Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Jun 22, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

The Magic 3 do WDW again May 2022 - Day 1 Hollywood Studios and Epcot

I have to confess that I took precisely zero notes on this holiday so some days you’ll get lots of details and others will be a vague rambling sprinkled with some photos…let’s find out what today’s report holds!

Day 1 - rope drop Hollywood Studios and an Epcot evening

We were up bright and early to rope drop Hollywood Studios - I think I barely slept, I never do when I’m excited!

We were on the bus by 6.47am (thanks to Mark for taking a photo so we preserved that excellent detail!) and were the only ones on it.

Excuse the wet hair but there’s no time for hairdryers on a rope drop day!

The driver absolutely rocketed us there, he obviously knew we don’t mess about with rope drop We arrived just before 7am so were frantically booking rides as we walked from the bus stop. We did pretty well.

We were first in line at our tapstile (I was so proud, lol) so the cm took our photo with an empty park behind us, which was very sweet of him.

As we’d booked the big rides, we were rope dropping Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway as this was new to us.
We met another lovely cm there who wanted to talk to us about the Queen as she was a huge fan!
We loved the ride, thought it was really cute with a very catchy song. Heath was absolutely loving life.

We then shot off to Batuu and Smugglers Run was a walk on

Heath wanted to be gunner so I got to be pilot and Mark was engineer as we had it to ourselves.

As we had Slinky booked, we decided on Toy Story Mania as our final early entry ride - we were happy with three rides ticked off before everyone could get in.

You can see Heath was still a little nervous on faster rides at this point…he does get much better as the holiday goes on.

Annoyingly we’d booked a mobile order at Woody’s Lunchbox for a little bit too far into the future and had time to kill so we decided to ride Aliens Swirling Saucers before we could eat - Mark was definitely starting to get hangry, but the queue moved fairly quickly and it definitely wasn’t the 45 mins it was claiming - thankfully because it’s certainly not worth that wait!

Heath had the grilled cheese at Woody’s which immediately became his go-to order as he loved it.

I had the totchos which were also delicious and Mark had the breakfast tots.

We then had a gap before our Oga’s booking so we were going to do Star Tours but spotted people filing into the Indiana Jones stunt show on the way so we went in to watch that instead as we missed it on our last trip. We really enjoyed it, thought it was great fun and an impressive show.

We then had to swiftly march to Oga’s - imagine speed walking on the surface of the sun, while dodging buggies, scooters and hordes of sweaty, angry people - it was a lot!

We had to stand in Oga’s which was a shame because we were knackered and could’ve done with the sit down! We were right by DJ Rex which was fun, we all had soft drinks as I couldn’t even entertain the thought of alcohol on no sleep and being that hot.

Now it was finally time for Rise of the Resistance. It wasn’t open when we were last here and I’d refused to read anything about it so it was all new to me - it was AWESOME, genuinely jaw dropping. It absolutely blew Heath’s mind and he couldn’t understand how it worked at all!

It cost $47.94 for the three of us to get a lightening lane for it.

Heath still refuses to ride Tower of Terror or Rock n Roller so we were basically done now and decided to head out and have some pool time.
I hadn’t slept well for a couple of nights and had a headache I couldn’t shift, so I laid down for awhile and rested while the boys enjoyed themselves in the pool.

After a good splash, we decided to head into Epcot. The monorail was so handy but at this point of the holiday, we hadn’t realised we could walk to the transportation and ticket centre to get the direct Epcot one…instead we got the resort one to the centre and then changed…a bit long winded but never mind!

Epcot was looking beautiful for the Flower and Garden Festival.

We’d started booking Epcot rides at HS before we left. Remy had been sold out but suddenly reappeared so we grabbed that too.

Soarin’ has really grown on me, I don’t even mind the wonky monuments now
Heath adores Test Track so that’s always a must do and we also did the green Mission Space.

We tried our first festival food - fried cinnamon roll bites at Sunshine Griddle near Test Track - these were absolutely delicious.

We also got a fun Encanto magic shot.

We loved spotting all the different topiaries as we walked to France for our Ratatouille ride.

We all adored the Ratatouille ride when we did it at DLP but it just doesn’t stand out as much in WDW so we had fun but it wasn’t high on our list to repeat. The lightening lane cost us $35.16 including tax.

We were exhausted so started walking out as the fireworks went off behind us, we got to see them from the monorail which was lovely.

The 50th lighting on the big golf ball is just gorgeous.

As we got back to the Poly, we also got to see the MK fireworks from the path to the beach - what an amazing first full day!

Edited at 08:44 PM.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 22, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

What a brilliant 1st day, you did so many big rides. Don’t fancy my chances of getting DS16 up that early, even on the 1st morning 😂
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 22, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
What a brilliant 1st day, you did so many big rides. Don’t fancy my chances of getting DS16 up that early, even on the 1st morning 😂
I still can’t believe how much we got done.
We did eventually have to allow some lie ins as poor Heath was exhausted! You’ll have to go the late night route with a teenager
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 22, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
I still can’t believe how much we got done.
We did eventually have to allow some lie ins as poor Heath was exhausted! You’ll have to go the late night route with a teenager
Yep lazy mornings stacking evening LL’s for me I think 😀
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 22, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Brilliant first day and great photos

Joan
Old 13 Jun 22, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Brilliant first day and great photos

Joan
Thanks Joan!
Old 18 Jun 22, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
That's brilliant you were first in line at HS, what a friendly cast member. We love the Indy show, usually we do it twice each trip! Galaxies Edge looks awesome, I cannot wait to see it.

A shame about your headache, I imagine the stress of testing and the will we, won't we get to go, plus the lack of sleep all added together. I hope you felt better in the evening.

Great stacking at Epcot. I love the sparkles on Spaceship earth, how pretty is that!

A fantastic day. You've already done 3 parks and you've only been there 24 hours!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
That's brilliant you were first in line at HS, what a friendly cast member. We love the Indy show, usually we do it twice each trip! Galaxies Edge looks awesome, I cannot wait to see it.

A shame about your headache, I imagine the stress of testing and the will we, won't we get to go, plus the lack of sleep all added together. I hope you felt better in the evening.

Great stacking at Epcot. I love the sparkles on Spaceship earth, how pretty is that!

A fantastic day. You've already done 3 parks and you've only been there 24 hours!
Mark did ask why we had two weeks booked when we’d nearly done it all in two days 😂 it was full on but lovely because we could then take it easy and slow down a bit for the rest of the trip…but not everyone might agree with my definition of taking it easy!
Old 18 Jun 22, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessie2012
Very Serious Dibber

Wow,you are managing to fit so much in!Loving reading your report,especially as our sons are similar age,we’re off with DS aged 9 for his third time in August.Can’t wait for Rise of the Resistance!
I totally get the wet hair at the bus stop-DH never leaves me with enough time to dry my hair on holiday and I certainly won’t manage to dry it if we want to make rope drop!😩
Jessie2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jessie2012 View Post
Wow,you are managing to fit so much in!Loving reading your report,especially as our sons are similar age,we’re off with DS aged 9 for his third time in August.Can’t wait for Rise of the Resistance!
I totally get the wet hair at the bus stop-DH never leaves me with enough time to dry my hair on holiday and I certainly won’t manage to dry it if we want to make rope drop!😩
At least wet hair dries quickly in the Florida heat 😂 think I only blow dried it once in the entire trip!

Hope you all love Rise, DS is constantly asking when we can go back!