Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 May 22, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Have just heard on radio they need DNA to identify bodies such is the carnage! For once I have no words. 😭
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

There are no words...

Veering between deep, deep sadness and anger. Just why?
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

They did nothing after Sandyhook & will continue to to do nothing

tragic

RIP all those souls
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

There will be platitudes and hand wringing but they will continue to do nothing.
As Einstein said, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again yet expecting to yield different results.
In the meantime the rest of the world looks on in disbelief and horror. For such a progressive country it sure is messed up.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Seeing the pictures just now of some of those poor children who have been killed is just heartbreaking.Only 2 days away from their summer holidays💔

Lots of people would love to live in the US,the reality is so much different to our holidays.
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Tragic and unfortunately will probably happen again and again 😢😢😢

Some awful stories on the news your heart hurts for poor parents who send their children to what should be a safe space five days a week
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Trickytenrec
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Heartbreaking! I just cannot understand why they do nothing over gun control. Such a waste of lives.
My sister lives in the US and this is something I fear for my niece and nephew. There’s no way I would live over there. I’d be I fear everyday of sending my kids to school.
Trickytenrec is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
There will be platitudes and hand wringing but they will continue to do nothing.
As Einstein said, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again yet expecting to yield different results.
In the meantime the rest of the world looks on in disbelief and horror. For such a progressive country it sure is messed up.
I don't think the US is actually that progressive. Just look at how they have went on about Roe vs Wade and women's right to chose what to do with their own bodies. Its like the US is going back to the 1940's.
Old 25 May 22, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Heartbreaking, there are no words to explain how awful this is. There are no words that will bring comfort to those poor parents. There are no words that can give a reason why they refuse to change their gun laws after all these pointless, distressing acts of violence

Sadly the US must be one of the least appealing country to live in for me at the moment. My DH had a work opportunity there many years ago, I’m so very pleased we didn’t go. Even for holidays, it’s losing its appeal for us
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

I just cannot begin to comprehend this. Those poor babies 😢 and their teachers! The gun lobby have already started up, such is their deep held belief 😡
What will it take before the US stands up and gets rid of this archaic “right”? What about those children’s right to live and be safe? What about their parents right to expect their children to come home from school? And what about the teachers right to have a safe workplace? I will never get this!
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List