Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jun 22, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
What about miscarriages? My sister had one sadly between her 2nd and 3rd child and was traumatised. Imagine if the police knocked on her door to investigate whether or not she "murdered her child", as has already happened in the US (thankfully the case was dropped after public outcry).

This decision makes it more likely to happen in some states with the most extreme abortion laws but hey no worries, the innocent gave nothing to fear right?
Indeed.

Let us not forget that a lot of drugs and procedures used for abortion are also used in managing a miscarriage.

Missouri House Bill 2810 would make using, prescribing and even ordering abortion-inducing devices or drugs a Class A felony. What happens when these devices and drugs are needed to help a woman manage a miscarriage? Women suffer. That’s what happens. Women should be able to access the reproductive healthcare they need without question. Abortion is healthcare.
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

My heart breaks for Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s family, to think she clung on until her dying breath, through pancreatic cancer, to preserve her seat for the democrats as long as she could. She must be turning in her grave.

I find it so dumbfounding how the US proclaims to separate church and state and yet this decision resembles what they claim to fear about Sharia Law. Supreme Court Justices should be impartial, it’s such a corrupt system.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GoldenAvalanche View Post
My heart breaks for Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s family, to think she clung on until her dying breath, through pancreatic cancer, to preserve her seat for the democrats as long as she could. She must be turning in her grave.

I find it so dumbfounding how the US proclaims to separate church and state and yet this decision resembles what they claim to fear about Sharia Law. Supreme Court Justices should be impartial, it’s such a corrupt system.
She should have retired under Obama, poor thing. No 2-term President has ever been followed by someone from his own party in modern times.

Edited at 02:28 PM.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Rose89
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by GoldenAvalanche View Post
So I am going to put forward a vote on all men getting vasectomies, we can get them reversed once they’re in suitable position to parent, you ok me putting that out to vote on? If you lose, you will be forced to undergo medical treatment. It stops the murder of hundreds of thousands of babies you know, you game?
THIS.

SO MUCH THIS.

Thank you GoldenAvalanche. I've read through this entire post and honestly I was so let down by the attitudes of some members of TheDibb who I consider like minded in their Disney love... but can see their blatant disregard for the rights of women like myself, but your eloquent responses have perfectly put across the point my angry brain couldn't put into words.

To those 'pro-lifers' who still find it difficult to understand that this is not murder. If there was a fire in a hospital wing that had a fertility clinic with a thousand viable embryos stored, and next door the maternity ward with 10 babies in. If the fire department knew they only had time to go to one room and not the other. Could you HONESTLY say it's better to save the thousand embryos than the 10 babies that had been born? Surely you consider those lives just the same so saving a thousand over 10 would be your logical choice?
2024 All Star Music Resort/2023 Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea & Universal Osaka/2022 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2022 Pop Century/2021 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2019 Caribbean Beach & Endless Summer Surfside/2018 Disneyland California & Universal Hollywood/2017 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/2016 Rosen Inn International/2014 Disneyland Paris/2012 Pop Century/2010 Econolodge Inn & Suites/1999 Kissimmee/1997 Quality Inn I- Drive

Edited at 03:45 PM. Reason: Typo on GoldenAvalanche's name!
Rose89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We have had a few reported posts regarding this thread.
Unfortunately the posts that have been reported have been quoted, replied to and re-quoted with the quoted posts also being quoted and re-quoted which makes it impossible for us to moderate the original comments without removing half of the thread

Please STOP with the personal comments.

If you don't agree with another members comments in anyway then by all means reply to those comments but do so in a way that is not attacking another member personally, do not personally insult another member even if you don't agree with what they have said.

Please keep things Friendly.

Edited at 03:05 PM.
Stu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
fiendj
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Unfortunately the posts that have been reported have been quoted, replied to and re-quoted with the quoted posts also being quoted and re-quoted which makes it impossible for us to moderate the original comments without removing half of the thread
This sentence is a brilliant mouthful. I had to read it out loud.

Also, Thank you for not immediately shutting down this thread as I think it is an important discussion. I do not envy your position as moderator here.
fiendj is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stu View Post
We have had a few reported posts regarding this thread.

Please STOP with the personal comments.

If you don't agree with another members comments in anyway then by all means reply to those comments but do so in a way that is not attacking another member personally, do not personally insult another member even if you don't agree with what they have said.

Please keep things Friendly.
I’m very happy for the posts calling me stupid to stay up, it’s how these debates go and shows people’s true colours. Thank you for allowing the thread to remain, it’s an emotive topic but an important one.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mr-paul
slightly serious Dibber

A horrifying ruling. I'm so sad for all women in America and across the world. The US political system and courts are broken, and the Republicans are on a mission to remove rights from women and minorities. I'm saddened that there are even people on here that think this is the right thing.

These rights should never be taken away. Now they have, it shouldn't just be on women to fight for their rights back. It has to be all of us.
mr-paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Moocat21
Earning More Ears

As you can see from my countdown I have over 400 days to go (November 2023)
However
As the rights of most women in the USA to their own reproductive health care have just be swept away.
I for one will be reflecting on my trip and will be cancelling.
in my personal opinion i do not think i would be comfortable going to a country that is legislating for enforced pregnancy/birth no matter the circumstances of the pregnancy or for the age or the life of the mother. as well as the prosecution of any nurse/doctor that provides that care.
Also in the USA news reports that access to contraceptives/IVF as well as gay rights and marriage may also be in the courts sights - worrying times indeed
2023 4th time not looking likely either

Edited at 04:23 PM.
Moocat21 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
What utter and complete nonsense. Every day both men and women are told what they can and cannot do.
A woman’s right to choose is also a woman’s right to murder without the other partner even having a say.
That’s not democracy, that’s just contraception
What a warped way to think. Contraception? Do you genuinely believe that or are you attempting to be “controversial”?
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List