Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 May 22, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by HORSE View Post
You may not see the massive downgrade in the Disney experience coupled with the huge price increases that are turning the most diehard fans off as a bad sign but the Disney share price tells a different story, it’s dropping like a stone.
The Disney share price has nothing to do with this unfortunately it is due to various other reasons .. the parks are rammed the Americans have lots of disposable income and pent up demand so until there is big financial changes with its customer base this will continue, however this may be about to change with their financial system being extremely over leveraged we will see! but basically we either suck it up or don’t go ! to add insult to injury the American Dollar is very strong against the pound at the moment ..
Old 1 May 22, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
thephantom
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
So more plant-based whole-foods? Sorry you didn't find satisfactory options.

Tbh, I've planned out many meals including quick service, and only a handful are burgers (which I like). One of my favs is Satuli Canteen, definitely recommend that. More and more places are doing whole-food options now, with lentils, beans, rice, etc. I think it just takes some extra planning in advance.
We eat there when in that park , they only have the one option sadly and no deserts.
We did plan a lot in advance but with most parks only having one or two options and rarely anything at the walk up carts it was hard work.
I guess in the uk we are spoilt for choice 😊
thephantom is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
MrIncredible
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

The rot set in years before covid.

Dropping cleanliness - filthy toilets and hotel rooms.

Inedible overpriced food.

Increasing prices coupled with dropping standards.

Sad, but plenty of people still seem happy with what’s being offered so I can’t see things improving.
MrIncredible is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

The best thing about it is we all have a choice whether we accept the declining standards, pay the high prices, accept the smaller meal sizes, wait in long lines and pay the extra optional costs such as Genie+ and LL.

If people are still happy to go then fair play to Disney, that’s one hell of a risky business model but it’s still working.

For us, the limit of acceptance has been reached. Far more to Florida & Orlando than the land of the rodent.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MrIncredible View Post
The rot set in years before covid.

Dropping cleanliness - filthy toilets and hotel rooms.

Inedible overpriced food.

Increasing prices coupled with dropping standards.

Sad, but plenty of people still seem happy with what’s being offered so I can’t see things improving.
Because not everyone has experience “filthy rooms” or “inedible food”. Prices have increased yes but I’ve not seen standards drop at the resorts I’ve stayed in.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
The best thing about it is we all have a choice whether we accept the declining standards, pay the high prices, accept the smaller meal sizes, wait in long lines and pay the extra optional costs such as Genie+ and LL.

If people are still happy to go then fair play to Disney, that’s one hell of a risky business model but it’s still working.

For us, the limit of acceptance has been reached. Far more to Florida & Orlando than the land of the rodent.
I’ve also not seen smaller portions. Not sure where people have been eating but we’ve had the usual size.

And if it wasn’t for Disney I wouldn’t come to Orlando. Not sure I’d even come to the US. Much nicer places in the world.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

(The US financial system being extremely over levereged won't stop Americans from going to Disney, en masse. And with so many people working remotely now, it's easier than ever to pop down there.)

I think some people need to be fired. Not just Chapek, but also Josh D'Amaro (Parks and Resorts chairman) and also Jeff Vahle (WDW chairman). For the amount of money guests are expected to shell out, the issues mentioned in this thread are inexcusable. Yes, there's a lot of fun and good family time to be had there, but the one thing that always set Disney apart for me was their attention to every detail of the guest experience. And that is now sadly lacking.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty View Post
I think some people need to be fired. Not just Chapek, but also Josh D'Amaro (Parks and Resorts chairman) and also Jeff Vahle (WDW chairman).
I’m not sure why anyone would be fired?

Pandemic-aside, guest numbers are clearly up, people are spending more money in the parks (on Genie+, food, drinks, tickets, etc), perks like the Magical Express have been removed meaning Disney is spending less, so I’d expect profits to increase. Why would they fire the people running the business for making it more profitable?

For all that some people complain on social media about Disney and say they won’t go again (which is not a new thing at all), lots of people are still choosing to visit. Disney had said several years ago that their plan was to take more money from each guest and reduce the number of guests visiting. They are succeeding with the first part but the second part hasn’t quite kicked in yet.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 12:19 PM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I’m not sure why anyone would be fired?

Pandemic-aside, guest numbers are clearly up, people are spending more money in the parks (on Genie+, food, drinks, tickets, etc), perks like the Magical Express have been removed meaning Disney is spending less, so I’d expect profits to increase. Why would they fire the people running the business for making it more profitable?

For all that some people complain on social media about Disney and say they won’t go again (which is not a new thing at all), lots of people are still choosing to visit. Disney had said several years ago that their plan was to take more money from each guest and reduce the number of guests visiting. They are success if with the first part but the second part hasn’t quite kicked in yet.
Because some of us might feel that they are not living up to their guests expectations? I feel that way - and I'm a stockholder!
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I’ve also not seen smaller portions. Not sure where people have been eating but we’ve had the usual size.

And if it wasn’t for Disney I wouldn’t come to Orlando. Not sure I’d even come to the US. Much nicer places in the world.
I think some people are getting rumour mixed up with reality. At one point, someone at Disney suggested they may look into a number of options due to the rising cost of food. Either cheaper suppliers, slightly smaller portions, rising prices, etc. I think some thought this was confirmation that Disney was going to reduce portion sizes. I’m not sure whether they actually did, although - in my experience - reducing the portion sizes slightly wouldn’t be a bad thing.

And, like you, the whole reason why we visit Orlando and not somewhere else in America or around the world is because of WDW.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List