Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 May 22, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
Directors are often let go if shares slide with no sign of recovery.
Yes, that’s more likely to be a reason to fire these people.

But Disney’s share prices aren’t falling because of Genie+, a lack of perks, or falling standards at the parks. They are currently falling because of the slow growth in Disney+ subscribers and perhaps because the state of Florida revoked Disney’s ability to govern the area around WDW after Disney dipped its toe into the whole “Don’t Say Gay” debate.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by CuteLioness View Post
In our Kidani studio the taps were covered with toothpaste stains when we arrived and the room generally was tired and stained…not what you expect when paying their extortionate prices really, is it? It didn’t impact our holiday one bit (in fact I’ve only just remembered this now as it really bothered me so little), but I can see why people are unhappy when standards are often low and yet prices a premium.

I would definitely be peeved off with a filthy room at the cost we pay. I would be peeved off if my room at the premier inn each year (always end up in that hotel at least once a year for a night) was dirty. Good cleanliness should be a standard expected from all.

But it comes down to experience. I have never had a dirty room at Disney, my room has always been immaculate and very comfy and only once I’ve had a bad night but that was bad neighbours! I’ve never experienced bad toilets at Disney, I’ve never seen litter apart from on tables where people have just finished and it’s swooped up pretty quick, and the parks always look clean and well kept in my eyes, barely a chip to any paint. So I can’t really complain about standards dropping.

American cast members have always been amazing from my perspective. I’ve had customer facing roles and I give them credit for being so cheerful all the time I can forgive a slight dip or unsure response, DLP I’ve experienced more of a mixed bag for sure.

I’ve made my point on queues and crowds before, crowds I don’t think are necessarily new but what i do think is new is the lack of “down time”, there seems to be no quieter times right now, we have peak season weekend crowds each day, and everyone who’s been on these boards is adding to it- we all want to go and so do thousands of others after being locked in for 2 years.

I don’t like the rise in up charges when prices to go have also increased. Im saving full judgement of the Genie and LLs till I go, I’m as annoyed as the next that we have to pay for it. Im gutted that magical express has gone. I’ll wait till arrival to judge the food sizes but having been at DLP in the last month I can safely say the portions have definitely not shrunk there and I leave any quick service restaurant feeling like I’m about to explode!

Everyone’s experience is going to vary significantly.
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Never had a dirty room at Disney or problems with CMs, housekeeping etc.
Any minor issues we've ever had have been sorted quickly.
Restaurants sadly aren't worth the difference of eating off-site these days, but still bob in and out.
Parks, well yes they're never going to be like they were but hopefully Genie will work out.
All these people on SM never going again is ok with me 😀
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Blueste
Very Serious Dibber

In terms of higher prices I do wonder if that has more to do with the lower value of the pound than anything else. In 2007 £1 would buy you $2, today £1 would buy you $1.26.
Blueste is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post

The exchange rate is certainly a factor too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Well, I will reserve judgement until I go, but I'm largely a "glass half full" person.

We have to remember the world is broken at the moment and healing. People are healing. The economy is healing.

I see a lot of negativity on Disney social media pages, and most if it is stuff that wouldn't even have made an article in the "before times". Almost like there's an addiction to negative news (or delivering it, one or the other).

Most people are upset about the cost, I think. Some even about irrelevant political issues that shouldn't be misconstrued. Don't let that distort your view on Disney.

Draw your own conclusions after your visit. Ignore the "value for money" aspect because that's gone out the window in almost every aspect of life. That's what we'll be doing.

Sorry it didn't live up to some of your expectations compared to the "before times".
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Well, I will reserve judgement until I go, but I'm largely a "glass half full" person.

We have to remember the world is broken at the moment and healing. People are healing. The economy is healing.

I see a lot of negativity on Disney social media pages, and most if it is stuff that wouldn't even have made an article in the "before times". Almost like there's an addiction to negative news (or delivering it, one or the other).

Most people are upset about the cost, I think. Some even about irrelevant political issues that shouldn't be misconstrued. Don't let that distort your view on Disney.

Draw your own conclusions after your visit. Ignore the "value for money" aspect because that's gone out the window in almost every aspect of life. That's what we'll be doing.

Sorry it didn't live up to some of your expectations compared to the "before times".
Yes this is me too. I'm going knowing it's going to be a bit different, but it's 3 years overdue and probably my last visit, at least for a long time, as my kids are all growed up now and wont come again.
My glass will be half full I know, and maybe even overflowing if I'm lucky!
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
baggies
Very Serious Dibber

baggies's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My 2 rooms at OKW were not dirty at all, I moved after the first night as whoever thought its fine to have a studio room right next to the bus stop was wrong, saying that my adult DS didnt notice but I couldnt sleep until there were no busses, busses stoppping, hyraulics raising and falling, beeping, busses starting and farting was not contusive to me sleeping. In the morning we were moved to a room on the 3rd floor, nowhere near a bus stop.

Housekeeping was bizarre either new towels old towels taken away, new towels and old towels remain, or bins emptied, we were not DVC but only had bins and towels changed together once in our 11 night stay

My OKW room "complaint" is that those in 1 bed apartments who think its absolutely fine to cook bacon for breakfast should be banned unless they offer some to those in the connected room !

I loved my holiday, as we have every trip its always different, I won't stay at OKW again but will definitely being staying on-site WDW in the future (probably 3 or 4 years time)
Oct 2005 DLP Newport Bay Hotel
May 2004 i-Drive, Oct 1995 i-Drive

Edited at 02:38 PM.
baggies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
Yes this is me too. I'm going knowing it's going to be a bit different, but it's 3 years overdue and probably my last visit, at least for a long time, as my kids are all growed up now and wont come again.
My glass will be half full I know, and maybe even overflowing if I'm lucky!
I'm the same. I'll be so excited about being there and am going with the attitude that it will be different but I know I'll enjoy myself. For health reasons I don't do full on park days. I spend a lot of time by the resort pool, Disney Springs and Typhoon Lagoon. In the next couple of years it is likely I will be in a wheelchair so I'm making the most of going there while I'm actually able to walk unaided. Reading various threads on here, a lot of people seem determined not to enjoy themselves when they go. I think it'll be a self-fullfiling prophecy for them as they will be looking for things to find fault with.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rocking Ewok
slightly serious Dibber

Actually I have noticed plenty of trash and overfilling bins around the parks. I think the complaints must be quite high about it as I saw people coming through the ROR queue sweeping yesterday (first time this trip). I don’t think it’s not wanting clean parks but a real shortage of staff, but still has the same end result.

Stock is a real issue as well, if you see something you like you have to get it there and then because it won’t be there later in the day. Best hop that it is also in good condition as CMs just shrug their shoulders and say no more stock. We got one of the souvenir cocktails from Oga’s cantina and when DW checked it back at the room the detail on the mug was really shallow and soft compared to the one you drink out of in the bar (had pictures and it was very clear) took two visits to Guest relations and Oga’s cantina to get an email address to so we can get this sorted out. If out of stock why were we not given this email first time? Because all but the last person we spoke with shrugged their shoulders and said nothing they can do).
DW also spent best part of 10-15 minutes selecting a Loungefly from a shelf full of them as they all had lots of loose threads or were poorly stitched in some areas.

Spoken with lots of American guests around the parks and quite a few have been mentioning very similar issues to this thread. Which has been interesting to hear.

Overall don’t think Disney will care too much for gripes and moans providing the visitors still keep coming and spending the money (which looks like the are doing based on the amount of lightsabers and droids I see around the four parks).
If visitor numbers drop then I suspect it will be looked at very closely as to why, doubt it will be a change to less visitors spending a lot more. Less visitors will likely spend less per head (but then I haven’t looked at their financials for things like average spend per transaction/visitor/onsite guest etc). Suspect demand will stay high until 2025 (which is roughly when air travel is also have predicted to have recovered to pre pandemic levels, not related as such but an idea).
Rocking Ewok is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List