Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 18 May 22, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
It looks like the testing procedures have now changed for fully vaccinated guests. My understanding is we have to test up to 2 days before including at port? Would love recommendations on where to test or maybe it is best to wait till at port?
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
It looks like the testing procedures have now changed for fully vaccinated guests. My understanding is we have to test up to 2 days before including at port? Would love recommendations on where to test or maybe it is best to wait till at port?
We’re doing the cruise at the start of our holiday , so we will test at LHR the night before flying - covers us for the flight and cruise (we did the same earlier this year).
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 03:21 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
I'm now really wishing the cruise was at the beginning of the holiday When booking last year I did not consider testing procedures at all! It's good to know UK tests are accepted by DCL. I'm thinking Breathe Assured online might be ok?
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
rylisal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
I've just re read the email. I'm a bit annoyed at having to spend even more money to get tested...
It's all a bit silly now. About time they did away with testing if we're fully vaccinated!
DCL were doing the testing at port. Why have they stopped?
Miami 1991(honeymoon!),Quality Inn Int Dv 1992,Buenaventura lakes Villa 1993,Quality Inn Int Dv 1995,Quality Inn Int dv 1997,Days Inn Lakeside 2000,Masters Inn Maingate 2002,Ramada Plaza MGate 2004, Liki Tiki Feb 2007 & Disney Wonder Cruise,DLP Feb '08,Terre Verde,DCL & Indian Shores Oct '08,Canada Aug09,June/July '10 CP & RPR, Feb/Mar '14 Mystic Dunes, Unversals RPR & POR, June/July '16 Florida road trip Sept '18 DLP!
rylisal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by rylisal View Post
I've just re read the email. I'm a bit annoyed at having to spend even more money to get tested...
It's all a bit silly now. About time they did away with testing if we're fully vaccinated!
DCL were doing the testing at port. Why have they stopped?
My guess would be cost.

Our P&O cruise last month had the same change happen a week before. I was annoyed at first but then decided it was better to do it earlier ourselves. At least we knew before we got there that we’d be ok to board. It will also speed up the boarding process considerably.

We’ll be taking tests with us and booking with DocHQ. It’s about Ł11 per person.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
rylisal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
My guess would be cost.

Our P&O cruise last month had the same change happen a week before. I was annoyed at first but then decided it was better to do it earlier ourselves. At least we knew before we got there that we’d be ok to board. It will also speed up the boarding process considerably.

We’ll be taking tests with us and booking with DocHQ. It’s about Ł11 per person.
Ahh OK. So we can use DocHQ in USA?
It's all new to me as I've not looked into any pre flight testing yet ~ keep hoping it will be dropped! 🙈

I guess it's time for me to read up about it...
Miami 1991(honeymoon!),Quality Inn Int Dv 1992,Buenaventura lakes Villa 1993,Quality Inn Int Dv 1995,Quality Inn Int dv 1997,Days Inn Lakeside 2000,Masters Inn Maingate 2002,Ramada Plaza MGate 2004, Liki Tiki Feb 2007 & Disney Wonder Cruise,DLP Feb '08,Terre Verde,DCL & Indian Shores Oct '08,Canada Aug09,June/July '10 CP & RPR, Feb/Mar '14 Mystic Dunes, Unversals RPR & POR, June/July '16 Florida road trip Sept '18 DLP!
rylisal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by rylisal View Post
Ahh OK. So we can use DocHQ in USA?
It's all new to me as I've not looked into any pre flight testing yet ~ keep hoping it will be dropped! 🙈

I guess it's time for me to read up about it...
I think we can, will wait and see actual reports once the change starts.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
SoraX17
Helping Mickey

I'm all of a dither about the pre cruise testing, I haven't a clue what to do, it's bad enough having to do it once before flying and now having to do it again in the US !
SoraX17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by SoraX17 View Post
I'm all of a dither about the pre cruise testing, I haven't a clue what to do, it's bad enough having to do it once before flying and now having to do it again in the US !
Walgreens do it for free :-)
Old 19 May 22, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Got the emails for the Wish and the Dream for Sept with the test changes.

Bit irritated that we'll have to take time out to get tested twice which was being done at the port previously.

Still got a good few months to go so it could all change by then!
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List