Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jun 22, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachv38
Very Serious Dibber

Is this a good idea

We have a trip booked for next Aug staying at a universal hotel Endless summer, the plan was to do just universal next time but part of me still wants to do disney. I've priced up a 3 day disney park hopper ticket through undercover tourist for around £1300 for 4 of us. I thought if I also booked 2 nights in a value disney hotel. Has anyone done this or am I being silly?
Rachv38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachv38
Very Serious Dibber

Has anyone else done similar and was it worth it?
Rachv38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

People quite often take a mini break from their 'Disney' holiday to visit Universal, so I don't see a problem with doing it for Disney

If it's worth it would be entirely your call of course
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
PeachyLemons
Excited about Disney

We’re the same as you, was going to do just universal but my son really wants to do Disney again so planning a similar holiday for Aug 2023.

I’m thinking of booking 5 nights at Disney All star, and then 9 nights at universal cabana bay (family suite) priced it up including 14 day tickets for both at £4380. The Disney bit also includes $180 dining credits and $200 gift card, so a little saving. (There are 3 of us).

Just got to sort flights then, but have no idea what August flight prices are decent as we’ve only been in the winter (Nov & Jan)
PeachyLemons is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
VS075
Serious Dibber

We’ve just got back from a week Universal only trip, staying at Dockside, and I’m not going to lie, it was nice to avoid the Mouse and the crowds, planning and stress that comes with it… We spent a bit of time round the pool too and it actually felt like a relaxing holiday!

Obviously do what’s right for you and if that amount of money sounds it, go for it!
My experience on US borders opening day: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1207820
VS075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Do you want to go to the Disney Parks or just get some of the experience. If the parks are not so important, then you could just drive down to Disney Springs to get your Mouse fix.

If you did want parks, as you have booked Endless Summer already, I wouldn't pay extra for a Value Resort, I'd just bite the bullet and do the drive from ES as you still pay for parking one way or another in WDW so no real benefit.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Well we have a 14 night package at Royal Pacific but have decided to stay at the Yacht club for one night to get our Epcot fix. Do what’s right for you.

We won’t have a car so makes more sense to us to spend a night there, plus the Deluxe resorts get two extra hours at Epcot on a Monday so that’s what we are doing. We will pay Disney Springs a visit on the day we checkout and enjoy a leisurely stroll around the Boardwalk.

It all depends what you want out of your holiday, not what other people deem to be a waste of money. Only you can decide if it’s worth it to you.

Disney have 20% off the room rate for the date we booked it so that saved us a bit!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachv38
Very Serious Dibber

We won't have a car, all star sorts is around £250 for 4 of us for 2 nights. It's the convenience of being onsite for the parks. We woukld make the most of the time and stay until close. My daughter really wants to do disney again. I just didn't want to pay for 14 day tickets when I know we won't be doing that many days. We stayed onsite in 2019 for 3 weeks so have done most things anyway. It's the new rides we want to try and do.
Old 20 Jun 22, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Rachv38 View Post
We won't have a car, all star sorts is around £250 for 4 of us for 2 nights. It's the convenience of being onsite for the parks. We woukld make the most of the time and stay until close. My daughter really wants to do disney again. I just didn't want to pay for 14 day tickets when I know we won't be doing that many days. We stayed onsite in 2019 for 3 weeks so have done most things anyway. It's the new rides we want to try and do.
If it’s in your budget and you think you would regret not doing it then I would say go for it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachv38
Very Serious Dibber

I've just bought a 3 day park hopper ticket for Disney for next year when we go. I haven't told my Husband yet 😂. I'd regret it I think if we went all that way and didn't do it. At least if we park hop we can get all the parks done. I'm so excited. I'm going to tell the kids at Xmas as I've asked for tickets to be posted, so I will give them to them at Xmas.