Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Jun 22, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Virgin UC seat advice please...

Hi,

Just managed to grab an upgrade to UC for our outbound flight at the end of this month.

We are flying VA on an A330-300.

Quite a few seats are already taken leaving me with two options, either 10G, 11G and 10K or 8, 9 and 10k? Is 11G too close to the bar area?

It's been a long time since we fly UC, we are flying from MAN, can anyone remind me of any perks we might get?

Thanks in advance.

Ali x
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

All seats are fine on that bird to be honest.

We flew back on it this week and were the only 2 PAX to use the bar (infact we were the only 2 to use the loft on the way out) so that would not put me off booking seats near it.

The A300-300 gets a bad press but in my view they offer the best beds on the VS fleet (even though for medical reasons I couldn’t use it this flight I did use the sea and the bar and both rate very high - my partner slept well on his bed better than on the A350 or Dreamliner )
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by alibeau View Post
Hi,

Just managed to grab an upgrade to UC for our outbound flight at the end of this month.

Quite a few seats are already taken leaving me with two options, either 10G, 11G and 10K or 8, 9 and 10k? Is 11G too close to the bar area?

It's been a long time since we fly UC, we are flying from MAN, can anyone remind me of any perks we might get?

Thanks in advance.

Ali x
We flew UC to Antigua last month on the A300-300. We had seats 4G & 4K - seemed miles away from each other, but the fc agent said best if travelling as a couple.

I would suggest you go for both row K, further forward slightly better but even if near the bar area it would still be great.

Enjoy, we loved it!
Old 10 Jun 22, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

We were in 2G and 1K and they really face each other . We really really had one of the best ever flights
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

I flew over sitting in in 10K recently. It was a last minute date change so seats were limited! I usually fly in the A row to avoid having anyone facing unless it’s family. The seat was fine though and didn’t seem too close to the bar. In fact the bar area is somewhat separated.

Edited at 06:37 PM.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

Flew out here yesterday in the a330 - wouldn’t worry about the bar area - hardly used on our flight and no crew member was serving anyway. Just people going up to get snacks.

The bar area is behind a wall anyway which is quite a big divide between UC and premium (also the exit door)

Edited at 12:43 AM.
Redsnapper is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Thanks all 🙂

Do we have access to the 1903 lounge at MAN?
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks all 🙂

Do we have access to the 1903 lounge at MAN?
Yes and fast track security

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Suey12
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Ali x
I would say 10G, 11G and 10K are more sociable - the space between G & K is much smaller than it used to be on the 747. As for perks - you obviously have your own check-in desk (especially handy seeing all the queues at Manchester at the moment). You'll also get FastTrack security, and access to the 1903 lounge, which is very nice. And if you are flying UC coming home you can use the Delta Sky Lounge at MCO. Enjoy!
Suey12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 22, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Thanks all.

Just cancelled my own Fast track security booking, full refund on the way 👍🏻

Just checked out the 1903 lounge, wow, seems miles better than the Escape lounge we used for our last UC flight (many moons ago)… food options look pretty good 👍🏻

So all in all, what with this and testing being lifted I think I can say I am now getting excited 😊

Ali x