Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Mar 22, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
kat314
Proud to wear my Ears

Attraction tickets and universal

Hi all, all being well with covid we go on Wednesday.

We got our 14 day universal tickets form attraction tickets and they are cardboard, we have to put our names and sign. Is this all we need? Or do we need to exchange at universal as it says in the small print on the ticket Id required? We just don’t want to have to take our passports with us when we go to the park? Anyone had experience of using them

Thanks
kat314 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 22, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kat314 View Post
Hi all, all being well with covid we go on Wednesday.

We got our 14 day universal tickets form attraction tickets and they are cardboard, we have to put our names and sign. Is this all we need? Or do we need to exchange at universal as it says in the small print on the ticket Id required? We just don’t want to have to take our passports with us when we go to the park? Anyone had experience of using them

Thanks
I’m pretty sure that’s the ticket and you don’t have to do anything else. Hope you have an amazing time!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 22, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Merrykerry
Earning More Ears

That's what attraction tickets advertise "real tickets." So I would presume you don't need ID. You could email them or universal to be extra sure. I wouldn't want to take the passport either. You could take a photo of your passport on your phone in case you're asked. I go in May so I'd be interested in the outcome!
Merrykerry is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 22, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
RescueRangers
Imagineer

You can now add your tickets to the Universal app. If that helps.

The tickets Attraction tickets send out are the standard ones you would get at the box office.

So you can just walk up to gate and enjoy your day.

I believe the Valid photo ID is pre printed on all tickets.
RescueRangers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

I've still got our ATD Uni tickets going back to 2014 and they are all cardboard.

I only ever take ID the first time we use them just in case, after that I have photos of passports on my phone.
Old 30 Mar 22, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneydavey
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by RescueRangers View Post
You can now add your tickets to the Universal app. If that helps.

The tickets Attraction tickets send out are the standard ones you would get at the box office.

So you can just walk up to gate and enjoy your day.

I believe the Valid photo ID is pre printed on all tickets.
Yep i did this this morning, very easy once logged in just scan the barcode on and you get a QR code on your phone
Old 30 Mar 22, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes we've got the same cardboard tickets which we've used many times and never been asked for ID, if you want to make sure take a picture of your passports on your phone to show them.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

They have been cardboard for a long time now, never been asked for ID. Straight to the ticket barrier.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Yes, the Universal tickets are just made out of fairly flimsy cardboard and are about the size of a credit card. That's a real ticket as you would get if you bought them from the ticket booths outside the parks. You won't have to exchange them.

You only really need photo ID if there is a problem with the tickets. If the tickets don't work then you may be asked for ID, hence why it suggests you bring ID with you, just in case. I have never been asked to provide ID when entering the Universal parks, so I don't usually take any.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Yes the flimsy card ones are the real tickets. If you have a lanyard hopefully it’s one that seals properly. One year we had to take DD’s ticket to Guest Services after she’d ridden Jurassic Park and the ticket had got ruined in the lanyard. They were absolutely fine about reprinting it though, all done really quickly. They even gave her a new, more effective plastic wallet for the bottom of her lanyard .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List