Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 13 Mar 22, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkbelle View Post
pocruises/login

On this page, register if you haven’t already done so.

Last year on the Seacations, when logged in there was an Entertainment tab, as at that time you had to prebook shows, but just like Princess there was plenty of availability so it didn’t matter if you haven’t.

I don’t know if they are still doing half price dining on the first couple of nights. Again if you log in, before Covid you could prepay for a speciality restaurant before sailing. Doing that offered a small saving.

My neighbours cruised on Iona in January, they are a bit older, and she wasn’t really their thing. They said acoustics in the Sky Dome area were awful, and all the glass made the atrium feel chilly. They bought me the Horizons (equivalent of Princess Patter) as they also said Entertainment was lacking. When I read them I was certainly thinking, load my kindle and take my Nintendo switch. That and the cinema would have filled my days.

I long for P&O to return to full strength, I’ve had some wonderful experiences on their ships. They were understandably missing due to Covid protocols, hopefully those things will start coming back.
Ok will do that .
I was wondering do they do any crafting etc on P&O?
Looks like I’ll be packing an extra cardi just in case of chilly in the Sky Dome!
I’ve just added a couple of new books to my kindle and bought some proper books to take!😀
Looking like some checking has to be done …….

I have Ilana list (life well cruised) on what you need, so all’s well

Getting the rail out next week I think….
Old 13 Mar 22, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FloridaAnn & Co View Post
👋 Ok am not going to expect anymore information regards entertainment, we can be surprised lol

As for stateroom will just have to be patient… not good at that tho🤣 when we booked they did say possibly deck 15/16 fwd so…..will let you know when I find out…. Meanwhile while I will check EVERY day and mess the app up like I did with Princess as my DH informed me ….. hmmmmmm

Thanks for taking the time !
🤣 nothing you can mess up on P&O, they are quite good at doing that themselves though. Do keep checking the manage my booking, as they may be requiring you to book a place in the theatre so you will see the entertainment, under entertainment

The jazz club requires queuing with people saying do it the first day before it becomes busy, it’s meant to be good.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 22, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkbelle View Post
🤣 nothing you can mess up on P&O, they are quite good at doing that themselves though. Do keep checking the manage my booking, as they may be requiring you to book a place in the theatre so you will see the entertainment, under entertainment

The jazz club requires queuing with people saying do it the first day before it becomes busy, it’s meant to be good.
Just tried the login in link and I have already done it previously ….oops thought it might be something different…. Typical me ..!
I think I can mess up even if there’s nothing to mess up DH definitely decided the Princess app kept crashing because I was continually checking it 🤣 BUT nothing stops me checking and I shall continue……..
Ok shall take that onboard (&#128514
about the jazz club. Seems to be a lot of things you need to do as so as you get onboard.
Oh think I’ve learnt that they guide you straight to your Muster Station and then to your stateroom to watch the video- that right? It didn’t seem the case with Princess …
Old 13 Mar 22, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Originally Posted by olivia View Post
The drinks package costs the same. As we had on board credit we bought it on ship. I think if you leave it until on the ship you can buy next day if you don’t think you will get good use out of on first night.
Thanks for that tip Olivia. I think you are right ! If we do get a drinks package will purchase it the next day👍🥂
Old 13 Mar 22, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Deano
Imagineer

Deano's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Big fan of Iona, we will be on her again in July for the Fjords trip and we did the Northern Europe Xmas Market cruise just before Xmas.

We ate at Keel and Cow Twice, Sindhu, Ripples Ice cream afternoon Tea, Epicurean Afternoon Tea. All worth the upgrade price and we will do them all again in July.

We only ate in the MDR on our first night and I was actually very impressed with it, just wanted to try other stuff on other nights.

The Quays are great, fish and chips were some of the best id had we really enjoyed these too.

We had the non alcoholic drinks package and I thought it was worth the money as we were frequent Costa visitors
My wife had the odd cocktail or glass of wine which we paid OOP for and that worked really well for us.

Hope you have a lovely time we only had Disneys cruises to compare it to but we really enjoyed our time on Iona.
Old 14 Mar 22, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Thanks for your reply Deano & Thanks am sure we will enjoy our time…
I love a Costa too! Can you get an iced coffee included? The odd cocktail for me too👍
Have a great time in July too!
Old 14 Mar 22, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We go on our first ever cruise on Iona in late April! Cannot wait!
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 22, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by anna68 View Post
We go on our first ever cruise on Iona in late April! Cannot wait!
You'll love her Anna. We sailed on her last August and booked again yesterday to go at the end of May on the Fjords sailing. We have always sailed with Celebrity and Princess and wasn't sure what to expect but we loved it.
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 22, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

How’s the packing going Anne? I would have filled the rail, then this weekends sunshine would have persuaded me to add a few more summer outfits.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 22, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Which is exactly what I’ve done! 🤣 I’m thinking you’ve got your spies on me or I’m becoming predictable to you! Haha
Put shoes, bags etc in suitcase. Have filled just the two rails… one each, not both mine! Am going to pop out in the morning for a couple of things, plus something for DH’s birthday on 5th 🎉🥳🍾🎈
Have double checked with P&O that they will still have complementary testing at port when we sail, which is a yes!
Also I saw CPS/P&O parking is changing from the end of the month. It’s no longer testing in the car, you will go into the terminal. Still no cabin allocation yet ….
Have you started getting things ready yet?