Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Jun 22, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

A relaxed military style trip. May 2022. Day 11. Pirate golf, Wheel, Seaworld, CiCis

Saturday 21st May

Index

Our last full day. 😭
We still had a couple of unused tickets so decided to play pirate golf. We chose the harder course but it wasn’t too difficult.

I thought it was well themed and a fun morning.
Matt plays golf regularly so obviously he won but think I did ok 🤣 he also got 3 holes in one, I managed to get one as well.

On the way out I wanted a photo in the ship.

A pirate came out and told me the photo wasn’t good enough and took me to the shop next to it. He was great and stayed in character.

We then chatted for a bit before leaving.
The wheel doesn’t open until 1pm so breakfast was discussed.
We decided on one last Taco Bell, choosing the one on I drive. We took a trolley, it was packed.
Overheard the drivers talking about being stuck in traffic because of megacon, this was the main day. We had been seeing lots of people dressed up, only really recognised the Star Wars characters but the effort some people made was impressive.
We got off at I drive to discover Taco Bell was closed, it said opens at 10am, it was now about 10.30 but it was closed without any sign of life.
We gave up on getting a trolley so said about Denny’s and started to cross the road.
A trolley then came around the corner so we ran back.
It said supervised on the front but it was just the driver. I think he had just been shoved out of the depot by himself because of the issues as it was empty 🤣
It was an easy ride to Taco Bell, however a total mess up in here.
One other person was in here so it wasn’t busy. We ordered on the machine, Matt had breakfast items. I paid and asked for our drink cup. Sat down for a few minutes and then got called to say breakfast items had finished.
Asked if we could have steak instead and then finally got our order, she said she made a mistake so a totally different item with lettuce and salad that Matt wouldnt eat so had to swap.

We finished and I got called up again and was given another wrap. Matt managed to eat this 🤣
Total for 5 wraps in the end, nachos and cheese plus a large drink was $16.42.
Anyway, it was still really good.
Looked on the trolley app and one was due so quickly refilled our drinks and went to the stop which is on the Taco Bell side.
Got off at icon park. The Taco Bell on I drive still looked closed as we passed.
I took some photos of moobys, no one queuing today.

I’m still unsure if people were waiting to meet someone or for food the other night but if it’s just for photos I’d recommend going in the day.
We scanned our wheel tickets, we had our own pod as it wasn’t busy. You can stream your own music but we didn’t really work out how. I really didn’t fancy this but was still embracing my brave moment.

I hated it, we got a a certain height going up and I just clung onto the pole and closed my eyes.
Matt was walking around the pod pointing out things, erm, I’m not looking thanks. He said he saw Epcot.
I told him to tell me when we are going down, then I opened my eyes again but still kept a hold on the pole.

Just behind Matt on the right is the ride the accident happened on.
The doors opened and I was off like a shot. Never again for me.
We had a last wander around icon park.

Walked back to the hotel. We talked about seaworld or aquatica and looked at the waiting times on the app.
Manta was showing a 15 minute wait so meant it was running today, that made our mind up.
Matt checked the trolley app, one was a few minutes away so threw the tickets and passes in my bumbag (no phones again) and ran to the stop. It was another hot day so that was fun. 🤣
Luckily we didn’t miss it. It was full and here I saw the best outfits of the weekend.
I have no idea who they were dressed up as, if I had my phone I would have asked to take a photo.
They had full skull make up on, massive coats and homemade sticks with a goat skull on.
As we passed the convention centre, the traffic was backed up for miles on the other side. It was crazy. We arrived at seaworld ok.
We couldn’t see manta going so headed to journey of Atlantis, then it whizzed by us so made a u turn. It said 40 minutes, I think it was about that. I liked the aquarium while queuing but it’s a little claustrophobic. It was strange, we seemed to not moving for ages then it was straight to the ride. Maybe they had to run it without passengers.
Anyway. We were soon on.
This was horrific 🤣
I hated that I had no choice but to look down on the first climb, it was awful. I closed my eyes but managed to open them for the rest of the ride. I was shook when I came off, glad I did it but wouldn’t rush back on.
I really wanted to ride journey of Atlantis, have never done it before. It was an hour wait but this was the only chance so joined the line.
Matt called it a ball ache, yes it was.
Finally got to the front, on the ride and then the bars came up and were asked to get out!
We only had to wait for the next ride (would have devastated and had to listen to Matt moaning if the ride went down at this point)
I did enjoy this but wouldn’t wait an hour again.
We headed to Mako but saw Kracken had a 5 minute wait, it was a walk on so went on that twice.
A larger man was on and the attendant tried to make his overhead harness lower by standing on the ride and pushing down, but he had to get off. Don’t know if it’s always been this strict or now it’s because of the accident at icon park.
Then mako, also 5 minutes but pretty much a walk on.
The row in front had 2 kids and their grandparents (credit to them) the bars were down but they then made the boy get out and check his height which took a couple of minutes and some faffing.
The Americans were shouting let him ride.
He was tall enough but i think he lost his nerve so the grandad stayed at the side with him. His sister called him a chicken 🤣
One more ride and we exited, couldn’t be bothered to walk to the other side of the park to ice breaker.
Grabbed a drink on the way out. The trolley didn’t take too long and we were really lucky as the traffic had cleared.
Showered and change, had a drink in the Alehouse and watched all the people coming and going from megacon.

Tonights dinner was cicis pizza. First a drink at Buffalo Wild Wings at icon park.
I had a Long Island iced tea made with Mountain Dew

Tonight was another storm night, we quickly moved tables this time and enjoyed watching again.

We waited until it had cleared, getting a little worried about making it for dinner.
Eventually it became a drizzle and we legged it to a near empty cicis.

It was so good. Total $27.65
We waddled back to the hotel.

Edited at 03:10 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 22, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You did well riding things you really didn’t fancy

Joan
Old 11 Jun 22, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by roxie2001 View Post
Saturday 21st May

Our last full day. 😭
We still had a couple of unused tickets so decided to play pirate golf. We chose the harder course but it wasn’t too difficult.

I thought it was well themed and a fun morning.
Matt plays golf regularly so obviously he won but think I did ok 🤣 he also got 3 holes in one, I managed to get one as well.

On the way out I wanted a photo in the ship.

A pirate came out and told me the photo wasn’t good enough and took me to the shop next to it. He was great and stayed in character.

We then chatted for a bit before leaving.
The wheel doesn’t open until 1pm so breakfast was discussed.
We decided on one last Taco Bell, choosing the one on I drive. We took a trolley, it was packed.
Overheard the drivers talking about being stuck in traffic because of megacon, this was the main day. We had been seeing lots of people dressed up, only really recognised the Star Wars characters but the effort some people made was impressive.
We got off at I drive to discover Taco Bell was closed, it said opens at 10am, it was now about 10.30 but it was closed without any sign of life.
We gave up on getting a trolley so said about Denny’s and started to cross the road.
A trolley then came around the corner so we ran back.
It said supervised on the front but it was just the driver. I think he had just been shoved out of the depot by himself because of the issues as it was empty 🤣
It was an easy ride to Taco Bell, however a total mess up in here.
One other person was in here so it wasn’t busy. We ordered on the machine, Matt had breakfast items. I paid and asked for our drink cup. Sat down for a few minutes and then got called to say breakfast items had finished.
Asked if we could have steak instead and then finally got our order, she said she made a mistake so a totally different item with lettuce and salad that Matt wouldnt eat so had to swap.

We finished and I got called up again and was given another wrap. Matt managed to eat this 🤣
Total for 5 wraps in the end, nachos and cheese plus a large drink was $16.42.
Anyway, it was still really good.
Looked on the trolley app and one was due so quickly refilled our drinks and went to the stop which is on the Taco Bell side.
Got off at icon park. The Taco Bell on I drive still looked closed as we passed.
I took some photos of moobys, no one queuing today.

I’m still unsure if people were waiting to meet someone or for food the other night but if it’s just for photos I’d recommend going in the day.
We scanned our wheel tickets, we had our own pod as it wasn’t busy. You can stream your own music but we didn’t really work out how. I really didn’t fancy this but was still embracing my brave moment.

I hated it, we got a a certain height going up and I just clung onto the pole and closed my eyes.
Matt was walking around the pod pointing out things, erm, I’m not looking thanks. He said he saw Epcot.
I told him to tell me when we are going down, then I opened my eyes again but still kept a hold on the pole.

Just behind Matt on the right is the ride the accident happened on.
The doors opened and I was off like a shot. Never again for me.
We had a last wander around icon park.

Walked back to the hotel. We talked about seaworld or aquatica and looked at the waiting times on the app.
Manta was showing a 15 minute wait so meant it was running today, that made our mind up.
Matt checked the trolley app, one was a few minutes away so threw the tickets and passes in my bumbag (no phones again) and ran to the stop. It was another hot day so that was fun. 🤣
Luckily we didn’t miss it. It was full and here I saw the best outfits of the weekend.
I have no idea who they were dressed up as, if I had my phone I would have asked to take a photo.
They had full skull make up on, massive coats and homemade sticks with a goat skull on.
As we passed the convention centre, the traffic was backed up for miles on the other side. It was crazy. We arrived at seaworld ok.
We couldn’t see manta going so headed to journey of Atlantis, then it whizzed by us so made a u turn. It said 40 minutes, I think it was about that. I liked the aquarium while queuing but it’s a little claustrophobic. It was strange, we seemed to not moving for ages then it was straight to the ride. Maybe they had to run it without passengers.
Anyway. We were soon on.
This was horrific 🤣
I hated that I had no choice but to look down on the first climb, it was awful. I closed my eyes but managed to open them for the rest of the ride. I was shook when I came off, glad I did it but wouldn’t rush back on.
I really wanted to ride journey of Atlantis, have never done it before. It was an hour wait but this was the only chance so joined the line.
Matt called it a ball ache, yes it was.
Finally got to the front, on the ride and then the bars came up and were asked to get out!
We only had to wait for the next ride (would have devastated and had to listen to Matt moaning if the ride went down at this point)
I did enjoy this but wouldn’t wait an hour again.
We headed to Mako but saw Kracken had a 5 minute wait, it was a walk on so went on that twice.
A larger man was on and the attendant tried to make his overhead harness lower by standing on the ride and pushing down, but he had to get off. Don’t know if it’s always been this strict or now it’s because of the accident at icon park.
Then mako, also 5 minutes but pretty much a walk on.
The row in front had 2 kids and their grandparents (credit to them) the bars were down but they then made the boy get out and check his height which took a couple of minutes and some faffing.
The Americans were shouting let him ride.
He was tall enough but i think he lost his nerve so the grandad stayed at the side with him. His sister called him a chicken 🤣
One more ride and we exited, couldn’t be bothered to walk to the other side of the park to ice breaker.
Grabbed a drink on the way out. The trolley didn’t take too long and we were really lucky as the traffic had cleared.
Showered and change, had a drink in the Alehouse and watched all the people coming and going from megacon.

Tonights dinner was cicis pizza. First a drink at Buffalo Wild Wings at icon park.
I had a Long Island iced tea made with Mountain Dew

Tonight was another storm night, we quickly moved tables this time and enjoyed watching again.

We waited until it had cleared, getting a little worried about making it for dinner.
Eventually it became a drizzle and we legged it to a near empty cicis.

It was so good. Total $27.65
We waddled back to the hotel.
You’re braver than me on the wheel I have always managed to avoid it 🙊even though we always stay on International Drive, which of course is near to Cici’s too
Hubbie loves it here, cheap & tasty 😋😋
Another good day 😎

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 22, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A packed last day, starting off with the golf and then all those terrifying rides! At least you managed some tasty cocktails at the end of the day.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
You did well riding things you really didn’t fancy

Joan
Thank you. It was the worse coaster I've been on.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
You’re braver than me on the wheel I have always managed to avoid it 🙊even though we always stay on International Drive, which of course is near to Cici’s too
Another good day 😎
At least with the coasters, they are over quickly, the wheel took forever.
CiCis is so good, the deserts were amazing.
Old 14 Jun 22, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Another good day 😎
We didn't want to go home not using the tickets. Time just went this visit.