Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 5 Mar 22, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

ive booked the dochq test which is basically the same thing as Qured for my departure from the USA, may book another for the actual cruise to take in Orlando then.
Just hope they are ok for RCCL
Old 26 Mar 22, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

Just an update, we used Qured tests and did the video call this morning, it was very simple, everything was explained clearly. We had the results in around 10 mins
Old 28 Mar 22, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Planaholic
slightly serious Dibber

For those that have used these tests and cruised. Were the tests all accepted okay? No issues with the information on the certificates etc?
Old 3 Apr 22, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_jm
Trying for More Ears

Keen to know how others have got on too as we are in a similar position where we are in Orlando a week before we cruise. We were going to get the ones from Royal Caribbean but can’t pay with a UK card.
florida_jm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 22, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I am feeling anxious already about making sure we have access to an approved antigen test. We will be cruising out of Vancouver, so I am not sure if they have different versions of approved tests in Canada. All the local testing options I have seen in Vancouver seem to be drive-thru ones, and we won't have a car. Then what if you mess up the test and don't get the control line?! We only have one full day in Vancouver before our cruise, and so I don't want to lose it to running around trying to sort out our testing.
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 22, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Rotonda Bound
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
ive booked the dochq test which is basically the same thing as Qured for my departure from the USA, may book another for the actual cruise to take in Orlando then.
Just hope they are ok for RCCL
We used the Dochq test for entry to US on 27th March. We went on a RC cruise on 28th March and used same test results without any problems.

You should be ok 👍🏼

Dragonflies Villa ... close to stunning Gulf Coast beaches.
The ideal place to relax and unwind

Rotonda Bound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 22, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JSP View Post
We bought the Qured ones in the end to take with us. We are all booked in for a video call the day before our cruise
Thats what we did on a Carnival cruise in December. Hotel printed result off for us. No problem at all when we arrived at check in. So very envious Have fun
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 22, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just continuing from my ramble above! We also have option of taking a PCR test 3 days beforehand. So our schedule is as follows - we fly into Seattle on the Thursday and then are staying there overnight before then getting the train up to Vancouver (hopefully at least - they still haven't opened the train line) and then a couple of nights before getting on the cruise on the Sunday. My thought now is that maybe we could get a PCR test performed early on at Heathrow airport before our departure morning. Hopefully then we would get the result through before we board the plane - as gutting as it would be, probably better than finding out we have to isolate once there. I think I have worked out the days right...

Sunday (cruise day) - Day 0
Saturday - 1 day before
Friday - 2 days before
Thursday - 3 days before

Does this sound sensible? The only issue I can think is that whilst it will be Thursday in the UK, it won't be Thursday yet in Canada... but presumably if it has the Thursday date on it, that would be fine...

(I hate this!)

Edited at 01:19 PM.
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 22, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rotonda Bound View Post
We used the Dochq test for entry to US on 27th March. We went on a RC cruise on 28th March and used same test results without any problems.

You should be ok 👍🏼
Really good to know, I was thinking of booking the RC test in the port as a backup, you pay on the day I think but that's $105 pp.
Old 5 Apr 22, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Planaholic
slightly serious Dibber

After giving this some thought, I think we’re going to do ours at the airport. We fly in on Wednesday and cruise Saturday so thought we’d do it on arrival, then it’s all done out of the way. Should be $65 each. I emailed to ask about availability and booking an appointment but they said walk in is fine. Turns out they also run the service at the port, but that’s $105!