Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Jun 22, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

How would this ruling affect visitors? It won’t affect me at my age, mind you! I’m just wondering what would happen if someone was on holiday and had (for example) an ectopic pregnancy. Would they get the treatment they needed if it wasn’t legal? I assume not?
Old 26 Jun 22, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by klairbear View Post
I guess I am a murderer then.
No you are most definitely not and please don’t ever let anyone make you feel like that.
Old 26 Jun 22, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CreakingStool View Post
I was I the same situation 14 years ago, mentioned earlier in the thread.

This is the problem though, abortion has been turned into a dirty word when it is actually a medical term. I had an abortion to remove a ruptured ectopic pregnancy. It probably had a heartbeat although it couldn't be seen due to the huge amount of blood in my abdomen which would have killed me if left untreated and left my 18 month old son motherless.

I unfortunately had a miscarriage after this which did not abort itself. I was given abortion inducing drugs to expell the remaining tissue. Without access to this I could have developed a severe infection and died. As happened to the poor woman in Ireland which I believe helped drive the change in the law there.

There is nothing black or white about pregnancy. Because maternal mortality rates are so much lower now then 100 years ago its easy to forget that pregnancy is dangerous for many, many reasons.

These are examples of possible consequences of this law changing and could happen to anyone capable of becoming pregnant visiting a state with these strict anti abortion laws but above all of this is the fact that no one has the right to make a choice about another persons body except that individual, that is a fundamental human right.
yes likewise, had I not had my ectopic pregnancy removed (along with a tube) I would have been dead within hours.
As much as I have no issue with abortion, the term I believe applies to the removal of a foetus from the uterus, as an ectopic pregnancy is outside the uterus, it's removal, either through the use of methotrexate or surgically is not considered abortion (in the UK at least). Either way, the whole SC ruling is completely bonkers and downright wrong.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
If it was me (I just saw) then it would have ben an honest mistake and not for the first time I have hit it that rather than the huggable one (blame old age, eyesight and dyslexia) - apologies then again it may not have been me ……
MF I apologise for getting it wrong. I have always found you to be polite and friendly.

I took the 2 posts in question, ( which both referred to the poster's faith), and combined that with your strong post against faith to make 2 plus 2 equal 20.

Sorry.
Old 26 Jun 22, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Universal VR View Post
How would this ruling affect visitors? It won’t affect me at my age, mind you! I’m just wondering what would happen if someone was on holiday and had (for example) an ectopic pregnancy. Would they get the treatment they needed if it wasn’t legal? I assume not?
Well presumably your health insurance would have to take you to state without anti abortion laws

It's an interesting question
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
theotherblonde
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Hi everyone, good evening 😊

I just wanted to personally thank everyone for being so kind to me. I come across as respectful on here (try to be) because, that’s just me in real life.

I realised earlier last year that many things in this world that we belief in or belief against stem from, our backgrounds, cultures, expierences, religions, languages, family up bringing, wealth and so on. With over 7 billion people in the world coming from likely millions of differences relating to these things, it would be surprising if we weren’t all very different.

Life is just to short to get angry and upset over someone having a different opinion from you. I think either way whether you are on one side of the fence or the other on most issues, it is generally because you care and your heart is in the right place, in their mind and deep down I would hope they don’t mean harm.

Again this is just the internet. I would never actually have a discussion like this in real life with colleagues; friends and family as they will likely all disagree with me on multiple issues. I have learnt to to find mutual interests with people and avoid everything else. This is just a side discussion from the main point of this thread as I really don’t want to get into that again.

I wasn’t trying to appear all sweet and nice before while saying my own views as someone pointed out. I was genuinely being kind because, kindness is free and smiling is contagious! At 35, I am done with drama and joy, peace and happiness are just essential in my life. So in order to try and get that, I get to give it.

I come on the dibb because Disney gives me so much joy.

Have a nice evening everyone 😘
theotherblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Look at the case of the American lady on holiday in Malta... I imagine it would be similar... horrible. Miscarrying but doctors unable/unwilling to treat in Malta as the fetal heartbeat was still there. Eventually flown to Spain. Where was their humanity.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

As was said earlier, the US is now not a place to visit if you are, or think you may be, pregnant.
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
If it was me (I just saw) then it would have ben an honest mistake and not for the first time I have hit it that rather than the huggable one (blame old age, eyesight and dyslexia) - apologies then again it may not have been me ……
MF, if you've clicked the wrong emoji you can change it if you like. Go to the post in question, click the "like" button again which will remove your laughing emoji. You can then click the hugging emoji if that was what you had intended.
fudgie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fudgie View Post
MF, if you've clicked the wrong emoji you can change it if you like. Go to the post in question, click the "like" button again which will remove your laughing emoji. You can then click the hugging emoji if that was what you had intended.
Thank you - people that know me know it was an honest (silly) mistake

PS (and am no big techie - got to work out Spotify tomorrow as have a freinds pod cast (whatever that is)) to listen too

Edited at 11:03 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List