Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 May 22, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Another virgin rewards flight question!

I am saving points and I have a virgin reward card credit card. I should get a companion voucher to use.

I can see loads of reward flights for this year and someone said that isn’t normal especially end of august. I’m happy to travel economy and use points and voucher for economy. Will these flights be easier to get? I was under the impression reward flights are hard to get but when ever I look on seat spy there seems to be loads in economy , when people say they are hard to get , not many available are they referring to premium and upper class tickets. I don’t want my point collecting and changing clubcard vouchers for points a waste of time if we can’t get flights. We can go a bit off season - travelling 24th august to 5th sept as our schools always go back a bit later. Any ideas? Will we find it difficult to use points and vouchers? Thanks
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
baboons
Apprentice Imagineer

You're right..most people talking about availability are after Upper and Premium as they're much better value than Economy.

One tip with Tesco Clubcard vouchers is to hold onto them until they're about to run out. That way you still have them if you change your mind. There also used to be occasional bonuses on transfers, but they've dried up the last few years.
baboons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

That’s great thanks. Good tip about keeping hold of Tesco vouchers I will do that and change when needed! Thanks
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Rocking Ewok
slightly serious Dibber

They tend to be best used for upgrades to PE or UC or outright booking with points at a higher level if you have enough. Economy is great if that’s what you want and plenty of availability, but the savings after you pay the APD and other fees isn’t that much compared with the higher classes.

In previous years before pandemic we used to get an economy ticket and use the companion voucher as an upgrade to PE (we both had a CC and voucher).
Rocking Ewok is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 04:20 AM  
Link to this Post
geomac79
Proud to wear my Ears

I used my companion tickets to upgrade to premium and I paid a good chunk off my balance with my points, for every 3,000 points you get 16.50.
geomac79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 04:27 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Thanks, I am trying to save what I can and using shops away etc. I will see what points I have and what’s available to book! Would love premium if possible. Thanks for advice.