Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 30 Jun 22, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Recovery status DCL/Safe Passage *NHS LFT NOT ACCEPTED*

******UPDATE******: Safe Passage/DCL have confirmed that NHS LFT tests are NOT accepted as part of the documentation needed for a recovery status. If your result is an NHS LFT, you will need to test****

I was planning on getting a recovery letter so I don't have to test before the cruise.

It seems though that you also need a copy of the positive test result. I'm not sure that the NHS text will cut it like it did for entry to the US (when that was in effect)?

Anyone else familiar with this process?

Edited at 09:03 PM.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

A friend asked a similar question on FB. There were cases where the NHS LFT email confirmation had worked but Prenetics (the Europe company) eventually replied to her email and said no it had to be a PCR test. The Disney website does not specify either way. Personally if you can I would try a PCR test (as in if you have only just tested positive).
Old 1 Jul 22, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
A friend asked a similar question on FB. There were cases where the NHS LFT email confirmation had worked but Prenetics (the Europe company) eventually replied to her email and said no it had to be a PCR test. The Disney website does not specify either way. Personally if you can I would try a PCR test (as in if you have only just tested positive).
Sadly I tested positive on the 9th June. I think I'll need to get in touch with DCL/Safe Passage to find out what they accept.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
phi2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I would have thought the NHS email for a positive lft result should be sufficient, if as above, disney's own website states it could be an antigen test result, which I think is a lft, right? Plus the nhs email states your name, date of birth and the date of test, so everything they ask for.
If the recovery certificate also accepts those, so should disney's cruise process.
Might be worth contacting Disney cruise direct and asking the question, otherwise people may be paying out for recovery certificates and then finding out they still need to pay for another test at the port, which would be very costly.
I currently have 3 of 5 who have had covid recently and can get a certificate, so hoping the lft's will be sufficient proof.
phi2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by phi2012 View Post
I would have thought the NHS email for a positive lft result should be sufficient, if as above, disney's own website states it could be an antigen test result, which I think is a lft, right? Plus the nhs email states your name, date of birth and the date of test, so everything they ask for.
If the recovery certificate also accepts those, so should disney's cruise process.
Might be worth contacting Disney cruise direct and asking the question, otherwise people may be paying out for recovery certificates and then finding out they still need to pay for another test at the port, which would be very costly.
I currently have 3 of 5 who have had covid recently and can get a certificate, so hoping the lft's will be sufficient proof.
100% agree it should be and there are reports of it being accepted but Prenetics (the Europe version) claimed they wouldn't accept it for DCL. The US version have accepted it for others I was just warning people in case they came back and said no
Old 1 Jul 22, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
phi2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
100% agree it should be and there are reports of it being accepted but Prenetics (the Europe version) claimed they wouldn't accept it for DCL. The US version have accepted it for others I was just warning people in case they came back and said no
Oh please don't think I was questioning your post 🙂.
Just Disney, if that is what they do. I'm grateful you posted as I've emailed Disney myself to make sure as would hate to pay out and find it wasn't good enough. 👍
phi2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

I'll post back here what I find out 🙂
Old 6 Jul 22, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Taz
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
I'll post back here what I find out 🙂
OP, just wondering did you get a response from DCL?

Thanks

Louise
Old 6 Jul 22, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs_Taz View Post
OP, just wondering did you get a response from DCL?

Thanks

Louise
I emailed Safe Passage/DCL, but still no response. Bit concerning if my cruise was sooner!

As soon as I hear back I'll post here 🙂
Old 6 Jul 22, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Taz
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
I emailed Safe Passage/DCL, but still no response. Bit concerning if my cruise was sooner!

As soon as I hear back I'll post here 🙂
Thank you