Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Apr 22, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by annachief View Post
I’ll be honest I wasn’t sure why they called him as well? But he was Depp’s witness.
They called him because he could corroborate that 1) Amber didn't pay the ACLU what she claimed she would (which alludes to her character); 2) that even though Depp was in serious financial trouble at one point, he's dug himself out of it (which alludes to his character), and 3) that even though he was a close business associate, he never observed Depp drunk or belligerent or disinterested in his own business affairs (again, character points).

Also, he slipped in that comment about Amber's enjoyment of spending Depp's money at a time when he was in the financial dog house (several bottles of very expensive wine, etc.).
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 22, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

I love Amber Heard's face trying to look as miserable as possible during the trial, then sometimes the mask slips after she talks to her lawyer and she smiles - then remembers she is on camera and switches instantly to looking miserable again, eyes darting left and right to check if anyone noticed

Edited at 11:52 AM.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 22, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
annachief
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
I love Amber Heard's face trying to look as miserable as possible during the trial, then sometimes the mask slips after she talks to her lawyer and she smiles - then remembers she is on camera and switches instantly to looking miserable again, eyes darting left and right to check if anyone noticed

Good to see where basing it on facts of the case
annachief is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 22, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Good to see where basing it on facts of the case
If that's not acting, I don't know what it is
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 22, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

I’ll be honest I wasn’t sure why they called him as well? But he was Depp’s witness.
Initially he was called as a witness as he was in attendance at the business meeting prior to Ambers 30th Birthday party where she claims he arrived from it drunk and high before beating her hence the questions of what time he left and were drink and drugs served.

He is essential to linking when her divorce payments were given to provide “credibility” to her claim of donating to charity and showing the timeframe between that and the claim she is now making that she couldn’t pay the charities due to her legal issues.

He also shows evidence of the alcohol bill during the marriage being higher and dropping to zero following the split which indicates that she was the one consuming alcohol.

Ironically it was originally her team asking for Johnnys finances to look for possible bad stuff which led to Ed White being called as a witness. Much like the marriage councillor was.
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 22, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
annachief
Imagineer

If that's not acting, I don't know what it is
Is anyone so over analysing Depp’s expressions? Must admit seems quite one sided . .don’t agree with doing that as it should be around the evidence even with him I don’t care whether he smirked or whether she did. I’m just interested in their case and the evidence they present which is then tested in court. Like I said before I’ll be interested in what her side puts forward versus what he did before rushing to see whether I’m ‘team heard’ or ‘team Depp’.
Old 29 Apr 22, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Is anyone so over analysing Depp’s expressions? Must admit seems quite one sided . .don’t agree with doing that as it should be around the evidence even with him I don’t care whether he smirked or whether she did. I’m just interested in their case and the evidence they present which is then tested in court. Like I said before I’ll be interested in what her side puts forward versus what he did before rushing to see whether I’m ‘team heard’ or ‘team Depp’.
I look forward to her examination next week, particularly the cross-examination. I'm sure she's preparing for the performance of a lifetime!
Old 29 Apr 22, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
annachief
Imagineer

I look forward to her examination next week, particularly the cross-examination. I'm sure she's preparing for the performance of a lifetime!
That’s assuming she goes on the stand? Depends what else the defence produce?
Old 29 Apr 22, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

I think she is going to go on the stand and I think we can anticipate that she will try to refute every thing that’s been said about her. And that she will try to paint a picture of Depp as a violent drunk and drug addict that she was just trying to help.

But the only thing the jury has to consider in this case is whether she defamed his character in the Post article.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 22, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
annachief
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty View Post
I think she is going to go on the stand and I think we can anticipate that she will try to refute every thing that’s been said about her. And that she will try to paint a picture of Depp as a violent drunk and drug addict that she was just trying to help.

But the only thing the jury has to consider in this case is whether she defamed his character in the Post article.
I think the last line is important is lots of allegations but defamation especially in the states is very difficult to prove.