Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jun 22, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
What a warped way to think. Contraception? Do you genuinely believe that or are you attempting to be “controversial”?
Just for effect I reckon .. bit sad really.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
It makes me feel a little better going back just to know Disney will pay for employees abortions if they do need and have to travel out of state.
DH works for a big multinational tech company based in the US and they sent an email to everyone yesterday saying they will pay full travel and treatment costs of any employee needing an abortion if they live in a state where it is banned. It’s good to see companies stepping up.
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by GoldenAvalanche View Post
Right so what is it if the state or the partner force a woman to carry a baby and give birth to it against her will? Because I would call that state sponsored grievous bodily harm.

Apparently the right to call women murderers trump's responding to the post...mine was deleted. As will this one . Thread will be closed..aim of poster complete..let's not allow women and men to fight for the right to decide what happens to their bodies

For the record...I don't think I could have an abortion BUT I thank MY god I've never had to make that decision.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Apparently the right to call women murderers trump's responding to the post...mine was deleted. As will this one . Thread will be closed..aim of poster complete..let's not allow women and men to fight for the right to decide what happens to their bodies
Your post was removed as it was personally aimed at another user.
Yes there are personal comments still in this thread and I have explained that a few posts ago here
https://dibb.in/15509823

If members make their comments personal rather that addressing the topic then moderation will likely kick in.

Simply put if everyone avoids attacking other members, keep things friendly and address the topic then posts will remain

Edited at 06:31 PM.
Stu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
Then
As
A
Democracy the people of that state can overturn the decision of that state
I believe in democratic votes that’s why I applaud this decision to hand it back to the people who never had the chance to vote on roe vs wade
Don’t you believe in democracy? Or only democracy that supports your view
Don't make me laugh. You think they'll vote solely on this ... I don't remember the current population being able to vote on gun law...don't see that overturned.

I believe democracy...I believe a womens body is hers and here alone... if she chooses to abort them so be it, if she chooses in conjunction with family do be it...if she is FORCED to carry an unwanted child to term ... Puts it up for adoption... because they've got no mat leave in the USA, no benefit system to help Casey find a home with her baby, who is going to adopt these children, where do they go...homes...

I really don't care about religious beliefs or white men in suits ...I believe that if you don't want an abortion then it's your democratic right to not have one ...if you want to believe God is omnipotent...it's your right... I'm a Catholic...I'm not going to put my belief system on anyone else

Edited at 06:32 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

I agree with Stu here. The good thing about the Dibb is its tolerant of differing opinions.

As long as they don’t turn personal then whether we agree or not everyone is allowed a say.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Rose89
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
I agree with Stu here. The good thing about the Dibb is its tolerant of differing opinions.

As long as they don’t turn personal then whether we agree or not everyone is allowed a say.
"Everyone is allowed a say" can be a dangerous approach...

Sometimes it's the duty of the many to tell those with dangerous and unwanted views that they're not welcome.

Sexuality, Race, Women's Rights. Some topics SHOULD have a right and wrong opinion and it should be perfectly ok to call out those dangerous and wrong 'opinions' to protect those who need protecting.
2024 All Star Music Resort/2023 Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea & Universal Osaka/2022 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2022 Pop Century/2021 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2019 Caribbean Beach & Endless Summer Surfside/2018 Disneyland California & Universal Hollywood/2017 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/2016 Rosen Inn International/2014 Disneyland Paris/2012 Pop Century/2010 Econolodge Inn & Suites/1999 Kissimmee/1997 Quality Inn I- Drive
Rose89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by Rose89 View Post

Sometimes it's the duty of the many to tell those with dangerous and unwanted views that they're not welcome.

Sexuality, Race, Women's Rights. Some topics SHOULD have a right and wrong opinion and it should be perfectly ok to call out those dangerous and wrong 'opinions' to protect those who need protecting.
That’s called censorship and has no place in a free society in my opinion.
You can call out what you believe to be wrong opinions, that’s what people have fought and died for

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Rose89 View Post

Everybody in life is allowed an opinion. Now its how it is written that can raise conflict. However an opinion is a fundamental right and many on here have commented over the years that they will defend others such rights till hell freezes over.

I firmly believe America has made a decision that is insane. But others are allowed to have different views without being abused.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rose89
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Sue View Post
That’s called censorship and has no place in a free society in my opinion.
You can call out what you believe to be wrong opinions, that’s what people have fought and died for
The law recognises five types of hate crime on the basis of:

Race
Religion
Disability
Sexual orientation
Transgender identity
Any crime can be prosecuted as a hate crime if the offender has either:

demonstrated hostility based on race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or transgender identity
Or

been motivated by hostility based on race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or transgender identity
2024 All Star Music Resort/2023 Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea & Universal Osaka/2022 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2022 Pop Century/2021 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2019 Caribbean Beach & Endless Summer Surfside/2018 Disneyland California & Universal Hollywood/2017 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/2016 Rosen Inn International/2014 Disneyland Paris/2012 Pop Century/2010 Econolodge Inn & Suites/1999 Kissimmee/1997 Quality Inn I- Drive
Rose89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List