rooms to keep cost down) its the help with booking things I find useful. You will have this with the concierge team so no need to worry.
Old 6 Mar 17, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
No worries. All TA's will have the same price as DCL its just the additional OBC and service you get from them that makes people book with them. I've done both options (direct and through a TA) and I like both for different reasons. Being concierge I don't think it actually makes a difference having a TA personally as for me (who sales solo and books inside rooms to keep cost down) its the help with booking things I find useful. You will have this with the concierge team so no need to worry.
I can tell you first hand that it makes a huuuuuuuuuge difference having a TA even if you're concierge. Casting my mind (and yours) back to 2014 when we were concierge for our wedding cruise.
Wrong colour flowers, boot print on my wedding dress when it came back from being cleaned, severe leak in our room so couldn't use the space for 3 days ... concierge host not that good, TA awesome!

A TA can be worth their weight in gold if there are problems in any category and on any cruise line.

You can come back to present day now!
Old 7 Mar 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
I can tell you first hand that it makes a huuuuuuuuuge difference having a TA even if you're concierge. Casting my mind (and yours) back to 2014 when we were concierge for our wedding cruise.
Wrong colour flowers, boot print on my wedding dress when it came back from being cleaned, severe leak in our room so couldn't use the space for 3 days ... concierge host not that good, TA awesome!

A TA can be worth their weight in gold if there are problems in any category and on any cruise line.

You can come back to present day now!
Oh yes sorry hadn't thought about useless Conceirge lol! That's a really good point! I do love my TA and I probably would still book Conceirge with her anyway after those problems! Always assumed Conceirge were like good TA's but clearly its hit or miss! Had completely forgotten your nightmare issues!
Old 7 Mar 17, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Oh yes sorry hadn't thought about useless Conceirge lol! That's a really good point! I do love my TA and I probably would still book Conceirge with her anyway after those problems! Always assumed Conceirge were like good TA's but clearly its hit or miss! Had completely forgotten your nightmare issues!
The host was a lovely person but really let themselves down when a problem arose. it was almost like they didn't know how to cope with friendly and non demanding Brits! We were very laid back about everything so perhaps they thought we didn't need any compensation/help.

We've done concierge on a different ship and it was a totally different experience .. a very positive one!
Old 8 Mar 17, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
The host was a lovely person but really let themselves down when a problem arose. it was almost like they didn't know how to cope with friendly and non demanding Brits! We were very laid back about everything so perhaps they thought we didn't need any compensation/help.

We've done concierge on a different ship and it was a totally different experience .. a very positive one!
Clearly you should have been more angry to them and they might have been able to cope better! I hate the fact that most of us are overly polite means they think we are fine! I hope you wrote a letter after the event - my fall back to confrontation