Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jan 22, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by Magnolia dream View Post
My daughter rebooked our flights on Saturday night after seeing how easy it was on here, just got an email now, apparently we are booked to fly tomorrow until 12th November. So not worked well for us, now frantically waiting on the phone to find out what has gone wrong and that we don't lose the flight as a no show tomorrow.
35 minutes wait so far!
Oh no! That's not good ☹. Hope you get it sorted! Keep us updated!

Wishing I has called now too!
Old 17 Jan 22, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Magnolia dream
Trainee Dibber

Still on the phone, think its going to be a big phone bill but cheaper than not having a flight. I cannot believe the person booking 3 flights didn't think to check why we would want tomorrow, when we actually booked two weeks November, replacing the two weeks last November that got cancelled.
Old 17 Jan 22, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Still on the phone, think its going to be a big phone bill but cheaper than not having a flight. I cannot believe the person booking 3 flights didn't think to check why we would want tomorrow, when we actually booked two weeks November, replacing the two weeks last November that got cancelled.
Is it worth using WhatsApp aswell? Put URGENT on it? This is the number I used last year? Assume its the same?

+44 344 874 7747

Edited at 10:10 PM.
catlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Magnolia dream
Trainee Dibber

My daughter did WhatsApp earlier and it said they are closed. Thanks for the number will see if it is the same one.
At this time we are still on the phone and being as they close the lines at ten we can safely say its going to be tomorrow now, so a worrying night ahead.
I will update you tomorrow as soon as we get sorted (Hopefully)
Old 17 Jan 22, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
My daughter did WhatsApp earlier and it said they are closed. Thanks for the number will see if it is the same one.
At this time we are still on the phone and being as they close the lines at ten we can safely say its going to be tomorrow now, so a worrying night ahead.
I will update you tomorrow as soon as we get sorted (Hopefully)
☹ oh bless you! Fingers crossed for you?
Old 18 Jan 22, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Magnolia dream
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
☹ oh bless you! Fingers crossed for you?
Morning, update for you today.
We got answered on the phone at twenty to ten last night and the guy was so lovely trying to sort things out, he had to go and speak to someone to make sure it was not us that put those dates in and was going to call back in about ten minutes. No call waited until half eleven.
Facebook messaged my daughter at 3 in the morning asking if we still needed assistance and what details did we have (daughter was asleep so missed it)
Flights showing on our app as on time this morning, so really panicking we would be a no show and lose flights, got straight on the phone this morning, 45 minutes later got a lovely lady so cheerful this time of the day, all sorted and we are now booked for the correct dates Phew Plenty of seats going, full flight coming back.

So our experience is mixed, a mistake happened on line (their side) and apart from the time trying to get them on the phone, the experience of help was very good, it's just the dreaded hold time on the phone.

Thank you for trying to help hope you have a lovely day.
Old 18 Jan 22, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Morning, update for you today.
We got answered on the phone at twenty to ten last night and the guy was so lovely trying to sort things out, he had to go and speak to someone to make sure it was not us that put those dates in and was going to call back in about ten minutes. No call waited until half eleven.
Facebook messaged my daughter at 3 in the morning asking if we still needed assistance and what details did we have (daughter was asleep so missed it)
Flights showing on our app as on time this morning, so really panicking we would be a no show and lose flights, got straight on the phone this morning, 45 minutes later got a lovely lady so cheerful this time of the day, all sorted and we are now booked for the correct dates Phew Plenty of seats going, full flight coming back.

So our experience is mixed, a mistake happened on line (their side) and apart from the time trying to get them on the phone, the experience of help was very good, it's just the dreaded hold time on the phone.

Thank you for trying to help hope you have a lovely day.
So pleased you finally got sorted out in the end! Very stressful for you all though 😕. Been checking to see whether you got it sorted out OK! 😁

I'm regretting not getting a refund at the time the flights were cancelled now, so I could rebook myself. The cynic in me thinks they are waiting for sale to end, as my flights are cheaper now, so I have to pay more! 😕. The voucher code has already finished so I'm guessing they won't allow that off! I have other open tickets with them, so going to request a refund now!
Old 18 Jan 22, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Magnolia dream
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
So pleased you finally got sorted out in the end! Very stressful for you all though 😕. Been checking to see whether you got it sorted out OK! 😁

I'm regretting not getting a refund at the time the flights were cancelled now, so I could rebook myself. The cynic in me thinks they are waiting for sale to end, as my flights are cheaper now, so I have to pay more! 😕. The voucher code has already finished so I'm guessing they won't allow that off! I have other open tickets with them, so going to request a refund now!
Thank you, it was a worrying night as the flights were booked for today but pleased it is all sorted.

If you can manage the long wait on the phone, I would call them, they seem to be dealing with all sorts of different issues, you never know they might be able to sort out the voucher code, might be worth a try.
Both people we spoke to could not be more helpful, I cannot say I would like their job at the moment with so many flights affected the past two years and playing catch up.

Hope you get sorted soon
Old 18 Jan 22, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Just a quick update! Got a call about an hour a go from a very helpful lady about our flights. About 78 hours after submitting my form.

She called (I think?) because I asked for Miami and the original flights were Orlando, and she wanted to make sure we wanted Miami? She seemed to be saying we could have Orlando as they cancelled us? I just said our plans had changed and we now wanted Miami! Now wondering if she meant at the same price? 🤔 Wish I'd asked 😉. 🤣

Anyway she had rebooked all of us and I only needed 3. She said she would sort it! Her mistake. She then asked whether I wanted a voucher or a refund for my dd's flight? I said a refund and she possessed it without me needing to do anything.

I mentioned that I had been hoping to use a voucher code that was valid over the weekend and she said she would adjust the price so that the flights were the same price as my original ones! 😀. Pleased with that!

She also took time to go through my other open tickets and reward flights I had in my account! 👍 She was very helpful. So I'm relieved it's sorted now! 😁.

Only slight disappointment is there aren't 3 seats left together! Busy flight! But we'll survive 😆
Old 18 Jan 22, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

My son on a different booking, wanted to change from LHR to MAn after originally changing only the return to MAN from LHR and reducing the time in Florida (he's at Uni in Lancaster)

Both changes, without any charges, done in the space of ten mins by email.
Those who are having issues, perhaps it's the time you call?
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List