Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 May 22, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Luckily IVE never been a victim of DV

BUT she does not sound genuine it's too off pat... I am don't know I hate to think I don't believe a genuine case but if I was on the jury ...all men BTW... I wouldn't believe her

What's with the bruised looking cheek too!
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 22, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
annachief
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eeyore rocks View Post
The fake crying gets me…crying for nearly 30 minutes without wiping a tear…again she is doing what the witness done before her…facing the jury..

She had so many chances to leave…but never..even when she reached out to her mum! 🤔
I don’t think it’s that unusual for a victim of dv to stay for years within an abusive relationship.

I thought she came across as genuine. Seems like a lot of detail to make up.
annachief is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 22, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
I really don't believe her at all

Which I hate myself for
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 22, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
annachief
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I really don't believe her at all

Which I hate myself for
Did you listen to the evidence of the psychologist beforehand? I don’t think defence could discredit her evidence that she was a victim of dv. I guess also they will call other witnesses to corroborate her events?
Old 4 May 22, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by annachief View Post
Did you listen to the evidence of the psychologist beforehand? I don’t think defence could discredit her evidence that she was a victim of dv. I guess also they will call other witnesses to corroborate her events?
It's the first time I've actually watched it . so I can only judge on what I see from her ..which to me is a very poor display and seems fake and acting.

I'll be interested in the cross
Old 4 May 22, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
annachief
Imagineer

It's the first time I've actually watched it . so I can only judge on what I see from her ..which to me is a very poor display and seems fake and acting.

I'll be interested in the cross
You see I think that’s the societal problem with any female victim of violence we have a certain expectation of how they should act or say, we probably don’t have the same expectation of men. All I would be looking for is any evidence that supports or disproves her testimony, I would take anyone’s testimony on face value unless there are (which maybe coming?) evidence that she is making it up. As a jury or judge you would have to weigh up each allegation whether on balance it happened the way she said it did or the way he said it did. Then I guess this would lead to whether she defamed him if she was lying on all allegations.
Old 4 May 22, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

The expert witness for Amber yesterday was awful, wouldn’t even really entertain the notion that men could be DV victims and repeatedly referred to victims in feminine terms and perpetrators in masculine terms and regaled stories that backed up her viewpoint that she had heard second or third hand.

Amber Heard herself doesn’t come across as credible to me given the audio we’ve heard, her switching on and off the tears and stories about how she had a bruise on her arm as he held her down and punched her in the face repeatedly, yet not a single mark on her face.

Ultimately I think she wins this case as it’s very difficult to prove in finite terms but I think the court of public approval will see Johnny Depp in a better light and see his side which I think is what he wanted from it.
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 22, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by annachief View Post
You see I think that’s the societal problem with any female victim of violence we have a certain expectation of how they should act or say, we probably don’t have the same expectation of men. All I would be looking for is any evidence that supports or disproves her testimony, I would take anyone’s testimony on face value unless there are (which maybe coming?) evidence that she is making it up. As a jury or judge you would have to weigh up each allegation whether on balance it happened the way she said it did or the way he said it did. Then I guess this would lead to whether she defamed him if she was lying on all allegations.
I don't expect her to behave in any particular way. I simply didn't believe her testimony. I'm interested in cross as that will be where the response will matter. What she says under defence questioning is only credible if it hold up under cross

Edited at 11:18 PM.
Old 4 May 22, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
annachief
Imagineer

I don't expect her to behave in any particular way. I simply didn't believe her testimony. I'm interested in cross as that will be where the response will matter. What she says under defence questioning is only credible if it hold up under cross
But why didn’t you believe her was more about her actions/behaviour than anything she actually said?
Old 5 May 22, 04:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

To be honest the I donated all the money stund, Elon and Franko on camera in the lift to the penthouse depp pays for, the audio saying to Johnny that nobody will believe him he is victim, the audio she argues she was slapping and not punching him, the new baby through surrogate just before the court case, the testimony from the charity she worked with emails showing her trying to get more damaging info, her ex assistant saying amber spat on her when she asked for raise, multiple police officers testifying no bruises, the amount of audio videos she took of her husband without his permission and the list goes on...
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List