Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 May 22, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Universal Quick Serve - Mobile Order Only

I caught a quick vlog last night (Rix Flix?) - They mentioned that almost all of the quick serve locations they tried would ONLY allow them to mobile order.

Has anybody heard anything about this change? I know there have been a ton of topics about cash lately, and everybody has said everywhere still accepts cash as usual.

I've already got my cash so will be pretty annoying if they refuse to serve people if they don't add a card to the app!
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

It’s not all restaurants as not all are on the app for mobile order. I understand it was some of the ones in IOA where wouldn’tonly allow orders via the app. It wasn’t being forced in Universal. I wonder if it is/was due to staffing challenges so where operating mobile order only at certain locations as a temp measure.

Edited at 03:01 PM.
m2k00 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Yes. I was refused service at IoA when I wanted to use cash. Mobile order or nothing. A few very unhappy customers at the door!
Orlandobelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
Yes. I was refused service at IoA when I wanted to use cash. Mobile order or nothing. A few very unhappy customers at the door!
As you would imagine there would be. That's what I can't understand!

Heavilly pushing mobile ordering absolutely. Flat out refuse service to those who don't/can't use it is going to cause so much trouble with your customers, and probably lose you sales too!
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

We went into the one across from Spiderman the other day just as it was opening at 11am. I think it just says Diner outside it.

The manager came out and asked everyone to leave and order from outside on a mobile and them a table number would be provided and we would be let in. It was the first day for mobile orders and all the staff didn't seem to know what to do.

I said my app wouldn't accept my payment card so couldn't mobile order. She just said we would have to eat elsewhere then.

The guy outside the Three broomsticks said the same. No mobile order, no butterbeer.

It's happening more in Disney the last few weeks as well.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Originally Posted by Mariesmith View Post
I said my app wouldn't accept my payment card so couldn't mobile order. She just said we would have to eat elsewhere then.

Yeah - I was told -
"well you won't be able to eat at Universal counter service then"
Orlandobelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Jenksy74
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mariesmith View Post
We went into the one across from Spiderman the other day just as it was opening at 11am. I think it just says Diner outside it.

The manager came out and asked everyone to leave and order from outside on a mobile and them a table number would be provided and we would be let in. It was the first day for mobile orders and all the staff didn't seem to know what to do.

The guy outside the Three broomsticks said the same. No mobile order, no butterbeer.

It's happening more in Disney the last few weeks as well.
Last week we ate in Comic Strip cafe and they asked me to mobile order but when I tried to put my card in phone it said it would not accept and try later. I explained this to the staff member on door and he was very friendly and just said go to till and pay cash or card.

We went for last day yesterday and went to same Cap America Diner and I explained to the lad on door that mobile ordering will not accept my card. He too was very pleasant and said the girl will seat you straight away and just pay at register...they couldn't have been more helpful...

I guess it depends who you get on door, but I think if you prove it does not work you should be allowed access... I am sure they need the custom. Its shocking if you were told to eat elsewhere.

T
Jenksy74 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jenksy74 View Post
Last week we ate in Comic Strip cafe and they asked me to mobile order but when I tried to put my card in phone it said it would not accept and try later. I explained this to the staff member on door and he was very friendly and just said go to till and pay cash or card.

We went for last day yesterday and went to same Cap America Diner and I explained to the lad on door that mobile ordering will not accept my card. He too was very pleasant and said the girl will seat you straight away and just pay at register...they couldn't have been more helpful...

I guess it depends who you get on door, but I think if you prove it does not work you should be allowed access... I am sure they need the custom. Its shocking if you were told to eat elsewhere.

T
I don't even think it should be based on whether or not it works. If you don't want to pay on card then you should have a cash option. Like you say, they probably need the custom so why would they implement something that's gonna alienate a lot of people?!
Old 10 May 22, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

I've spoken to somebody on the Universal twitter account and they've said the following:

"Hi Dean, Kailee here. Thank you for providing that information. If possible, could you provide a link to the vlog you watched? I am going to forward this to our Food and Beverage Management. You should always be able to pay in cash at our locations as long as it is in USD."

I don't know whether that response is damage control to the negative reaction or not lol, but hopefully it means they'll be ensuring cash payment remains.
Old 10 May 22, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

We are going in October. I certainly won’t be forced into mobile ordering.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List