Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 23 Jun 22, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Be careful of Tolls please.

If not enrolled at time of reservation or at the rental counter, and user incurred toll charges by utilizing a dedicated or express lane, customers will be charged an administrative fee $15 per toll plus the cost of each toll, with a maximum admin fee of $90 per rental agreement. These fees and tolls are charged separately after the completion of the rental

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
I suspect they have charged you the $26.99/day CDW and $16.99/day SLI that you might have skipped - have you got your booking confirmation handy?
Dr JJ

I wonder if we'll ever know

Mick
Old 27 Jun 22, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Dr JJ

I wonder if we'll ever know

Mick
Hopefully the OP will update us on their return Mick, I hate unfinished stories
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

I have booked with wisecars, I always take out additional excess insurance from the UK. Which is for CDW and sli. Did you take anything additional OP as wisecars don’t include insurance most of the time.
Old 6 Jul 22, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mr_m_mouse
Staying in the Castle

Hi, so I took cdw only at a cost of $45 per day - cdw plus sli was coming in at $55 per day. A big gamble I know, but the car is returned now incident free.

The wisecars site we booked from presented as a UK site and we paid in GBP. I chose the option for full insurance and excess protection, but apparently this only covers £1000 of any additional fees that the hire company imposes. (The rental agent told me that this was only breakdown cover which I knew not to be true and increased my suspicion of them).

What is irritating me is that they appear to have jacked the price up to $55 per day for cdw+sli because my initial hire price was so low. (We booked in January because my wife read an article about rapidly increasing car hire costs in the US).

So I am wondering if I can claim back on my credit card because they charged me above the advertised price for insurance.

And tolls..sigh..yes..despite having my sat-nav programmed to avoid toll roads I ended up going through 1 toll plaza just after collecting the car.
mr_m_mouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mr_m_mouse View Post
Hi, so I took cdw only at a cost of $45 per day - cdw plus sli was coming in at $55 per day. A big gamble I know, but the car is returned now incident free.

The wisecars site we booked from presented as a UK site and we paid in GBP. I chose the option for full insurance and excess protection, but apparently this only covers £1000 of any additional fees that the hire company imposes. (The rental agent told me that this was only breakdown cover which I knew not to be true and increased my suspicion of them).

What is irritating me is that they appear to have jacked the price up to $55 per day for cdw+sli because my initial hire price was so low. (We booked in January because my wife read an article about rapidly increasing car hire costs in the US).

So I am wondering if I can claim back on my credit card because they charged me above the advertised price for insurance.

And tolls..sigh..yes..despite having my sat-nav programmed to avoid toll roads I ended up going through 1 toll plaza just after collecting the car.
A crazy and reckless gamble with the SLI mate. For an extra £100 or so you are crazy not to have paid it.

Please no one else do that. You’ll go bankrupt if you bump someone. It’s the USA, they will sue you for their injuries.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mr_m_mouse
Staying in the Castle

Totally, I know, it was the wrong decision but it was a result of being under pressure to make a large unexpected purchase just after coming off a long flight and not having enough time to consider it. Which is why I am annoyed enough about it to post here.

Edited at 11:18 PM.
mr_m_mouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mr_m_mouse View Post
Totally, I know, but it was the wrong decision but it was a result of being under pressure to make a large unexpected purchase just after coming off a long flight etc. Which I was I am annoyed enough about it to post here
I’m glad you posted as it highlights these situations to others.

I think I’ve read that you could’ve gone to any of their locations and added it on at any point of the rental, once you’ve realised your mistake. At least I’m sure it’s possible with the main ones (alamo, hertz etc).
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 22, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mr_m_mouse
Staying in the Castle

I asked if I could add it afterwards and they said no - perhaps just a part of the pressure selling technique.
Old 7 Jul 22, 05:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. I commend you for posting about your experience as many wouldn't have due to embarrassment.

A salutary lesson to others that there are companies out there to be avoided.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List