Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 25 Feb 17, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post

3 nights in Miami pre cruise with teenagers!

We fly into FLL next. Into and have booked the National Hotel in South Beach. I'm assuming we can get a taxi from FLL to the hotel easily, there are 5 of us - any idea of the distance/cost?

We have booked the Sugar Factory and just plan to chill before back to the port for a cruise.

Any 'must do's' whilst in Miami, kids are 19,16&10 but won't be in to Art Deco or museums, more 'exciting' type trips, airboat, alligators, anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 17, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

We did 3 nights in Miami after a cruise last June. We stayed at the Surfcomber which I'm sure is on the same block as the National so you are in a great area.

DD's were 16 & 13, we did a segway tour around South Beach which was great, we all loved it. We had parasailing booked but it got cancelled twice because of weather. We loved Lincoln Road mall and Ocean Drive. We chilled a lot as it was the last few days of our trip.

We stayed a night before our cruise at Holiday Inn Port of Miami, it was directly across from Bayside Marketplace, teens love it here. I think it's easy to get here from South Beach. We visited a few years ago and did the bay cruise of celebrity houses, I actually really enjoyed this myself. We also did an airboat ride which was cool, I can't remember the name of the place but they had aligators you could hold and other little shows.

Lots to do around Miami Sorry I can't help about FLL but it was approx $35 to/from Miami Interntional airport.
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for your reply. Good to hear we are in a good hotel location.
We may get the hop on off bus tour via group on to see some sights.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
letty
Imagineer

Can recommend the HOHO bus tour and also the pirate duck tour.
We did both, great way to see the area. Lincoln road mall good for shops, restaurants and people watching . We also went ten pin bowling and hired bikes ( Loke Boris s bikes in London) and cycled on the paths adjacent to Ocean drive ( beach side) .We had our 2 teen boys with us
Old 26 Feb 17, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
phoebe23
Serious Dibber

Mobile

( Loke Boris s bikes in London) and cycled on the paths adjacent to Ocean drive ( beach side) .We had our 2 teen boys with us[/QUOTE]

This path takes you right up to the harbour inlet (South of 5th) and can watch the sailaways🚢
We've done taxi, shared van and Tri Rail transfers but the other way round (MIA to Fort Lauderdale hotels ) taxi was $90ish train was $5 ish van was prebooked online - excellent service. 3 UK couples from our BA flight but it can mean waiting for the others!
phoebe23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We liked Miami Seaquarium. You can google it to see if it would suit.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List