Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 30 Jun 22, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

DAS having left the park

Just wondering what happens to DAS if you leave the park then return later in the day. When you leave the park Disney doesn't know, obviously Disney know when you scan back in. Can you still book a return time for a ride when you come back? I'm thinking if ROTR has a 2 hour standby queue time, we might leave to go offsite for lunch or back to the villa for a bit, it would be nice to virtually queue while not at the park, then we can return to ROTR later in the day.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 22, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Yes, you can leave in between, but you must secure the return time before you leave the park.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 22, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Yes, you can leave in between, but you must secure the return time before you leave the park.
Why would you need to secure the return time before you leave the park, it wouldn't know you have left would it?
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 22, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
Why would you need to secure the return time before you leave the park, it wouldn't know you have left would it?
It knows if you leave the park wifi and stops working. I believe there's a way round it if you have a vpn, but choosing a ride before you leave is safest. The return time is valid until park close anyway.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 22, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

If you're planning on returning to the same park later I would book a das for whatever you want do first when you return.

If you're going to a different park later just book as soon as you enter the second park.
Mariesmith is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 22, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

It possibly uses location (GPS) to detect if your in the park, they cannot use wifi as some people don't use it and just use their own data. So just install an app called Fake GPS . You can then set the location to were you want. I was testing a couple of weeks ago and set mine to typhoon lagoon and accessed mDE. The next day i got a survey from disney asking me how my visit was to TL. I'd not even stepped out of my house. So i suspect fake GPS would work for you as long as you had checked into the park that day.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 22, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
It knows if you leave the park wifi and stops working. I believe there's a way round it if you have a vpn, but choosing a ride before you leave is safest. The return time is valid until park close anyway.
Maybe GPS rather than WiFi? As you don't have to be using Disneys WiFi to book.
Originally Posted by Mariesmith View Post
If you're planning on returning to the same park later I would book a das for whatever you want do first when you return.

If you're going to a different park later just book as soon as you enter the second park.
Great thanks!
Old 30 Jun 22, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

The DAS button only appears once you've scanned into the park. I don't think using a VPN or GPS tricks will work for booking das rides.

If you booked ROTR just before leaving Hollywood studios it remains on your MDE till you go back and use it or drops off at the end of the day.

If you decided to go to another park instead, you can cancel the das and select a new ride in whatever you've entered.
Mariesmith is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 22, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
It possibly uses location (GPS) to detect if your in the park, they cannot use wifi as some people don't use it and just use their own data. So just install an app called Fake GPS . You can then set the location to were you want. I was testing a couple of weeks ago and set mine to typhoon lagoon and accessed mDE. The next day i got a survey from disney asking me how my visit was to TL. I'd not even stepped out of my house. So i suspect fake GPS would work for you as long as you had checked into the park that day.
To use DAS it has to be on the Disney WiFi. It doesn't work with data
Old 30 Jun 22, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
Maybe GPS rather than WiFi? As you don't have to be using Disneys WiFi to book.
Depending on your data provider you might have to connect to WiFi - I did and others have reported the same issue.