Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 Mar 13, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixie24
Getting Excited

Florida Gator

We had some really good meals at Longhorns. They have a g/f menu and were really knowledgeable and very reassuring. We also ate at Outback who again had a good g/f menu. We preferred Longhorns but Outback was fine and had a lovely chocolate brownie pudding! Carrabas, Uno Chicago Grill, Lone Star Steakhouse and Olive Garden also have g/f menus. Chillis, Romanos and Ruby Tuesdays all have allergy lists, so you should be able to find something there also.

karate-gal

I agree with Momofboys the cookies and brownies are lovely. I even brought some home! I have not tried the waffles though, maybe next time
Old 26 Mar 13, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsGrumpy
Apprentice Imagineer

Below is an excerpt from the Genius website (geniusglutenfree/glut..ee-abroad/):
Extra Baggage Allowance for Gluten Free Food

We also contacted the main airlines asking what allowances they provide for those with Coeliac disease who may need to pack food to take with them.

Whilst many said they provided additional baggage allowance on the outbound flight, it was only Easyjet and British Airways who were happy to confirm the following in writing, so we advise speaking to your airline prior to travel to check if you can take a your Genius supplies with you.

British Airways: “British Airways will authorise passengers to check-in one extra piece of luggage up to 23kgs for additional foods due their medical condition. This is one-way only as foods will be utilised before return on flights operated by British Airways. This has to be authorised by the Medical Clearance team at email: pmcu.pmcu@ba.com or call 44 208 738 9644.”

Easyjet: “Medical food, such as diabetic and gluten free, is considered as medication and can be carried free of charge up to 10kg as hold luggage. You will be required to present a medical certification from your doctor to confirm that the medication/equipment is required. The certificate will need to include the details of the medication and their intended use i.e. that you must carry this medication and/or medical equipment to sustain quality of life.”
Interesting - hope it's of use to somebody!
MrsGrumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 13, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post

My husband is a diabetic and we've got the DDP, Does anyone know if the dessert option can be substituted for an appetiser in these circumstances?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 13, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Not as far as I'm aware, but there is a sugar fee dessert on all menus or you can request fruit salad to eat there or to go. In some of the signatures you can also order cheese plate for dessert eg. Narcoossees
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 13, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks, glad they have sugar free desserts!
Old 7 Apr 13, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Pixie24 - thanks for the tips. I have added longhorns to the list
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 13, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post

I am so happy to have found this thread - I dont eat gluten, wheat, oats, rice, corn, potato (I know!) and was starting to get worried I'd end up with salad at every meal - but it sounds like I might be able to enjoy a lot of the fab looking DDP food yay!
Old 20 May 13, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbe11
Proud to wear my Ears

thanks Clare,

My dh has just been informed he's now on a gluten free and this was one of our concerns really didn't want to pack a lunch on our holidays

Thanks again Clare
tinkerbe11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 13, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Ming
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
Thank to the advice on this thread I emailed the special diets team at Disney yesterday and received the following reply which I think may be useful:

It is a bit long but well worth reading:

Thank you for contacting the Special Diets Team at the Walt Disney World Resort.

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Food & Beverage team is committed to offering a wide range of options to accommodate Guests with food allergies or intolerances. The reservations have been notated with your allergy and intolerance information. Please speak with a Chef or Manager on duty when arriving at the dining location.

Whether dining at a table-service or quick-service restaurant, Guest food allergy or intolerance requirements will be addressed when brought to our attention. Due to the large volume of meals we serve, vendors and suppliers occasionally swap out product. Therefore menu items and preparation is often updated.

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts will use reasonable efforts to prevent the introduction of the allergen of concern into the food through close attention during our sourcing, preparation and handling processes. However, it is ultimately up to the Guest to use his or her individual discretion to make an informed choice regarding whether to order any particular items. Walt Disney Parks and Resorts cannot guarantee that allergens may not have been introduced during another stage of the food chain process or, even inadvertently, during preparation. We do not have separate kitchens to prepare allergen-free items or separate dining areas for Guests with allergies or intolerances.

Most restaurants offer no sugar added, low fat, low sodium, vegetarian or vegan options. Advance arrangements are not necessary for Guests with lifestyle dietary requests. Guests can discuss this with their server upon arrival at the restaurant.

Most Walt Disney Parks and Resorts table-service restaurants that accept reservations can accommodate Kosher meals if requested at least two days in advance by calling 407-939-3463.

Table-service restaurants that accept reservations at the Walt Disney World Resort can accommodate most food allergies or intolerances.

Common Food Allergies include:

- gluten or wheat
- shellfish
- soy
- lactose or dairy
- peanuts and tree nuts
- fish
- eggs
- corn

If a member of your party has any of the common food allergies listed above, please speak with a Chef or Manager on duty when arriving at the dining location. They will be happy to assist with your selection and provide product labels and ingredients for menu items.

The quick-service locations listed below have menu items or products that, upon request, may accommodate common food allergy or intolerance requirements.

Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park:

- Restaurantosaurus
- Flame Tree Barbecue
- Pizzafari

Disney's Hollywood Studios:

- Backlot Express
- Studios Catering Co.
- ABC Commissary
- Toy Story Pizza Planet

Epcot:

- Liberty Inn
- Sunshine Seasons
- Electric Umbrella

Magic Kingdom Park:

- Be Our Guest (Lunch Only)
- Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café
- Main Street Bakery (Under Refurbishment)
- Columbia Harbor House
- The Pinocchio Village House
- Casey’s Corner

Most quick-service locations in the Walt Disney Resort Hotels are able to accommodate special dietary needs and provide menu items and ingredients upon request.

For prepackaged items, we recommend that Guests read the ingredient list on the label before purchasing any product.

All Chefs in our Theme Parks and Resorts are trained to handle allergies and take every precaution against any cross contact. As mentioned previously, due to the large volume of meals we serve, vendors and suppliers occasionally swap out product. Therefore, menu items and preparation are often updated. We stress that you ask to speak to a Chef or Manager when you arrive at each location. They will be happy to assist with your selection and provide product labels and ingredients for menu items.

We have included a link below which lists some of the products that you may find available at the food and beverage locations that may suit your needs. Please know that this is not a comprehensive list of all the options that are available, but represents many of the special dietary products offered across the Walt Disney World Resort. If a location is not listed, this does not mean they are not able to accommodate your request; however, some of the products that are found at other locations may not be available. As always, we encourage you to speak with a chef or manager when you arrive at any dining location for the most recent information.

The restaurants will do their best to accommodate Guest dietary requirements, but cannot guarantee they will be able to meet all requests. For additional information, we encourage you to visit our website

disneyworld.disney.go/faq/dining/
Old 1 Aug 13, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
Just got back last week, my yongest has an allergy to peanuts and tree nuts.

I have to say all the Disney restaraunts we tried were brilliant, with the chefs coming to the table to discus his choices. And most of them managed to cater to him really well without restricting his choices very much.

The only exception to this was Via Napoli in Epcot. Here all the meats and the ice cream is all imported from Italy, which is nice and authentic. But they couldn't guarentee any of these items were nut free. So that left him with a mushroom pizza (no peperoni for him) and a brownie with some fruit for desert.

So if you have problems with nuts you might want to give this place a miss.
I read this with great interest as we have been two Florida holidays (in Villas) with my son who is now 10 and is allergic to all nuts and we hope to book for 2014, maybe 2015. We more or less stuck to what we knew was completely nut free food as we have been told after each test that complete avoidance is advised... especially after a trip to A&E after epipen given with bowl of shreddies (made in a factory that has nuts on premesis but no nuts in ingredients) In the villa it wasn't a problem as we stuck to basic barbie food and shops seemed to label ingredients well... It would be great to know specific places to eat that cater to specific allergies.
Just want to say a great thread and very informative.

Tags
dining, gluten free, special diets